NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 12/16/2016 11:46:00 PM

Was not impressed. And it was a huge mess. Going back to Laura Mercier

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This like other reviewers have said is a dupe for MUFE's HD powder, much like the Coastal Scents silica spheres. Good amount of product for the price. It will keep your skin matte, with minimal touch-ups. I have oily skin and this really helps keep my makeup in place. The only thing to be mindful of is it *can* leave a slight white cast. At least on me, anyway- but I tend to apply with a heavy hand. I just make sure to really buff and blend in place. The packaging is a classic sifter and can get messy, but that's par for the course with these types of powders.

Broke me out so badly it left pocks and pits. The finish was beautiful, just like MUFE's, but I couldn't use it.

on 6/11/2013 10:32:00 AM

The only other finishing powder I have owned is the Bare Escentuals one, and I find this comparable to that. It does give you a glowy and not shimmery look, really just finished your whole makeup looks an blends it all together to look seamless. Def will purchase this one again!

on 5/12/2013 12:05:00 PM

I've owned a couple high end finishing powders and none even come close to the NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder. It leaves your face completely matte and takes away all shine/oil. I find it also gives my face a lovely smooth look, like I've been airbrushed. I also found that unlike my high end finishing powders, the NYX last all day. I hardly ever have to re-apply it. The only downside is I wish it came in better packaging. Because it is so finely milled, it easy to spill it or use to much. To apply, I turn it upside down (making sure the lid is closed on tight first) and give it a small shake to allow the power to go onto the inside of the lid, then I turn it back over, tap the lid lightly and then open it. I use a Large Mac face brush, using only the powder still left on the inside of the lid to do my whole face. If you dip your brush in the powder itself you will most certainly get too much on your brush. You can't beat the price either!! Great product!!