NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black
NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.1

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

I first bought this product intending to use it as an everyday all over setting powder. I quickly discovered that this powder was very mattifying and had a tendency to cake if used with a dense powder brush. It left me with dry looking patches and also gave my face a white cast. The packaging is quite awful - the holes in the sifter are huge so there is always way too much product in the top when you open it, and the powder itself is extremely fine and will fly everywhere when you try to use it. I tried this a few times then threw it in the back of my drawer... Where it sat until I rediscovered it this summer.

During the 40+ degree Celsius days this summer I was having trouble keeping my face matte so pulled this powder out to try again. It works very well as a mattifying overall setting powder if you use a small amount with a fluffy brush, it keeps my face matte for about 8 hours and gives a rather beautiful airbrushed finish. It does lighten my foundation a bit but a bit of bronzer or setting spray fixes that easily. I would not use it to set the undereye - its far too drying for that. You can also set your face with another powder (I like RCMA no colour powder or Rimmel stay matte) and use this in the T zones to help with oil control.

In conclusion this product is great for oil control but has terrible packaging and will leave a slight white cast. Its worth a try for oily girls but bear in mind it will probably flash back in pictures.

I would probably eventually repurchase this if I don't find another powder as mattifying as this one.

on 2/22/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My skin in nc50. This banana powder left me with a white ghost face. Not good for darker skin. Definitely not as good as Ben Nye banana powder

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

worst loose powder ever. tried it to bake the undereyes and it left the worst flashback & white patches ever. it IS very smooth but i had to dip my sponge several times because it wouldn't grip to it. and when i applied it with a brush to set everything else, the powder was just all over the place & so messy. definitely wouldn't recommend this 👎

on 10/18/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm almost done with my 2nd loose powder from NYX. This powder is absolutely silky and really works to set your foundation. I tried several products including Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder both of which are absolutely awesome. NYX to me a cheaper alternative and I definitely recommend it. I don't take selfies often but I have not noticed anything weird in my recent pictures (using NYX powder). I recommend it. Works great on drugstore foundations as well as luxury brands. Works great to set foundation before contouring with powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is in fact a wonderful product. I have extremely oily skin and enlarged pores and this powder works great after I use my Ester Lauder foundation. After I set my foundation with this powder I apply my translucent setting powder and that helps to erase the white cast. It absorbs excess oil for long periods and gives a soft finish Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing and cheaper dupe for MUFE's HD setting powder. The finish is very clean and matte, it stays on my face all day long. I haven't tried to take flash photography pictures with it yet, though, I heard that this powder looks awful with flash.

on 4/17/2014 10:06:00 PM

$9.99 USD. Thanks to Beautyforless for inspiring me to get this! The packaging is horrible, much like BB loose powder. I transferred mine to old NARS powder case with mesh sifter that I save for this kind of use. The product is Very matte and on me, I had absolutely no need to blot through a normal working day. Usually, I have to blot couple of times. On me this works better to finish liquid foundation than on bare skin, as I found it a tad drying on tzone skin. Personally, I see slight white cast right after putting it on, but it blends and disappears after absorbing oils on the skin. A normal powder brush works better than kabuki, and I think synthetic worked better than natural bristle but that could just be personal preference. Also, The texture could be finer, but for the price point it's worth every dollar and more. The silica didn't break out my skin yet but I'll still keep watching as I never know how my skin reacts to new products.