NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.0

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 10/18/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm almost done with my 2nd loose powder from NYX. This powder is absolutely silky and really works to set your foundation. I tried several products including Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder both of which are absolutely awesome. NYX to me a cheaper alternative and I definitely recommend it. I don't take selfies often but I have not noticed anything weird in my recent pictures (using NYX powder). I recommend it. Works great on drugstore foundations as well as luxury brands. Works great to set foundation before contouring with powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely terrible. *Just turn the flash on the camera and you'll see why*

Even putting this on I have to hold my breath because it's SO lightweight it goes everywhere, so keep your mouth closed. I tried this instead of my Sacha buttercup but never again. I'm trying Laura Mercier next time. Take a picture with the flash on and there's white spots everywhere, even after I brushed a little harder to get them off (which takes away from the makeup), it's still there. Absolutely would not recommend for anyone, but especially us mocha girls.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I decided to buy this product because I was waiting for my Ben Nye Luxury Translucent powder to come. I have really oily skin and nothing really keeps it looking matte. So I put this on after wearing my makeup for about 3 hours, my face is oily by then, to see how it work. I'm proud to day that I LOVE it. It leaves my skin matte & soft. I even laid down on my white & purple pillow case & there was no residue of makeup left. I strongly recommend it. It's just as good as a high end product.