NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

4.1

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The powder has a little bit of a smell, not much though. It’s only bad if you accidentally inhale a large amount through your nose.
The powder has some flashback, and if you turn your face a certain way, it becomes flashback Mary. If you use it in light dustings it’s not too bad, but there’s still that “flashback”.

It also sticks. Like I’ll be brushing away the powder after a baking and there will be this patch that won’t go away. Saying that...

DONT use it as setting powder, ie baking your undereyes. You will end up looking like a polar bear. Though, saying that, it’s not a setting powder, it’s a finishing powder and is not meant for setting makeup. But you know, if you don’t have your setting powder, you gotta use the next best thing.

Other than that. The powder is extremely silky and soft. When I first got it, I put some on my hand as a swatch test, and I was mesmerized. So smooth.
It is also very matte, for those oily skin users.

In addition, I’ll use the powder under my makeup (over liquids) to blur redness and acne, because it does a great job at that.

on 11/30/2017 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you have dry skin, run, this will emphasize your dry patches. This looked awful on my skin, and is not "HD" as I could see it with my naked eye. I learned long ago to only apply a light dusting of powder, and even a small amount of this just looked terrible. Made my skin look ashy and lifeless.

on 11/15/2017 4:59:00 PM

I needed a new loose powder, and wanted to try the nyx loose powder, because I like nyx. When I’ve tried it on my face, it was drying and the powder was all up in the air, I’ve inhaled a lot. The worst of all is that it has MAJOR flashback, and I’m very pale so for deeper skin tones I think it’s only worse. This is not what a setting powder should be. I suggest you could better use your money for other setting powders.

on 10/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Good product. Great price. Don’t go wasting your money on some expensive powder. This one does the job.

on 8/26/2017 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this powder!!

on 8/25/2017 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have quite oily skin, and I do really like this powder. You don't need a lot of it to set your face. Wouldn't recommend if you have normal or dry skin. The flashback though... do not use if you plan to take flash photographs. I use this for long work days when I can forget to touch up, and if gets me through. The packaging could be improved, be careful using it, as it can get messy, but for a cheap product I can't complain.

on 8/7/2017 9:56:00 PM

What a great product! I've used powder foundations and other cheap setting powders in the hopes of controlling my oily T-zone, but they never seem to make it to the end of the day without getting shiny on me. This finishing powder really lasts, even when I start to sweat.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin (combo in the summer) , and this powder is great for setting everything (as meant to be used for), honestly wish i wouldve found this sooner. Its very very finely milled and easy to blend out. Its the only powder that actually keeps my t-zone shine completely away for longer than 4 hours (with a primer of course) . I warn you though, if you tend to take lots of photos with flash ,either avoid this product or apply only a very light amount . I only wish, for a drugstore item,they gave a little more product ,since its like 9.99 for a small container, but its not a big issue. If you have oily/combo skin type i recommend this! its a good alternative to the high end $35+ HD powders

on 1/11/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is awful! I had been using a talc based powder so I thought silica might be a good change. Sold out in my closest store, so drove further away to buy it. Next day, packed it on, did a little bake, brushed it away and carried on with my usual routine. Ready to leave and my partner stares at me and says "ahhh have you not finished your makeup?" .... and I'm like "excuse me mate? what is wrong with my face!?" so he takes a photo and shows me and it was the WORST flashback! Not only flashback through the camera but I had these fugly white patches that you could only see in certain light. So the only time I used this powder again was to set my white halloween makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am somewhat pale (NW15) and combination-dry; this loose, 100% silica powder looks both dry and chalky on me even when applied super-sparingly with a stippling brush. I am hesitant to suggest it as a solo finishing powder unless you are into a matte look, very pale, and have an oilier skin type. I feel like that is a lot of parameters, so I am giving this one a kind of sorry 3/5 rating.