NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.6

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

I repurchased this the second time ... my first jar literally lasted for 2 years (maybe more? Not sure how long this product has been around.) I think some people might not like it because they're using too much. I don't even swirl my kabuki brush into the container. Usually there's a fine dust of the powder in the cap and I swirl my brush in the remnants of that. If need more I take a smidgeon of it on my pinky (like a small dot of it) and put it in the cap and swirl my brush in it. It takes so, so little product to get the result you need. It literally takes the "dust" of the product on your brush to get the airbrushed effect. If you use more than that, things will start looking cakey and white.

I love how this gives an airbrushed look over just concealer on low key days or on top of foundation for more full coverage. It is $10 and I imagine I won't be needing to repurchase until another 2 years. Just be sure you hold your breath when you open the container bc the dust flies up everywhere. That is my only gripe.

on 11/30/2017 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you have dry skin, run, this will emphasize your dry patches. This looked awful on my skin, and is not "HD" as I could see it with my naked eye. I learned long ago to only apply a light dusting of powder, and even a small amount of this just looked terrible. Made my skin look ashy and lifeless.

on 8/26/2017 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this powder!!

on 2/22/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My skin in nc50. This banana powder left me with a white ghost face. Not good for darker skin. Definitely not as good as Ben Nye banana powder

I absolutely adore this setting powder. It's my HG. This silica powder is the perfect consistency and has the power to transform the wear of BB creams and foundations that I need more wear and matteness out of. It's versatile, excellent texture, my sensitive, acne-prone skin is totally non-reactive to it and I just love how it feels and looks. A+!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this finishing powder! I use a little under my eyes to cover concealer and a little on my nose and around it to prevent shine. It lasts all day! I have dry/combination skin and the only place I have shine is on my nose but this prevents it.

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. If you use it like a regular finishing powder, you’ll be sadly disappointed. It sets your makeup but it makes your face incredibly dry and matte looking. Not that velvet-smooth matte, but that “I smoke/drink to excess” look of dryness. However, used sparingly and in different spots, not all over, it is brilliant! I use it after doing my brows to set them—just use a small fluffy brush dipped and tapped, and gently swipe through brows. Sets them to last all day and softens harsh edges if you haven’t fully blended your brow pencil down. I also like it as a finishing touch around the inner corners of my eyes. I use a highlighter after undereye concealer, and after finishing all my makeup, I just use that same small fluffy brush to dab a bit of powder over the inner corners where I’ve highlighted. It makes the highlight last longer and also tones it down just a touch so you look like you’re bright and well-rested, not like you’ve spackled on highlighter in hopes of faking awakeness. I also dip/tap a blush brush in it and then swirl into my powder blush…it makes the blush go on smoother and last longer. Just remember to use another brush to blend the blush so it doesn’t look obvious and so the HD powder settles into your skin. Overall it’s a great product if you use it sparingly. This sifter jar will last me forever at this rate, so it’s a super good deal

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hate this powder! It's white and goes on like a ghost. It is completely unnatural, very very drying and flies all over the place because it is so fine. I would not recommend this horrible product. I threw it away before it was gone, which I never do!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Holy grail, after using a dozen different types of powders from various brands I found it. I picked this one up in a hurry without great expectations, but it does everything I want from a setting powder and more. Invisible, completely matt and unsticky face, sets make up perfectly, even your lipstick if u like it to. Flawless and matte for hours, I will buy it as long as they make it.

Shade ref: I got it in transparent as I'm quite pale (nc15-20) and I'm happy to say it doesn't show up in my pores like most transparent powders do.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I loved this until I went to my cousin's wedding and looked like I had used white-out under my eyes in flash photos! And I have very fair skin. IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WON't have your picture taken, this does a great job of keeping your concealer from settling into fine lines. I showed a picture of me w this on to the SA a sephora whilst searching for new powder and she was shocked! I read reviews prior to purchase and noticed a few people saying it caused a white cast in photos and I thought I'd be fine because I'm so pale, but I was mistaken. Also, this loose powder goes everywhere, it's MUCH worse than my loose mineral foundation. I hope this helps someone not make the same mistake I did.
**update**
I do still use this when I'm absolutely sure I won't have my picture taken as it's a little smoother than my everyday concealer setting powder, cornstarch. If I *barely* dip the brush in the powder and then tap it into the lid and swirl the brush around, I get less powder going all over the place.
I couldn't believe it when I was reading allure a few months back when they showed that picture of Angelina Jolie w/ "cocaine face" white powder blotches, and they actually recommended this powder as a way to avoid the problem!!!! Idiots.