NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.8

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

seems to set the makeup just fine but i just cant get past the little chunks of shimmer in it. no desire to look like a disco ball. the search continues....

Feels nice on the face, easy to apply but gives a horrible flashback. Never bake with it.

on 1/19/2018 11:22:00 AM

Leaves a white filter on your face & FLASHBACK!

on 12/20/2017 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I want to love this product. When applied the powder to my foundation as the last step, it really helps smooth out my skin. However, during application with a big dome brush, the powder falls off everywhere: my table, my shirt, the floor,... Also, the powder evaporate and i inhale it (because I applied it on to my face) and that is not pleasant at all.

on 10/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Good product. Great price. Don’t go wasting your money on some expensive powder. This one does the job.

on 10/18/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've used this for about 4 months, hated it as time went on, now I can't stand using it. It is a very powdery messy formula like flour. I was expecting finely milled but okay, AT FIRST my makeup looks nice so that's fine? Wrong! I have combination skin (oily tzone dry cheeks). Within the 30mins between doing my makeup and leaving the house I look in the mirror and see little patches of shine already gathering in specific areas. At this point it looks okay, slightly too dewy in the wrong places, but okay, so I add more of this flour in just those areas. Two hours later and the foundation has already started to give me new wrinkles. It has faded, moved, migrated, transferred everywhere. Ive used this foundation (Nars - luminous weightless foundation) for years now and it works so great normally, but no matter what I do, how many times I touch up, this powder just seems to *break everything down*. The two products don't work together at all, nor does this powder seem to work with my concealers. It causes my foundation/concealer/anything to crease and wrinkle because it's just slipping and sliding around every crevice on my skin. My makeup literally congeals, there will be shiny blobs of makeup in patches on my forehead. The frustrating thing is, I barely put on any foundation there! But I do powder my TZone a lot, and that is exactly where the pooling hits me worst, these are honestly the places I need least coverage, my cheeks however are scarred and freckled with a lot of redness. And because I have dry skin here I use less powder yet the makeup seems to look less ugly here, but patchy nonetheless. To top off this greasy mess, it has also oxidised, so I'm now looking like I've aged, tanned and melted at work. I don't know why this didn't work for me, as it's worked for many others, but I really gave it a long trial and finally give up on it. I tried to save a few bucks, but I'm going back to the MAC prep+prime finishing powder, which is so much finer, and silky, and actually has true holding power for me without changing the colour of my skin. Thumbs down Nyx.

on 8/7/2017 9:56:00 PM

What a great product! I've used powder foundations and other cheap setting powders in the hopes of controlling my oily T-zone, but they never seem to make it to the end of the day without getting shiny on me. This finishing powder really lasts, even when I start to sweat.

I you're planning on getting a powder to bake your face with, in a proper Instagram fashion, definitely don't buy this!
If you're looking to achieve a blurred-out-pore effect on your selfies using this powder, you're better off with an app. You will, nonetheless, achieve a blurred-out-pore effect in real life. <3

This powder is MAGNIFICENT at setting a light layer of foundation in, to even out and mattify for a natural looking finish. I use Dior's Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in Ivory, and haven't changed brands for years. After a few Summers I realized that, as much as I hate heavy makeup, a finishing powder was due for me. I like YSL's Poudre Compact Radiance for the colder months, but in Summer it can all get a bit too much, and breaking a sweat under all that is not a very good beauty scenario. Can you imagine wearing 2 layers of makeup to the beach? Yuck (But one layer along with a dash of this finishing powder, thats' a perfect marriage to give your natural beauty an extra kick that last and beats shine caused by oil production.)

I have found this is better applied with a big loose brush, and a little goes a long way. I ensure there are no residues with the feel of my hands, then I'm good to do. Remember, this is best used as the very last step in your makeup routine, unless you're up for a special night out and you'll sprinkle a bit of glitter on it all, then go dancing.

Sometimes I do forget, and I have to apply my blush on top of this powder (Mornings, hehe) but I definitely get a more even, controllable and blendable application under it. Once again this is a FINISHING powder.

There are endless high end brands that carry finishing powders like YSL (Compact) Laura Mercier (Loose), but at the end of the day I personally prefer to invest my money on the things that are closer to my skin, like moisturizer and foundation. It works great on top of all the goodness underneath when used properly, so I'd say: Great value for money :)

I LOVE this powder! I have oily skin and often go through very long days where I have few opportunities to blot or touch up my foundation. I've tried several mattifying primers and foundations in hopes of staying matte all day, but without this powder I am nothing. I put it on right after my foundation and concealer and it completely seals in anything that, originally, might slide around. On good days, it lasts all day, and on bad days, it lasts for at least seven hours. I usually apply it with a brush, but it works very well when applied with a beauty blender, too, and makes my skin very smooth and soft. That being said, it definitely takes some getting used to when applying, and I can definitely see it being a problem for dryer skin.

No, just no if you have combination skin. This really cakes up in drier areas of my face and really makes my foundation look cakey. No thanks. I'll stick with the pricier Tarte Smooth Operator finishing powder. If you have oily skin, this would work extraordinarily well.