NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.5

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 4/25/2018 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I like this A LOT. I have many, many drugstore powders, and this along with my no. 7 Perfect Light loose translucent powder, are the ones I prefer to set under the eyes because they cause the least creasing, can be applied so that they have an almost undetectable finish, and don't make my fine lines stand out. I can sweep my whole face with them as well.

This powder is translucent and matte on my NC 42 skin tone unless I apply a lot and don't sweep it away, in which case it does show up as a sheer, dry, white color. I don't bake with it, and I wouldn't suggest baking with it. It's easy to overdo. A little goes a long way. The packaging is great, comfortable, easy to open, and somehow, never a mess.

Concerning shimmer, it doesn't have any. The NYX MINERAL setting powder may have some, but not this one.

I have repurchased already, and would repurchase again.

on 10/18/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I'm almost done with my 2nd loose powder from NYX. This powder is absolutely silky and really works to set your foundation. I tried several products including Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder both of which are absolutely awesome. NYX to me a cheaper alternative and I definitely recommend it. I don't take selfies often but I have not noticed anything weird in my recent pictures (using NYX powder). I recommend it. Works great on drugstore foundations as well as luxury brands. Works great to set foundation before contouring with powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely terrible. *Just turn the flash on the camera and you'll see why*

Even putting this on I have to hold my breath because it's SO lightweight it goes everywhere, so keep your mouth closed. I tried this instead of my Sacha buttercup but never again. I'm trying Laura Mercier next time. Take a picture with the flash on and there's white spots everywhere, even after I brushed a little harder to get them off (which takes away from the makeup), it's still there. Absolutely would not recommend for anyone, but especially us mocha girls.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I decided to buy this product because I was waiting for my Ben Nye Luxury Translucent powder to come. I have really oily skin and nothing really keeps it looking matte. So I put this on after wearing my makeup for about 3 hours, my face is oily by then, to see how it work. I'm proud to day that I LOVE it. It leaves my skin matte & soft. I even laid down on my white & purple pillow case & there was no residue of makeup left. I strongly recommend it. It's just as good as a high end product.