NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.6

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 10/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Good product. Great price. Don’t go wasting your money on some expensive powder. This one does the job.

on 8/25/2017 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have quite oily skin, and I do really like this powder. You don't need a lot of it to set your face. Wouldn't recommend if you have normal or dry skin. The flashback though... do not use if you plan to take flash photographs. I use this for long work days when I can forget to touch up, and if gets me through. The packaging could be improved, be careful using it, as it can get messy, but for a cheap product I can't complain.

This is probably the worst powder i have ever tried... it dried up my skin so badly and it didn't even set my concealer right..
Other than that it had major flashback... no matter how i used it, it would always flash back..
I have used it several times because i really wanted it to work, but my skin got really dry after i used this product and every time i took a photo i had a major white cast...

So maybe it works well for people with oily skin, just make sure to not take photos with flash on..

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this powder is aweful. DO NOT use it if you plan on taking pictures with flash on. it leaves terrible flashback on your face!!

on 1/13/2017 6:15:00 AM

Awful product. States it will 'absorb oil' but absorbs so much of my concealer and leaves me with awful white patches where it has been applied. Feels so dry and cakey. Do not recommend.

on 1/11/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is awful! I had been using a talc based powder so I thought silica might be a good change. Sold out in my closest store, so drove further away to buy it. Next day, packed it on, did a little bake, brushed it away and carried on with my usual routine. Ready to leave and my partner stares at me and says "ahhh have you not finished your makeup?" .... and I'm like "excuse me mate? what is wrong with my face!?" so he takes a photo and shows me and it was the WORST flashback! Not only flashback through the camera but I had these fugly white patches that you could only see in certain light. So the only time I used this powder again was to set my white halloween makeup.

on 12/16/2016 11:46:00 PM

Was not impressed. And it was a huge mess. Going back to Laura Mercier

Terrible. Only way you can describe it. Of course this type of powder with silica in it is worst for pictures - with flashlight especially, but this one is terrible even without any pictures. It leaves skin dry (my is kinda oily, combination type so it NEVER has happened to me) and makes you want to wash it as soon as possible as you put it on your face. Even without a flashlight it leaves white stains. It costed me 10$, but I wouldn't pay even 1 cent for it. Complete disaster

I absolutely adore this setting powder. It's my HG. This silica powder is the perfect consistency and has the power to transform the wear of BB creams and foundations that I need more wear and matteness out of. It's versatile, excellent texture, my sensitive, acne-prone skin is totally non-reactive to it and I just love how it feels and looks. A+!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this finishing powder! I use a little under my eyes to cover concealer and a little on my nose and around it to prevent shine. It lasts all day! I have dry/combination skin and the only place I have shine is on my nose but this prevents it.