NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This comes in a convenient little spray bottle and it's relatively affordable ($10AUD). It does what it says: it leaves a pretty dewy and natural-looking finish! It also smelt alright and didn't break me out. My only qualm with this is that I could feel it on my face after it dried. It made my skin feel a little tight, which was kinda annoying because I smile a lot and I could feel my cheeks stretch when I smiled. Not fun.

Would not repurchase this, or spray it over-zealously if you want to be able to smile freely. But maybe that's just me /shrugs/

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I did not notice that this helped with setting my make-up or pro longing my foundation, it smells very chemical and I don't find it dewy at all. Would not repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review will be comparing a number of drugstore makeup setting sprays to each other. There are plenty of reviews on the internet comparing each of the drugstore sprays to high end sprays so you could easily search for that if needed. I'll be focusing on the DEWY versions of Milani (Make it Last), NYX (Professional), LA Girl (Pro HD Finish), and Flower Beauty (Seal the Deal). I've added Wet N Wild but I haven't used it for long so I'll edit the review at a later point. For me, Flower Beauty was the best.
Testing conditions:
----------
I live in the Northeast where the winters are cold and windy and the summers are hot and humid. I have a long commute to work, part of which includes a 20 minute walk in all kinds of weather conditions. I work in an office setting so my makeup has to last from one extreme to the next. In other words, these products have been put to the test.
Spray & Bottle (they're all plastic):
-------------
Flower Beauty's spray bottle is amazing. By far the best of all. The spray comes out in an extremely fine mist, it never clogs, and the nozzle responds to different pressure as you're pressing down on it. The other bottles only spray if you press all the way down, if that makes sense. This is the only one out of all the products where you have quite a bit of control with the finest mist.
Milani's product comes in a semi-translucent bottle, which is nice because you can see how much product is left. There are reviewers who say the Milani bottle and spray is the best, but I've used multiple bottles of it and have found that it's not nearly as good as Flower's and it starts off good but clogs up and spritz's big pellets towards the end. The bottle is NOT a screw top--you can't open it up, reuse the bottle, or get any of the remaining product out. Out of all of the products, Milani's is the only product that is a sealed, non-screw top.
I would note that all the other products come in a pretty standard spray bottle, the kind that you get in a travel kit. They are sprays that work evenly, but they're still sprays, not mists. But, if you've ever tried the ELF setting spray that comes in that square-shape bottle, these are all world's better than that. The ELF thing spits at you, none of these do that so you don't need to worry.
Staying power:
-------------
The staying power of all the products are pretty on par with each other. Out of all the products, Milani looks the best for the longest amount of time. That being said, the difference was very slight and for me, not worth the extra price per ounce and the bottle.
Dewy Look:
---------
In terms of leaving me the dewy-est, NYX wins, hands-down. It gives me a very nice sheen that is visible. Second best is Milani, but I can't tell if it's the product itself or if it's because it lasts the longest so it ends up looking the best by the end of the day. Flower's sheen is nice but subtle. It's probably not the shiniest because the mist is so fine. The rest of the products I would say leave me natural looking but not dewy. Let's put it this way, the rest are setting sprays that do NOT make me look flat, matte, or dry but they don't particularly leave me dewy.
Overview:
--------
My favorite out of the bunch is the Flower Beauty Seal the Deal Hydrating setting spray. It's the most expensive per bottle but the cheapest per fluid ounce--you get a lot of it. The spray itself is superior to all the rest. The only con is that it's hard to find (only in Walmart or online) and never goes on sale. Out of the remainders, I would say they do not differ too much from each other. The second best is Milani and per bottle, it's only a little cheaper than Flower Beauty but you get a lot less product. If you're looking at paying the least per bottle then NYX, LA Girl, and Wet n Wild are pretty much on par with each other by price but I think NYX is the best out of those three. I'm ranking LA Girl the lowest but it doesn't actually mean it's the worst. I would say that it really doesn't differ much from NYX or Milani by very much and I've seen both the NYX and the LA Girl get sold in a 0.5 fl oz mini bottles for around $3 so they're good travel products or a good trial size with minimal financial investment.
Overall Ranking:
---------------
1. Flower (best value, best spray, hard to find)
2. Milani (fair value, best staying power)
3. NYX (most dewy look)
4. Wet n Wild (excellent value, good overall)
5. LA Girl (inexpensive per bottle, good but not special)
Prices (based on Walmart)
------
Flower = $9.98 for 3.4 fl oz (100ml) (2.96 per fl oz)
Milani = $8.97 for 2.03 fl oz (60ml) (4.42 per fl oz)
NYX = $5.59 for 1 fl oz (30ml)
Wet n Wild = $4.68 for 1.52 fl oz (45ml) (3.08 per fl oz)
LA Girl = $4.99 for 1 fl oz (30ml)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Sets your makeup fine, sprayer is fine, everything about it is good except that it isn't what it says it is. It's not dewy. At all. It's the same as the matte one. Not sure what else to say except that I'm pretty sure this is repackaged and sold as something different. Meh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

