NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 2/22/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My skin in nc50. This banana powder left me with a white ghost face. Not good for darker skin. Definitely not as good as Ben Nye banana powder

on 6/4/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I am very pleased with this product. Getting into make-up as a beginner , I never really understood the purpose of a finishing powder or how it would look on me, but I so glad I got this !! Oil control at its finest! And the finish is beautiful..

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

No matter what type of setting powder I use I always get shine after a few minutes of use. If I'm not planning on going anywhere important I'll use the NYC transparent setting powder but it doesn't really do much of anything. After about a half an hour it wears off. For the price, though (around 3.99 for a large container) it's not bad for casual days or days when you aren't wearing foundation. The best setting powder I've found so far is the Mattify! Ultra loose powder. It's meant for very oily skin which I have but, just like any other powder I've tried it wears off after few hours AND I have to order it online.
Now for the NYX powder....MY SEARCH ENDS HERE!!!!!!!! This is by far the best powder I've used hands down. I apply it in the morning and it lasts all day. My face stays pretty matte until the end of the day when my skin looked dewy instead of the normal oil slick and that's after being out all day and spending my fair amount of time in the Florida sun. I think if you're looking for something that is truly going to keep the oilies away and not break you out give this powder a try.
*the only drawback to using this powder is the container but I think that's a problem with most loose powders. This one is very finely milled so almost no matter what the powder tends to blow away as soon as I open the container but I'll take that considering the powder is a miracle worker.