NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

4.3

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 11/15/2017 4:59:00 PM

I needed a new loose powder, and wanted to try the nyx loose powder, because I like nyx. When I’ve tried it on my face, it was drying and the powder was all up in the air, I’ve inhaled a lot. The worst of all is that it has MAJOR flashback, and I’m very pale so for deeper skin tones I think it’s only worse. This is not what a setting powder should be. I suggest you could better use your money for other setting powders.

on 10/21/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very good powder, no talc which I love, I put it on BEFORE my foundation. HG loose powder yall

This powder makes my skin feel sooo silky and look almost airbrushed, however, it explodes into a cloud of dust every time I use it!! I use a sponge and it still gets all over the place, I can't imagine trying to use a brush with it! It also makes my face look lighter despite being "translucent", so I can see where other reviewers are coming from with the flash photography making them look super white. The pros outweigh the cons for me though!

on 11/16/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I personally really enjoy this product. I use it to set my foundation. Previously, I was using Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder, but I prefer NYX because it doesn't make me look as cakey. I like that it sets your makeup and provides somewhat of a matte finish, and that it is not as heavy as other powders (which make me cakey). I have oily, acne prone skin and I think this works fabulous with all types of foundation!

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. If you use it like a regular finishing powder, you’ll be sadly disappointed. It sets your makeup but it makes your face incredibly dry and matte looking. Not that velvet-smooth matte, but that “I smoke/drink to excess” look of dryness. However, used sparingly and in different spots, not all over, it is brilliant! I use it after doing my brows to set them—just use a small fluffy brush dipped and tapped, and gently swipe through brows. Sets them to last all day and softens harsh edges if you haven’t fully blended your brow pencil down. I also like it as a finishing touch around the inner corners of my eyes. I use a highlighter after undereye concealer, and after finishing all my makeup, I just use that same small fluffy brush to dab a bit of powder over the inner corners where I’ve highlighted. It makes the highlight last longer and also tones it down just a touch so you look like you’re bright and well-rested, not like you’ve spackled on highlighter in hopes of faking awakeness. I also dip/tap a blush brush in it and then swirl into my powder blush…it makes the blush go on smoother and last longer. Just remember to use another brush to blend the blush so it doesn’t look obvious and so the HD powder settles into your skin. Overall it’s a great product if you use it sparingly. This sifter jar will last me forever at this rate, so it’s a super good deal

UNREAL. I applied my foundation this morning at 6:30 AM. It is now 12:30 PM and it looks fantastic. No sinking into pores. No shine. No sliding all over the face. And what's even more incredible - the powder hasn't dried me out either.
I applied my foundation (actually, a BB cream) with a damp beauty blender and then dusted the smallest TINIEST amount of the NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder all over my face. Then (all powders:) contour, highlighter and blush. It all sits there, like I just applied it. This is insane.
Now let's see if it irritates me or breaks me out. I'll keep you updated.

on 7/9/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this and it is functional. I use it as my day to day setting powder when I know I am not going to be in pictures as it does flash back. I find that I have to go in with a light hand when using NYX HD. Also I flick off any excess with a small setting brush in the nose area or else it does have some slight build up but then so do the better powders. It seems to show up more when I am tan so I do think that tan/olive/dark complected girls may have some issues with it if they do not flick excess off. It is not a replacement for Nars or Mac but it does the job when I do not want to use up my better setting powders. Not everyone has the money for those amazing powders which are low on quantity and high on price. I would say I recommend this if you have a light hand and the right tools to pull this off properly.

The NYC setting powder came highly recommended. But I got the NYX on accident. Why would two different company's have such similar names and products?! I was extremely disappointed with this product. It went on patchy, it gave my face an extreme white cast, it looked like I slapped baby powder on my face. The sides of my nose had very noticeable white patches stuck to the sides. The shimmer in it is too noticeable, the actual shimmer that you can see in the light were big specs, not tiny. I have used other powders with mica and it was not as noticeable as this product. It completely dulled my skin, and changed the color of my foundation. The consistency seemed chalky to me. And the price is ridiculous, $10 for a tiny container, while the NYC brand is way bigger and only $3? It made me question whether or not to try the NYC brand, in fear that it's similar to this product.

on 1/6/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is meant to be a dupe for Makeup Forever HD setting powder and it's and EXACT dupe. This really helps set makeup and increases the wear time. It also helps mattify and blur imperfections. You have to be careful with it though, because if you use too much, it can be drying and cling to dry patches.

This is the first loose powder I have used but I really like it compared to some of the pressed powders I've tried. Despite looking like a chalky white in the package it does go on transparent (but it is noticeable in flash photography). It leaves my skin looking smooth and controls oil for about five hours. My complaint is the packaging, it can get pretty messy as the holes dispense a lot of product at once. At $10 it's worth a try if you want a simple silica powder.