NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Sets your makeup fine, sprayer is fine, everything about it is good except that it isn't what it says it is. It's not dewy. At all. It's the same as the matte one. Not sure what else to say except that I'm pretty sure this is repackaged and sold as something different. Meh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

update: Don't waste your money. Doesn't help with the longevity at all, and if it does, it's not enough of a difference really. The price isn't that great as well when you think of how it won't last you that long. What I do with this is to spray it UNDER foundation/before applying the foundation, and it does something...I think. I add another spray that keeps my makeup on longer on top of the foundation so I can't tell if this is actually doing something but someone told me it helps a bit using it under foundation so I guess I'll keep doing that, plus it makes super dry foundations a bit easier to blend (not as effective as using oil but I have to use this up somehow).

I bought this on a whim not expecting much and it performed somewhat above my expectations. It does keep makeup on a long time - my highlight stayed perfect 9 hours later when it usually vanishes by then and my blush seemed to still be there however the problem is what it does to your foundation. I use studio fix by mac and it takes away some of the beautiful finish as well taking away a bit of makeup or making it a bit more sheer if you spray a lot which makes sense cause the same thing would happen if you sprayed any liquid like this or water excessively after applying makeup.

All in all I would recommend but I would say stick with the matte one cause that may preserve the finish of matte foundations so many people love. I got dewy because my skin is dry and I kinda wish I didn't.

Also to add , this bottle is kinda expensive for the product you get. I'm already halfway through within two months but I use it maybe once ever two weeks. I would try to get a finer spray nozzle cause the one that comes with this sprays it so that you use a lot. For ten bucks on a bottle that wouldn't last me a month of everyday use the price isn't as nice as it seems.

The good thing about this is the packaging and that's because the plastic used can be recycled and after realizing how much packaging is used in makeup it's nice to know it won't go to waste and can be reused.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's the third time I'm using this spray and I don't know that I really like it or not
I have a very dry skin and most foundations turn cakey and flacky on my skin.I also like dewy look so I had to try this sprayer
It gives a dewy finish to makeup but not as much as I expected.when first sprayed,my face looks really dewy but after it dries down,difference between where I applied it and other half of my face,isn't easily detectable.it's dewy finish is easier to recognize when I don't have any makeup on my skin.not a wet look just a little lumineous.it doesn't make skin oily at all so I believe that even people with oily skin can use it
About fixing makeup and adding to it's longevity I can't comment yet.
What I dislike about it is it's sprayer.it makes a big mist and sometimes shoots big drops of it's liquid on my face.that big drops run down my face and ruin my makeup!
If it really fixes makeup and if I figure out a way to fix it's spraying problem I will give it four lipsticks but for now it's best use for me is to spray it on my bare face at days that I'm not in the mood of wearing makeup.it gives me a very light touch of glow which I like
I won't repurchase

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This setting spray gives a nice dewy finish and set the makeup on for long! The spray goes well and it dries fast on the makeup. 60 ml for around ten dollards not bad! If you use it a liitle not too much that bottle could last longer. Love it!

So far so good! I've only used this a couple times but I'm kind of amazed by how good it is. I've never been into setting sprays because I once tried a sample of the UD all nighter and it didn't do anything so I assumed I didn't need the extra step. I bought this because I wanted my skin to look refreshed and less cakey after putting on makeup, and whenever I use it my makeup stays on all day without looking oily, even though I have super oily skin. When you first use it, it gives a little bit of dew but not a lot. And then the rest of the day your makeup stays put. If you have oily/combo skin, don't be afraid to try this!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The name of this product is misleading. I do not get a dewy finish whatsoever. I even sprayed one side with this and the other side with UD's setting spray and there was no difference in dewiness. Also the nozzle sucks and would shoot out huge droplets at a time. I ended up pouring it into a different bottle. However, I must say, it does set my makeup really well and makes it last longer. No noticeable chemically scent either. I probably wouldn't repurchase this dewy one again, but plan on trying the matte setting spray by NYX next. I bought mine at Ulta. $7.99 for 2 oz.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was looking for powder alternatives that would help me set my makeup, as I have had no luck with setting powders and there's no love lost between us. I tried this setting spray, mostly because I like NYX but I have had no luck with this either. It broke me out everytime I used it - I am certain it was this product as I have a fairly consistent makeup routine otherwise - and even though my makeup did last longer, it felt drying on the skin and ultimately it was not worth the pimples.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've always had dry skin, and as I have gotten older I have found it almost impossible to wear powder. Even the gold standard Laura Mercier translucent loose tends to make my skin look dull. Skipping powder isn't really an option as I used oil based foundations and need powder to keep my foundation from transferring. I picked this up on a whim while at Target. I applied a couple of pumps after powdering my face and this really helped the powder melt into my foundation, and gave my skin a healthy natural glow. For the most part this spritzes out as a fine mist with the occasional drop. Takes about a minute to dry, and didn't cause my cream blush to streak or run. Locked in my makeup all day which was really nice. I think this increased the longevity of my makeup more so than a primer. Under $10 a bottle so it's very budget friendly.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure that I like this. I feel like it makes my skin look worse... I've used it after I've done a full face and sprayed it and after it looks like my foundation starts clinging to my pores and bumps...

It could just be that the It Cosmetics CC and this don't get along? I could try it without foundation but if I'm not going for a full face I don't really care that much about my makeup staying intact all day. I might try this again with another foundation once the air gets less dry, but I doubt that my opinion will change very much. If it does, I'll be sure to update this review.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not terrible. I feel like I should want more - like there might be something better out there to suit my needs. But, considering this is my first foray into setting sprays (and into "dewy finishes, TBH), this fits the bill - inexpensive and didn't melt my flesh off.

I've been using powdered mineral makeup, and needed something that helped my makeup STAY, but also lessened the matte and "harshness" of the powder look. This worked. It does help my makeup stay, but it's not, like, miracle setting spray, nor does it give me that ethereal, wood nymph in the forest look that I think of when I hear the word, "dewy." Regardless, I'll keep using it and probably rebuy when it runs out.

Word to the wise, it DOES make the corners of my eyes sting a little if I spray it too close to my eyes. I usually just cover my eyes when I spray, anyways, because my eyelids are hella crabby and sensitive.

Been only using it a week, though sooo...maybe my wood nymph days will come soon? :-)