NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.2

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 11/15/2017 4:59:00 PM

I needed a new loose powder, and wanted to try the nyx loose powder, because I like nyx. When I’ve tried it on my face, it was drying and the powder was all up in the air, I’ve inhaled a lot. The worst of all is that it has MAJOR flashback, and I’m very pale so for deeper skin tones I think it’s only worse. This is not what a setting powder should be. I suggest you could better use your money for other setting powders.

This is probably the worst powder i have ever tried... it dried up my skin so badly and it didn't even set my concealer right..
Other than that it had major flashback... no matter how i used it, it would always flash back..
I have used it several times because i really wanted it to work, but my skin got really dry after i used this product and every time i took a photo i had a major white cast...

So maybe it works well for people with oily skin, just make sure to not take photos with flash on..

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely hated this powder for not only baking but as a all over loose powder. Ok so the main reason I do not suggest getting this is because when you apply this it changes the color of your foundation darker even though it looks transparent. So if you're planning on using this to set under the eyes it won't lighten it up it will do the opposite. Every time I applied it onto my foundation it suddenly got a shade darker and also orangey looking too. Basically if you're looking to get something to bake and do that lightening up where you apply like I was this is not your shtick. Neither is the mineral one set it don't fret it powder nyx makes that one did the same thing. The only thing I noticed cool about the HD powder is it does kinda blur the area from far away when looking but up close you see it all in the lines built up. BTW This is soo not good for dry skin. It made me get the worst dry patches and it took forever to get rid of them. All in all I had a terrible experience and I definitely don't recommend anyone wasting time/money trying it.

on 4/8/2017 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I liked this product when I first put it on but as the day goes on it gets dry. It feels very drying on the skin, kind of ashy. Doesn't leave any colour but I feel like it pales your skin just the tiniest bit which I don't like. I would perhaps buy it again if the weather gets really hot but not otherwise. My skin is sensitive to drying products though, so if your skin is only a little dry or you have a really oily t-zone then I think it's really good and super cheap!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am somewhat pale (NW15) and combination-dry; this loose, 100% silica powder looks both dry and chalky on me even when applied super-sparingly with a stippling brush. I am hesitant to suggest it as a solo finishing powder unless you are into a matte look, very pale, and have an oilier skin type. I feel like that is a lot of parameters, so I am giving this one a kind of sorry 3/5 rating.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this powder! I have had a hard time setting my under-eye concealer for a long time and this product has solved my problems! I have been previously finding that my concealer has been gunking up around my tearducts and wearing away throughout the day. Now that I use this powder every day to bake my under-eyes, my concealer stays looking flawless and in place all day! The only downside to this is that I have been noticing that it is a tad bit glittery in certain lighting which I'm not such a fan of. The packaging is standard and can get quite messy but the price makes up for that. It does have a slight sent to it so just be aware of that but otherwise an incredible product!

on 5/5/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Maybe they had a formula change? This powder is horrible. Idk what else to say it's just bad, it doesn't blend it's a very heavy white that just sits on your face, the consistency of literal baking soda.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this finishing powder! I use a little under my eyes to cover concealer and a little on my nose and around it to prevent shine. It lasts all day! I have dry/combination skin and the only place I have shine is on my nose but this prevents it.

This powder didn't work with my dry skin :(

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. I think it does what it is supposed to do. However, I have dry skin and this did not help it at all. It made my skin a little flaky, and the patches of dry skin were visible. Also, my largest complaint is photography. If you are going somewhere and expect to take pictures, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. Flash photography brings out the white in this product. When I wore this product under flash photography, my face was glowing. Not in the positive way. I looked like a ghost, my face was completely powder-white. It ruined all of my photos.

Overall I do like this product because it does make your skin matte and not oily and is transparent (unless you are being photographed with flash photography). I recommend it for people who have oily skin and do not take pictures often.