NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.8

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 8/25/2017 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have quite oily skin, and I do really like this powder. You don't need a lot of it to set your face. Wouldn't recommend if you have normal or dry skin. The flashback though... do not use if you plan to take flash photographs. I use this for long work days when I can forget to touch up, and if gets me through. The packaging could be improved, be careful using it, as it can get messy, but for a cheap product I can't complain.

No, just no if you have combination skin. This really cakes up in drier areas of my face and really makes my foundation look cakey. No thanks. I'll stick with the pricier Tarte Smooth Operator finishing powder. If you have oily skin, this would work extraordinarily well.

on 3/15/2017 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for 3 years now, not everyday but this is one of my staple ones.This has worked for me. I have very, very oily skin.

In my opinion, this powder has very specific, practical and simple job. First of all I am not into baking etc. I kinda hate that trend. I use this alone or on top of my foundation. I use a big, fluffy brush, not the dense and compact brush cos you will end up with white patches all over. Very little amount is needed per use that's why I'm surprised by the many negative reviews. It works well in providing your whole face with a very light shield that I think prevents the oil from going overboard.

This works best on my oily skin as every time I use this, after a few hours, my face just looks dewy. I think the brush you use is the key. For me, it's the big, very loose and soft face brush. I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/11/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is awful! I had been using a talc based powder so I thought silica might be a good change. Sold out in my closest store, so drove further away to buy it. Next day, packed it on, did a little bake, brushed it away and carried on with my usual routine. Ready to leave and my partner stares at me and says "ahhh have you not finished your makeup?" .... and I'm like "excuse me mate? what is wrong with my face!?" so he takes a photo and shows me and it was the WORST flashback! Not only flashback through the camera but I had these fugly white patches that you could only see in certain light. So the only time I used this powder again was to set my white halloween makeup.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

it is ok for powdering your overall face, but it has a super cakey and drying effect when trying to set under-eye concealer or baking.

it is also not matte but contains tiny glitter particles, which is super annoying.

on 10/21/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very good powder, no talc which I love, I put it on BEFORE my foundation. HG loose powder yall

I was looking for something to replace my used up Primed and Poreless loose powder from Too Faced because it was not in stock on the web-site. I like this much better. I used a kabuki brush to apply. If you use a puff, it is difficult to get the product to go on smoothly. ( It takes a bit of practice to use it with a puff.) Anyway, I felt like Too Faced's product just sat on the top of my skin while this seemed to work better to set my foundation. I wouldn't use it to absorb oil though. The container sucks! The holes are too large and it's easy to spill the product. I recommend using it while sitting down, keeping it right side up and carefully opening it, or just transfer it to a better container.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been searching for a setting powder that doesn't irritate or breakout my skin so I picked this up at Target for $10 because I wanted to go talc-free this time, and this one seemed to have favorable reviews on here.

I was skeptical though, because this stuff only has one ingredient: silica (they have apparently cut out the parabens). I really wish I had followed my instincts cause this stuff does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. Like literally, I see no difference whatsoever after i apply it. Even applying loads of it just leaves faint white smudges that rub in and disappear with no discernible effect. I can get the same finish by brushing a clean (makeup free) brush over my face.

Maybe my face is just too oily for this stuff to do anything to it? Or maybe i'm using it wrong? Is there some sort of secret to this stuff? If there is, it eludes me. I really want my $10 back...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm super pale so the translucent shade doesn't give me a white cast, my skin is already like that...but this packaging was a complete nightmare for me. I would consider myself a relatively competent person but at the first unscrew after removing the sticker over the holes it exploded all over me, my bathroom counter, and my clothing. It's extremely fine and I was coughing up a lung over it. It got into the corkscrew of the lid as well so I couldn't tighten it all the way back down, each time I washed and dried the lid and sides off (pain in the butt, by the way) it would somehow creep back so powder would leak out onto my counter and makeup bag anyway. I taped over a bunch of the holes but it still POURS out. I'm not using that term lightly. I would repurchase only to leave the sticker over the holes from the beginning and maybe cut the sticker over one or two holes. And if that didn't work, I would probably smash something because this powder has inconvenienced me one too many times.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Um, no. I guess I didn't read the reviews correctly? I don't like a completely matte finish, and that's what this gave me. But not the smooth, perfect matte finish - my skin looked horribly dry and splotchy after I applied. I wouldn't buy this again, and can't really think of a reason to apply it.