NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

on 8/26/2017 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this powder!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

it is ok for powdering your overall face, but it has a super cakey and drying effect when trying to set under-eye concealer or baking.

it is also not matte but contains tiny glitter particles, which is super annoying.

on 5/1/2016 11:59:00 PM

It feels chalky and it's HORRIBLE WITH FLASH!!! You blend and blend but you can see where you added the powder as a PURE WHITE FLASHBACKS. It's horrible 10/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND

The NYC setting powder came highly recommended. But I got the NYX on accident. Why would two different company's have such similar names and products?! I was extremely disappointed with this product. It went on patchy, it gave my face an extreme white cast, it looked like I slapped baby powder on my face. The sides of my nose had very noticeable white patches stuck to the sides. The shimmer in it is too noticeable, the actual shimmer that you can see in the light were big specs, not tiny. I have used other powders with mica and it was not as noticeable as this product. It completely dulled my skin, and changed the color of my foundation. The consistency seemed chalky to me. And the price is ridiculous, $10 for a tiny container, while the NYC brand is way bigger and only $3? It made me question whether or not to try the NYC brand, in fear that it's similar to this product.

on 2/8/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this a shot before purchasing another NARS powder, because that stuff is so expensive. I'm so glad I did! Im pretty heavy handed when I apply powders, because I subscribe to the fallacious idea that "more is better!" So I was pleasantly surprised to discover you need hardly ANY in order to set your whole face with this. This is so finely milled, and not at all heavy. You can set everything without looking cakey whatsoever. I just tap my powder brush, after sweeping a tiny bit in the pan and cover everything in seconds. Amazing, love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This like other reviewers have said is a dupe for MUFE's HD powder, much like the Coastal Scents silica spheres. Good amount of product for the price. It will keep your skin matte, with minimal touch-ups. I have oily skin and this really helps keep my makeup in place. The only thing to be mindful of is it *can* leave a slight white cast. At least on me, anyway- but I tend to apply with a heavy hand. I just make sure to really buff and blend in place. The packaging is a classic sifter and can get messy, but that's par for the course with these types of powders.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing. Stops oil and creases. My skin always feels really soft and smooth like porcelain when I use. Just be careful not to use too much and REALLY get the loose bits off with your brush

on 2/15/2014 1:21:00 PM

Don't let the white color turn you off, this product is AMAZING. It mattifies just the right amount and gives your face a very airbrushed look. Very finely milled and looks and feels like a product that should've cost $30+. My only complaint is that the packaging, while very chic, can be annoying. The holes in the sifter are way too large for such a finely milled product, so you either end up with way too much or way too little, and when you try to tap it back down it creates a cloud of powder. The product itself however, is fantastic and a staple for anyone's makeup routine.

I saw this at Ulta and the first thing that caught my eye was the sleek packaging. It is packaged in a black, professional-looking container. I apply my makeup in the morning around 6 and I go through a long day at school including physical education and somehow I do not need to blot throughout the day. This powder definitely keeps me matte and I love it!
This is the first product I ever try from NYX, but after using this powder I will definitely look into trying out more stuff from this brand.