NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX Professional Makeup HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.7

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 5/30/2018 9:29:00 AM

This is a FINISHING powder. Not a setting powder. Those saying not to bake with this are clueless. Finishing powders are not meant to bake with and set foundation. Finishing powders are meant to FINISHING your makeup. A light dusting at the very end. Use a SETTING powder to set with. Educate yourselves before leaving cap reviews.
When used properly there is no flashback. Nice silky texture.

on 4/25/2018 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I like this because its ONE ingredient and its work-with-able. I have many, many drugstore powders, and among the ones that don't break me out (which are few) this one is the least likely to clogy pores, which is why I use it to test foundations /concealers for comedogenicity.

This powder is translucent, slightly blurring, and matte on my NC 42 skin tone unless I apply a lot and don't sweep it away, in which case it does show up as a sheer, dry, white color. I don't bake with it, and I wouldn't suggest baking with it. It's easy to overdo. A LITTLE goes a long way. The packaging is great, comfortable, easy to open, and somehow, never a mess.

Concerning shimmer, it doesn't have any. The NYX MINERAL setting powder may have some, but not this one.

I have repurchased already and I would repurchase for foundation testing mostly (acne prone skin woes ).

Feels nice on the face, easy to apply but gives a horrible flashback. Never bake with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool

Love this product for setting concealer around T-zone. Can't see this working well for dry and/or sallow skin types. MUFE is more finely-milled and would be less drying, would also be better for flash photography/events. Great overall HD powder for oily skin. I use a different powder for the dry areas of my face, or if I'm wearing concealer under eyes.

No, just no if you have combination skin. This really cakes up in drier areas of my face and really makes my foundation look cakey. No thanks. I'll stick with the pricier Tarte Smooth Operator finishing powder. If you have oily skin, this would work extraordinarily well.

on 3/15/2017 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for 3 years now, not everyday but this is one of my staple ones.This has worked for me. I have very, very oily skin.

In my opinion, this powder has very specific, practical and simple job. First of all I am not into baking etc. I kinda hate that trend. I use this alone or on top of my foundation. I use a big, fluffy brush, not the dense and compact brush cos you will end up with white patches all over. Very little amount is needed per use that's why I'm surprised by the many negative reviews. It works well in providing your whole face with a very light shield that I think prevents the oil from going overboard.

This works best on my oily skin as every time I use this, after a few hours, my face just looks dewy. I think the brush you use is the key. For me, it's the big, very loose and soft face brush. I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/16/2016 11:46:00 PM

Was not impressed. And it was a huge mess. Going back to Laura Mercier

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am somewhat pale (NW15) and combination-dry; this loose, 100% silica powder looks both dry and chalky on me even when applied super-sparingly with a stippling brush. I am hesitant to suggest it as a solo finishing powder unless you are into a matte look, very pale, and have an oilier skin type. I feel like that is a lot of parameters, so I am giving this one a kind of sorry 3/5 rating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been searching for a setting powder that doesn't irritate or breakout my skin so I picked this up at Target for $10 because I wanted to go talc-free this time, and this one seemed to have favorable reviews on here.

I was skeptical though, because this stuff only has one ingredient: silica (they have apparently cut out the parabens). I really wish I had followed my instincts cause this stuff does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. Like literally, I see no difference whatsoever after i apply it. Even applying loads of it just leaves faint white smudges that rub in and disappear with no discernible effect. I can get the same finish by brushing a clean (makeup free) brush over my face.

Maybe my face is just too oily for this stuff to do anything to it? Or maybe i'm using it wrong? Is there some sort of secret to this stuff? If there is, it eludes me. I really want my $10 back...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is in fact a wonderful product. I have extremely oily skin and enlarged pores and this powder works great after I use my Ester Lauder foundation. After I set my foundation with this powder I apply my translucent setting powder and that helps to erase the white cast. It absorbs excess oil for long periods and gives a soft finish Will definitely repurchase!