NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.3

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 11/15/2017 4:59:00 PM

I needed a new loose powder, and wanted to try the nyx loose powder, because I like nyx. When I’ve tried it on my face, it was drying and the powder was all up in the air, I’ve inhaled a lot. The worst of all is that it has MAJOR flashback, and I’m very pale so for deeper skin tones I think it’s only worse. This is not what a setting powder should be. I suggest you could better use your money for other setting powders.

This is probably the worst powder i have ever tried... it dried up my skin so badly and it didn't even set my concealer right..
Other than that it had major flashback... no matter how i used it, it would always flash back..
I have used it several times because i really wanted it to work, but my skin got really dry after i used this product and every time i took a photo i had a major white cast...

So maybe it works well for people with oily skin, just make sure to not take photos with flash on..

I LOVE this powder! I have oily skin and often go through very long days where I have few opportunities to blot or touch up my foundation. I've tried several mattifying primers and foundations in hopes of staying matte all day, but without this powder I am nothing. I put it on right after my foundation and concealer and it completely seals in anything that, originally, might slide around. On good days, it lasts all day, and on bad days, it lasts for at least seven hours. I usually apply it with a brush, but it works very well when applied with a beauty blender, too, and makes my skin very smooth and soft. That being said, it definitely takes some getting used to when applying, and I can definitely see it being a problem for dryer skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this powder is aweful. DO NOT use it if you plan on taking pictures with flash on. it leaves terrible flashback on your face!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

worst loose powder ever. tried it to bake the undereyes and it left the worst flashback & white patches ever. it IS very smooth but i had to dip my sponge several times because it wouldn't grip to it. and when i applied it with a brush to set everything else, the powder was just all over the place & so messy. definitely wouldn't recommend this 👎

on 7/11/2016 11:44:00 PM

This is an AWFUL translucent powder. This powder is really uneven on the face and looks HORRENDOUS in photos. It made my concealer crease almost instantly after putting this on. It's very chalky as well. Not worth it! Don't waste your $10 on this product. I'd much rather use loreal true match setting powder, or the maybelline translucent powder.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this powder! I have had a hard time setting my under-eye concealer for a long time and this product has solved my problems! I have been previously finding that my concealer has been gunking up around my tearducts and wearing away throughout the day. Now that I use this powder every day to bake my under-eyes, my concealer stays looking flawless and in place all day! The only downside to this is that I have been noticing that it is a tad bit glittery in certain lighting which I'm not such a fan of. The packaging is standard and can get quite messy but the price makes up for that. It does have a slight sent to it so just be aware of that but otherwise an incredible product!

This stuff kinda sucks. It goes everywhere and it feels like I'm applying nothing. It's really hard to get on your brush or beauty blender (whatever you're using). I bought this hoping to be able to bake with it but i almost died from inhaling too much of it, so its a no go for me

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this on a 50% off sale because NYX is pretty expensive where i live,i think this product is so great to set your makeup,my makeup looks smooth and the bronzer blush applies smooth and natural!my contour looks good!i used the body shop honey bronzer and it appears 100000times more natural and good.and then i did a flash test and it gave me flashbacks.which is pretty disappointing.but for what it's worth i think it is best to use it when you're sure that you won't get your photos taken with flash on,so i think i'm going to be repurchasing this one.such a great product

I used to use the e.l.f setting spray by itself but I found that I needed something more to keep my makeup in place. I bought this because it got good reviews and the price wasn't too bad. My makeup didn't budge at all throughout the day. the only con is since its a white 'translucent' powder, it made my contour look less intense than it really was; in other words it made my skin look paler