NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

4.1

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 11/15/2017 4:59:00 PM

I needed a new loose powder, and wanted to try the nyx loose powder, because I like nyx. When I’ve tried it on my face, it was drying and the powder was all up in the air, I’ve inhaled a lot. The worst of all is that it has MAJOR flashback, and I’m very pale so for deeper skin tones I think it’s only worse. This is not what a setting powder should be. I suggest you could better use your money for other setting powders.

on 10/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Good product. Great price. Don’t go wasting your money on some expensive powder. This one does the job.

on 8/26/2017 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this powder!!

on 8/25/2017 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have quite oily skin, and I do really like this powder. You don't need a lot of it to set your face. Wouldn't recommend if you have normal or dry skin. The flashback though... do not use if you plan to take flash photographs. I use this for long work days when I can forget to touch up, and if gets me through. The packaging could be improved, be careful using it, as it can get messy, but for a cheap product I can't complain.

on 8/7/2017 9:56:00 PM

What a great product! I've used powder foundations and other cheap setting powders in the hopes of controlling my oily T-zone, but they never seem to make it to the end of the day without getting shiny on me. This finishing powder really lasts, even when I start to sweat.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin (combo in the summer) , and this powder is great for setting everything (as meant to be used for), honestly wish i wouldve found this sooner. Its very very finely milled and easy to blend out. Its the only powder that actually keeps my t-zone shine completely away for longer than 4 hours (with a primer of course) . I warn you though, if you tend to take lots of photos with flash ,either avoid this product or apply only a very light amount . I only wish, for a drugstore item,they gave a little more product ,since its like 9.99 for a small container, but its not a big issue. If you have oily/combo skin type i recommend this! its a good alternative to the high end $35+ HD powders

on 1/11/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is awful! I had been using a talc based powder so I thought silica might be a good change. Sold out in my closest store, so drove further away to buy it. Next day, packed it on, did a little bake, brushed it away and carried on with my usual routine. Ready to leave and my partner stares at me and says "ahhh have you not finished your makeup?" .... and I'm like "excuse me mate? what is wrong with my face!?" so he takes a photo and shows me and it was the WORST flashback! Not only flashback through the camera but I had these fugly white patches that you could only see in certain light. So the only time I used this powder again was to set my white halloween makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am somewhat pale (NW15) and combination-dry; this loose, 100% silica powder looks both dry and chalky on me even when applied super-sparingly with a stippling brush. I am hesitant to suggest it as a solo finishing powder unless you are into a matte look, very pale, and have an oilier skin type. I feel like that is a lot of parameters, so I am giving this one a kind of sorry 3/5 rating.

This powder makes my skin feel sooo silky and look almost airbrushed, however, it explodes into a cloud of dust every time I use it!! I use a sponge and it still gets all over the place, I can't imagine trying to use a brush with it! It also makes my face look lighter despite being "translucent", so I can see where other reviewers are coming from with the flash photography making them look super white. The pros outweigh the cons for me though!

I was so pleasantly surprised by this powder! I have had a hard time setting my under-eye concealer for a long time and this product has solved my problems! I have been previously finding that my concealer has been gunking up around my tearducts and wearing away throughout the day. Now that I use this powder every day to bake my under-eyes, my concealer stays looking flawless and in place all day! The only downside to this is that I have been noticing that it is a tad bit glittery in certain lighting which I'm not such a fan of. The packaging is standard and can get quite messy but the price makes up for that. It does have a slight sent to it so just be aware of that but otherwise an incredible product!