NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This setting spray is ok. I don't notice a difference between this and the matte one. It doesn't really have a smell and doesn't leave a dewy finish. It does help keep my makeup in place. I really like the mister on this one. I've even kept a few bottles after I've finished them because I like the mister so much. It's a very fine and even mist. Maybe even the best nozzle at the drugstore. I buy this because it is on sale or nyx has a special offer going on and I need something else from the brand.

Wet n Wild is more dewy, but smells like Purell (mister is ok). My all time fave is Pixi Rose Fixing Mist. It locks makeup in place, has a dewy finish, pleasant smell, and has a nice mister (not as fine as nyx). The only con with Pixi is the $15 price tag.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go to setting spray. I love the finish it gives my makeup and it gives my makeup better staying power.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another MEH product. I love the idea of this, dewy setting spray but I don't love the actual product. I like so many others that aren't thrilled with this product suffer from desert dry skin. The last thing I want is for my face to look like a dried out raisin, which is what happens with this product. It goes on dewy but once dried my face is completely dried out and I even have dry skin flakes in some areas. I am guessing due to the high alcohol content. Yes my makeup does stay so much longer with this but the flakey dry out that comes along is not the intended look. If I can find another "dewy" setting spray I will def give it a try. Sad because I wanted this to be HG material and it just isn't.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I myself prefer a dewy just woke up makeup look. Im not on the matte foundation train. I love the spray and how it dries and makes my skin smooth.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a very pro/con product. Lots to like about it, lots not to like. Overall, I came down on the side of not re-purchasing, but it's not without some good points. For reference, I have dry skin and I use this primarily for when I'm wearing a full face for events and want to look really polished (e.g. weddings, presentations for work). I would not be able to use this daily.

Pro: great price point, cruelty free brand, dries quickly, extends life of makeup really well (even non-waterproof mascara, in humidity)

Cons: very drying (alcohol?- I need some mega moisturizer after using this), clunky spritzer device will leave big drops on your face and/or all over your bathroom counter if you try to hold it further away, feels a little sticky on your face even when dry, like hairspray

I've used Skindinavia and UD's All-Nighter from the few time's I've had wedding makeup, and I think, in this case, it's worth it to spend a bit more. Could be more tolerable for those with more normal or combo/oily skin, do not recommend for dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Looove it. it makes my makeup stay all day and is so much cheaper than any other setting spray that i can find, especially with these kind of results. can really tell the difference when i've used it and when i havent.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried this spray looking for a cheaper alternative to the FIX + but I actually might bite the bullet and purchase the fix plus anyway. I hated this stuff. Yes it is inexpensive but it made me so greasy it was ridiculous. I do think it made my makeup last a little longer but for how greasy I looked it wasnt worth it. Also it was 7.99 for such a small bottle. In my opnion it should have been only 4.99. Im not sure if I will buy the matte spray. Sorry NYX

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was my first setting spray purchase and I am very happy with it. It makes my makeup last all day. I used to go without makeup in the summer most days because it would just melt off in the heat but this has changed that for me!

I have normal/combination skin that can get very oily in the summer and I find this even controls my oiliness. I also like the way it makes more matte finish foundations look more natural. I'm planning to buy this in the matte finish as well.

The only con is the spray mechanism is a little iffy. When it was new it sprayed a fine mist that could cover my whole face in two pumps. Now that I've been using it a few weeks I have to use 3-4 pumps to cover my face because it doesn't spray as wide.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This must be a really good product and for the price. Problem is that on my skin it felt a little irritating, like a stinging feeling. That said, I was not able to test it as it should. Cannot comment on durability nor dewiness of my makeup.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've used setting sprays from Urban Decay, E.L.F, MAC and many more and this is by far my favorite. The finish is not exactly "dewy" but it just makes your face looks flawless and luminous. There is no "glitter" or anything in it. It just gives you that fresh look, even if you caked on your powder just spray a lot more than normal and your makeup looks refreshed and flawless. You can do no wrong, and for the price it's worth the try! I love this setting spray and I will definitely repurchase. :)