NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

3.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

update: Don't waste your money. Doesn't help with the longevity at all, and if it does, it's not enough of a difference really. The price isn't that great as well when you think of how it won't last you that long. What I do with this is to spray it UNDER foundation/before applying the foundation, and it does something...I think. I add another spray that keeps my makeup on longer on top of the foundation so I can't tell if this is actually doing something but someone told me it helps a bit using it under foundation so I guess I'll keep doing that, plus it makes super dry foundations a bit easier to blend (not as effective as using oil but I have to use this up somehow).

I bought this on a whim not expecting much and it performed somewhat above my expectations. It does keep makeup on a long time - my highlight stayed perfect 9 hours later when it usually vanishes by then and my blush seemed to still be there however the problem is what it does to your foundation. I use studio fix by mac and it takes away some of the beautiful finish as well taking away a bit of makeup or making it a bit more sheer if you spray a lot which makes sense cause the same thing would happen if you sprayed any liquid like this or water excessively after applying makeup.

All in all I would recommend but I would say stick with the matte one cause that may preserve the finish of matte foundations so many people love. I got dewy because my skin is dry and I kinda wish I didn't.

Also to add , this bottle is kinda expensive for the product you get. I'm already halfway through within two months but I use it maybe once ever two weeks. I would try to get a finer spray nozzle cause the one that comes with this sprays it so that you use a lot. For ten bucks on a bottle that wouldn't last me a month of everyday use the price isn't as nice as it seems.

The good thing about this is the packaging and that's because the plastic used can be recycled and after realizing how much packaging is used in makeup it's nice to know it won't go to waste and can be reused.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This setting spray gives a nice dewy finish and set the makeup on for long! The spray goes well and it dries fast on the makeup. 60 ml for around ten dollards not bad! If you use it a liitle not too much that bottle could last longer. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This works well it is just too dewy for me

This spray really gives you a nice healthy glow which comes in useful if your skin is looking a bit dry after foundation powder blusher etc it's a bargain too

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm someone with oily skin but I just don't care for the matte foundation look. I have two great full coverage foundations but they can look too "done" and mask like. I tried spritzing water over these foundations but that really doesn't help the problem long term. I saw this NYX dewy setting spray at CVS and thought this could be the trick. I'm so happy I picked this up! It really does transform any mask like foundation into one that appears more natural. It doesn't actually give me a dewy look, it softens the harshness of the foundation. Another great quality about this setting spray is that it doesn't disturb any of my face makeup included mascara and liner. It doesn't make my makeup run or smear. Also, it doesn't irritate my skin or make me greasy. It feels so refreshing on the face too! For the price, you can't beat it! THUMBS UP and will repurchase this when I run out.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this spray! I was iffy about purchasing this because I honestly thought I wouldn't see a difference, I ended up loving this and it is my holy grail because it makes my face look dewy and super healthy and makes my makeup look so much more natural ! I would repurchase !

I love this stuff! My friend gave it to me because she wasn't in love with it and it sort of sat on my vanity for months until i decided to give it a try. I incorporated it into my normal make up routine just for the heck of it and started to notice, "Wow, my skin looks good. Dewy, supple, smooth and no creasing or patching in my foundation." I don't use a primer and I don't think I need one because this stuff really helps keep my make up stay put and look a little wet which I like. I've heard some compare it to Mac's fix plus spray, which I've never used, but I already know this is more affordable and does an amazing job at making my skin look dewy and supple. Will always use to set my make up. A++

Doesn't mist, so I had to change out the cap for my elf setting spray caps. Minimal dewiness, wouldn't notice the difference between elf and this except this left me feeling a bit sticky. Probably wouldn't repurchase. I'll stick to elf setting sprays.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Works a lot better than my FIX +, it really does give a dewy, natural glow. My dry skin tends to get cakey after applying powder, and this just makes all the products on my face melt into one flawless canvas. Its cheap, and sets my makeup perfectly! The only downside is the smell - its very toxic and unpleasant but oh well! Also, the cap came off my tube and is unable to get back on. Not a big deal

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

** Parent Company Tests On Animals **

ETA: This week NYX was sold to L'Oreal who conduct animal testing. I have adjusted my rating from 5 lippies to 1 in order to reflect this. I will not re-purchase.
ETA # 2: The dewy finish is minimal.. I've been wearing this every day for a few weeks now & while it does extend the longevity of my makeup the absence of dewiness lowers the Skindinavia dupe percentage to about 70%.

Previously I've used the unparalleled Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray which I feel unable to use now because I'm unsure whether it's sold in China (ie, tested on animals). Dare I quote him again..? The one & only gossmakeupartist reviewed this & said it's a dupe for Skindinavia Bridal Finish - I definitely agree it's a 90% dupe but a fraction of the cost. (Skindinavia is about $40 including postage, NYX Makeup Setting Spray is $15 from Target and I found it on another site for $8). I'll reiterate the main points of my Skindinavia review as they're basically the same: it keeps preserves the airbrushed finish I've applied in the AM right through to PM. It's also good to tone down the dry look of when you've used too much powder. This is the fourth type of setting spray I've tried & the nozzle is just right - it actually mists rather than squirts. Other brands' nozzles squirt a stream of liquid which is annoying & counter-productive. I haven't had an adverse reaction to this myself but other people might want to be aware of this product's faint smell of alcohol in case you have sensitive skin. Will definitely re-purchase!