NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

4.4

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 8/25/2017 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have quite oily skin, and I do really like this powder. You don't need a lot of it to set your face. Wouldn't recommend if you have normal or dry skin. The flashback though... do not use if you plan to take flash photographs. I use this for long work days when I can forget to touch up, and if gets me through. The packaging could be improved, be careful using it, as it can get messy, but for a cheap product I can't complain.

on 3/15/2017 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for 3 years now, not everyday but this is one of my staple ones.This has worked for me. I have very, very oily skin.

In my opinion, this powder has very specific, practical and simple job. First of all I am not into baking etc. I kinda hate that trend. I use this alone or on top of my foundation. I use a big, fluffy brush, not the dense and compact brush cos you will end up with white patches all over. Very little amount is needed per use that's why I'm surprised by the many negative reviews. It works well in providing your whole face with a very light shield that I think prevents the oil from going overboard.

This works best on my oily skin as every time I use this, after a few hours, my face just looks dewy. I think the brush you use is the key. For me, it's the big, very loose and soft face brush. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin (combo in the summer) , and this powder is great for setting everything (as meant to be used for), honestly wish i wouldve found this sooner. Its very very finely milled and easy to blend out. Its the only powder that actually keeps my t-zone shine completely away for longer than 4 hours (with a primer of course) . I warn you though, if you tend to take lots of photos with flash ,either avoid this product or apply only a very light amount . I only wish, for a drugstore item,they gave a little more product ,since its like 9.99 for a small container, but its not a big issue. If you have oily/combo skin type i recommend this! its a good alternative to the high end $35+ HD powders

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely terrible. *Just turn the flash on the camera and you'll see why*

Even putting this on I have to hold my breath because it's SO lightweight it goes everywhere, so keep your mouth closed. I tried this instead of my Sacha buttercup but never again. I'm trying Laura Mercier next time. Take a picture with the flash on and there's white spots everywhere, even after I brushed a little harder to get them off (which takes away from the makeup), it's still there. Absolutely would not recommend for anyone, but especially us mocha girls.

on 8/4/2015 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't own a lot of makeup, but this is definitely one of my favourites for setting my foundation. It's so finely milled and applies very nicely. Also, if you're concerned about it leaving a white cast on your face...I haven't ever run into that problem before (& my complexion is on the darker side) I got it on sale for around $10 in Canada at London Drugs, and I would definitely repurchase. I have oily skin, and the powders that I was using before didn't help to keep my face as matte as this one. NYX slayed it with this product and I would highly recommend it to anyone out there looking for a new powder!

on 5/10/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my HG setting powder. It's an exact dupe for all of the HE HD setting powders.. At half the cost. I love this stuff and will only use this because it sets my makeup so well and gives it a very dry and matte feeling. As the day goes on, my skin gets a little bit oily but not so much that it's greasy, but enough to look a little glowy if that makes sense. I just hate the packaging. When I first got this and travelled with it, white powder went everywhere. But to prevent this, I now put regular scotch tape over all the holes but 2 or 3. That way I can get a good amount of powder without having excess spill out :)

on 4/14/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING! It's better than the MUFE one in my opinion.
I feel this one feels more silky and the price makes this a steal.
I've seen some reviews about how it's an HD powder and how it's horrible for photos, well most people use this incorrectly, it's a FINISHING powder. Not a blotting powder, not a powder foundation etc. (I'll get into that later)

This powder is so silky and makes my face baby soft!
I'm oily and I use powders a lot and I usually have a powdery feeling but with this it just adds a layer over my regular setting powder that feels so smooth and soft.
I'm semi matte with this which is great(it gives this slight natural glow), my makeup is flawless but my face doesn't look powdery or dull

if you use this as a setting powder you WILL get major flashback and it could make you look ghostly in person.
Turn it upside down, tap it. Turn it right side up and tap it again. Only get what's on the lid.
Using a black buffing brush, you shouldn't see or smell the powder and just pat it on or buff it on after everything and it gives that soft focus, nice smooth skin look, helps smooth out any cakiness and no flashback of ghostly look
It's meant to be used as the very last step to smooth everything out and it really makes the skin look AMAZING.
EVEN in flash photography.

on 1/28/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because to set my under eye area by using a fan brush to delicately apply it. A little goes a long way for this product so be careful. The price is decent for what you're paying for compared to MuFE's, but the packaging is definitely not travel friendly. The cap is the only thing that's preventing the entire thing from spilling out and even so the packaging is mediocre so don't carry this with you unless you don't mind a cloud of white powder exploding from your makeup bag. If you don't let the product move around much and use less product, it's actually worth the money and I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is very finely milled, giving a flawless finish once dusted onto skin after applying makeup. Keeps oily skin matte, a perfect finishing powder.
It does get eveywhere though. I think it might be unavoidable with finely milled powders like this. I use ELF finishing HD powder as well and this lasts longer and looks better but is more expensive for a little less product.
I really love this powder. It really makes your face look flawless and your makeup last much longer.

on 11/8/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first transluscent setting powder I tried. I got this sort of on a whim when the clinique powder I purchased turned out to be too dark to set most of my foundations with. I'm so happy that I decided to purchase this. It mattifies the face totally and makes my skin feel really smooth. It does a pretty decent job at controlling the oil on my face (I am really oily and the product does not seem to be marketed as an oil-control powder) and gives my face a really smooth look. It's a great powder and I use it to set my face every day no matter what face product I'm using.