NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 9/16/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used to use the HD powder from IT Cosmetics. Until I read the ingredients: 100% silica. IT was $26, this stuff is around $10. Same stuff, does the same thing at the much more expensive version. It's very, very finely milled, so it does disappear on my face. I use it UNDER my foundation--as part of my primer step, and then very lightly over foundation. Keeps my makeup locked in place, and keeps it from degrading during the day. I don't use it for photo ops, because like most real people, I don't get many of those. I just use it to keep my makeup from sliding off my very oily face. And for that, it's A WINNER.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this and the ELF hd powder, They are the best setting powders I have found for my oily skin. It is really translucent and only leaves the slightest bit of a light cast if I put too much or do not blend enough but it does go away quickly and blends with the skin as it sets.
I like them both ok but think ELF lasts longer on my skin. These are the only ones I will use on my oily skin as nothing else has worked even when compared to high end brands

Update I will stick for Elf as far as this type of powder goes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Holy cow! This powder is life changing! It sets even my creamiest foundations and keeps me shine free and natural looking all day! No white cast, just a perfectly set face that lasts hours! My T zone is oily so when I first tried this and looked in the mirror hours later, I was amazed! For ten bucks, I will continue to repurchase! I love this powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FOR THE PRICE OF SETTING POWDERS ITS AWESOME. YES I LOV IT ITS VERY SHEER AND LIGHT SO BE CAREFULL OPENING IT. ITS GREAT SETTING POWDER, NO BREAKOUTS, NO SMELL.

on 7/7/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am oilier than Kuwait after the Persian Gulf War. My desperate and unrelenting search for an oil controlling finishing powder had, I thought, ended with Tarte Smooth Operator. Even at $28 I found its ability to control oil worth the price and have since dropped well over $100 on that.

NYX offers an awesome dupe in this powder. I find it controls oil just as well. The packaging is awful, but at just $10, it's totally worth it.