NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another MEH product. I love the idea of this, dewy setting spray but I don't love the actual product. I like so many others that aren't thrilled with this product suffer from desert dry skin. The last thing I want is for my face to look like a dried out raisin, which is what happens with this product. It goes on dewy but once dried my face is completely dried out and I even have dry skin flakes in some areas. I am guessing due to the high alcohol content. Yes my makeup does stay so much longer with this but the flakey dry out that comes along is not the intended look. If I can find another "dewy" setting spray I will def give it a try. Sad because I wanted this to be HG material and it just isn't.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a very pro/con product. Lots to like about it, lots not to like. Overall, I came down on the side of not re-purchasing, but it's not without some good points. For reference, I have dry skin and I use this primarily for when I'm wearing a full face for events and want to look really polished (e.g. weddings, presentations for work). I would not be able to use this daily.

Pro: great price point, cruelty free brand, dries quickly, extends life of makeup really well (even non-waterproof mascara, in humidity)

Cons: very drying (alcohol?- I need some mega moisturizer after using this), clunky spritzer device will leave big drops on your face and/or all over your bathroom counter if you try to hold it further away, feels a little sticky on your face even when dry, like hairspray

I've used Skindinavia and UD's All-Nighter from the few time's I've had wedding makeup, and I think, in this case, it's worth it to spend a bit more. Could be more tolerable for those with more normal or combo/oily skin, do not recommend for dry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried a variety of setting sprays and have always ended up with Mac Studio Fix. I really wanted to try something cruelty free but obviously something that worked. This product is definitely that. It sets my makeup all day and has a beautiful glowy finish that is perfect for drier skin. it enhances my highliters like no other! For the price you can't go wrong. The only con is I wish the spray was a finer mist.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this spray! I was iffy about purchasing this because I honestly thought I wouldn't see a difference, I ended up loving this and it is my holy grail because it makes my face look dewy and super healthy and makes my makeup look so much more natural ! I would repurchase !

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first started getting into makeup I bought this since I loved NYX but honestly it dripped down my face ruining my makeup multiple times, didn't last long & smelt like too much chemicals. I like my makeup to look a little dewy because I have very dry skin but I just feel like this product doesn't give me that "wow factor".

The best setting spray I have tried is the Urban Decay "All Nighter" setting spray! It blends my makeup amazingly & adds a bit of a dewy looking finish without feeling tacky or heavy on my face. Ive read so many reviews and watched so many youtube videos about all sorts of makeup & if you're going to invest in expensive makeup I think that a nice finishing spray is worth the money. xoxo

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff. I've used it for over a month now and I love it.

Generally, I spray this all over my face once I've finished my entire look. It sets all the products perfectly, and for the most part everything stays in place all day. It does its job and it does it well for such an affordable product.

If you want a very dewy look, just layer this stuff on a bit more. Want even more? Pair it with a dewy finish foundation (I personally use Flower's foundation) - that's what I do, and I always end up with a beautiful glow. The glow WILL fade over the course of the day, but unless you barely sprayed yourself with this stuff, there will still be some radiance left after 8+ hours.

Obviously if you're more oily, you should check out the matte version of this. I personally have combo skin and this works beautifully for me.

I used this for a while, then stopped but I'm not sure why. However I also have returned to my biggest issue of my makeup looking awful by 10 am. (my skin has challenged every makeup application of my life by allowing all carefully applied looks to disappear into that awful slick-faced greasefest by 10 am, and forget any blush I put on being there either). I hate powdery looking skin but equally hate greasy looks. I want matte/dewy.

My BBs, CCs, foundations I've tried this year have been pretty good, but not lasting. Still the mid morning letdown. I re-read Kevyn Aucoin's book Face Forward and tried a few of his tips. This week I began using a lighter moisturizer, dusting with powder *before* foundation, and using Maybelline Age Rewind Spot Eraser Concealer and Treatment as my concealer and dab it around and blend as my foundation (yes), then another light dusting of powder. I finished the rest of my makeup and then I picked up this bottle and thought, why don't I use this anymore? I couldn't think why. I was happy to rediscover it produced a nice fine mist. I applied it very sparingly.

Well holy cow! I had the best makeup day that I can remember in a long time. This was not only a testament to the new steps I'm doing and the Age Rewind use, but also to this spray, because I didn't use it today and the results weren't quite as wonderful (i.e. I actually had to blot today).

I did not have to blot or reapply anything all day long the day I used this spray though! Through 30 degree (c) heat, and several "flame on"s (hot flashes) my makeup stayed matte (oh yay MATTE!), fresh, true in tone, no visible pores, and even my blush stayed put. All day! And not flat matte but a natural skin matte. A minor miracle. Driving home I touched my cheeks, expecting to feel the usual sweaty greasy layer I usually have at any given time, and my face was soft and smooth and dry (as in normal feeling skin). Could this be true!? I felt like I had won the lottery! That day I had taken a before (am) picture and one when I got home and compared them. Considering I hadn't had to fix or blot or reapply my makeup at all that day, it was amazing that I was still matte and soft and polished looking and still had my makeup in place. I will continue using this spray as part of my new regime!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have a bottle of this that is almost used up. I hadn't used any setting spray for a while--just got out of the habit. So I used it the other day and I was astonished at the end of the day how good my makeup still looked. Been using it everyday since. I don't think it gives my skin a dewy look when first applied or later in the day. Going to buy more of this for sure. A product that does what it claims to do and it's cheap. No need for a high end version. Works for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A year ago I bought the UD "all nighter" setting spray and promptly returned it after the first use- I didn't notice enough of a difference to justify the $35 price tag. That experience convinced me that setting sprays are a waste of money. But I recently bought this one because it was much cheaper, and I figured it couldn't hurt. And omg, how was I living without this stuff? I've been using it for a week, and I can't believe how much better my makeup looks and lasts! This totally keeps my makeup from getting cakey or dry looking throughout the day. I don't notice much of a glow, or really any "dewy-ness," but it makes my makeup look so much softer and more natural. After a 12+ day of makeup-wearing, my makeup is still perfect by the time I need to wash my face at night. I LOVE this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a setting spray junkie, and I have oily skin that makes my makeup smear and smudge. I tried this because I was tired of making the trade-off of having oil-free skin but getting that matte "cake face" look. While this product does not prolong the wear of my foundation, it DOES make me look prettyyyy darn "dewy"-- almost TOO dewy. It really accentuates my highlighted areas and takes away the powdery look that matte foundations can give. I liked using this product last winter because it gave me that summer glow I was lacking, but I will probably not repurchase once I'm out since it did not make my makeup last longer. However, if you don't have a problem with your makeup lasting or you have naturally dry skin, I would recommend this product!