NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 2/22/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My skin in nc50. This banana powder left me with a white ghost face. Not good for darker skin. Definitely not as good as Ben Nye banana powder

on 1/11/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is awful! I had been using a talc based powder so I thought silica might be a good change. Sold out in my closest store, so drove further away to buy it. Next day, packed it on, did a little bake, brushed it away and carried on with my usual routine. Ready to leave and my partner stares at me and says "ahhh have you not finished your makeup?" .... and I'm like "excuse me mate? what is wrong with my face!?" so he takes a photo and shows me and it was the WORST flashback! Not only flashback through the camera but I had these fugly white patches that you could only see in certain light. So the only time I used this powder again was to set my white halloween makeup.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm super pale so the translucent shade doesn't give me a white cast, my skin is already like that...but this packaging was a complete nightmare for me. I would consider myself a relatively competent person but at the first unscrew after removing the sticker over the holes it exploded all over me, my bathroom counter, and my clothing. It's extremely fine and I was coughing up a lung over it. It got into the corkscrew of the lid as well so I couldn't tighten it all the way back down, each time I washed and dried the lid and sides off (pain in the butt, by the way) it would somehow creep back so powder would leak out onto my counter and makeup bag anyway. I taped over a bunch of the holes but it still POURS out. I'm not using that term lightly. I would repurchase only to leave the sticker over the holes from the beginning and maybe cut the sticker over one or two holes. And if that didn't work, I would probably smash something because this powder has inconvenienced me one too many times.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is in fact a wonderful product. I have extremely oily skin and enlarged pores and this powder works great after I use my Ester Lauder foundation. After I set my foundation with this powder I apply my translucent setting powder and that helps to erase the white cast. It absorbs excess oil for long periods and gives a soft finish Will definitely repurchase!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Holy grail, after using a dozen different types of powders from various brands I found it. I picked this one up in a hurry without great expectations, but it does everything I want from a setting powder and more. Invisible, completely matt and unsticky face, sets make up perfectly, even your lipstick if u like it to. Flawless and matte for hours, I will buy it as long as they make it.

Shade ref: I got it in transparent as I'm quite pale (nc15-20) and I'm happy to say it doesn't show up in my pores like most transparent powders do.

Eyes: Violet

I bought this product based on the great reviews. The great thing about this pure silica powder is the price. You get a whole jar for only $10. The bad is that it causes so much itching at the end of the day, I cannot wear it. It is extremely drying accentuating all the flakiness and fine lines. The white cast is hideous. It's not even a healthy white color. It's a death whitish grey color you find at the funeral homes. I simply do not understand all the great reviews. I might consider using this a s a halloween makeup if it didn't cause too much itch on my skin.

UPDATE: My face is now ruined because of some severe reaction to this product. It is totally red and inflamed. Proceed with caution if you have sensitive skin and test on small area of the body first before applying all over the face. I haven't used any new product or eaten anything different. I have to get some prescription hydrocortisone to ease the inflammation from this product.

on 5/8/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Itchy..caused clogged pores
wish it worked out :(

on 2/24/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been curious about HD/silica powder for a while but couldn't justify shelling out of MUFE. Saw this at Walgreens on a makeup run and decided to give it a try as the loose powder I have been using for 15 years was discontinued. I paid like $10 for the jar which is certainly cheaper than MUFE, but more per an ounce than my old powder.

Having dry skin I generally stay away from anything with a matte finish but I have to say I am really liking this. It wears a lot better than my old powder (L'oreal Translucide), and is very, very finely milled. I've always been a loose powder kind of girl, but I have only used two others my entire life so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Yes this has a bit of a matte finish, but its not harsh or chalky looking.

on 2/12/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fabulous finishing powder that is less than a third of the price of a high end HD powder I formerly used. It appears to be exactly the same product as my former fave I purchased at Sephora. $10 vs. $30+? I will take it! Finishes and sets makeup beautifully. I use the white one (translucent) but have no issues with a white cast; it actually give a matte, lovely glow . Ladies give it a whirl - I don't think you will be disappointed.

on 12/10/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been looking for a good finishing powder for quite some time when I saw this at my local Target for only $10. I looked at the ingredients, 100% silica, same as many much more expensive powders like Make Up Forever. I decided to give it a try, and I am quite glad I did. It does buff into my skin very well, and gives me a nice even matte finish. It also does seem to control shine for a pretty long time. The powder performs on par with it's more expensive counterparts. Unfortunately, there are some things I don't like about this powder, it does tend to cling to dry skin. Even patches of dry skin that I didn't even know were there. And the packaging is just horrible. The sifter has giant holes, and many of them. This powder is so finely milled that it just flies everywhere when opened unless I am very careful with it. Due to the packaging I don't think I could ever travel with this stuff. However, the pros definitely outweigh the cons and I think I will repurchase when I run out.