update: Don't waste your money. Doesn't help with the longevity at all, and if it does, it's not enough of a difference really. The price isn't that great as well when you think of how it won't last you that long. What I do with this is to spray it UNDER foundation/before applying the foundation, and it does something...I think. I add another spray that keeps my makeup on longer on top of the foundation so I can't tell if this is actually doing something but someone told me it helps a bit using it under foundation so I guess I'll keep doing that, plus it makes super dry foundations a bit easier to blend (not as effective as using oil but I have to use this up somehow).

I bought this on a whim not expecting much and it performed somewhat above my expectations. It does keep makeup on a long time - my highlight stayed perfect 9 hours later when it usually vanishes by then and my blush seemed to still be there however the problem is what it does to your foundation. I use studio fix by mac and it takes away some of the beautiful finish as well taking away a bit of makeup or making it a bit more sheer if you spray a lot which makes sense cause the same thing would happen if you sprayed any liquid like this or water excessively after applying makeup.

All in all I would recommend but I would say stick with the matte one cause that may preserve the finish of matte foundations so many people love. I got dewy because my skin is dry and I kinda wish I didn't.

Also to add , this bottle is kinda expensive for the product you get. I'm already halfway through within two months but I use it maybe once ever two weeks. I would try to get a finer spray nozzle cause the one that comes with this sprays it so that you use a lot. For ten bucks on a bottle that wouldn't last me a month of everyday use the price isn't as nice as it seems.

The good thing about this is the packaging and that's because the plastic used can be recycled and after realizing how much packaging is used in makeup it's nice to know it won't go to waste and can be reused.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's the third time I'm using this spray and I don't know that I really like it or not
I have a very dry skin and most foundations turn cakey and flacky on my skin.I also like dewy look so I had to try this sprayer
It gives a dewy finish to makeup but not as much as I expected.when first sprayed,my face looks really dewy but after it dries down,difference between where I applied it and other half of my face,isn't easily detectable.it's dewy finish is easier to recognize when I don't have any makeup on my skin.not a wet look just a little lumineous.it doesn't make skin oily at all so I believe that even people with oily skin can use it
About fixing makeup and adding to it's longevity I can't comment yet.
What I dislike about it is it's sprayer.it makes a big mist and sometimes shoots big drops of it's liquid on my face.that big drops run down my face and ruin my makeup!
If it really fixes makeup and if I figure out a way to fix it's spraying problem I will give it four lipsticks but for now it's best use for me is to spray it on my bare face at days that I'm not in the mood of wearing makeup.it gives me a very light touch of glow which I like
I won't repurchase

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This setting spray gives a nice dewy finish and set the makeup on for long! The spray goes well and it dries fast on the makeup. 60 ml for around ten dollards not bad! If you use it a liitle not too much that bottle could last longer. Love it!

So far so good! I've only used this a couple times but I'm kind of amazed by how good it is. I've never been into setting sprays because I once tried a sample of the UD all nighter and it didn't do anything so I assumed I didn't need the extra step. I bought this because I wanted my skin to look refreshed and less cakey after putting on makeup, and whenever I use it my makeup stays on all day without looking oily, even though I have super oily skin. When you first use it, it gives a little bit of dew but not a lot. And then the rest of the day your makeup stays put. If you have oily/combo skin, don't be afraid to try this!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The name of this product is misleading. I do not get a dewy finish whatsoever. I even sprayed one side with this and the other side with UD's setting spray and there was no difference in dewiness. Also the nozzle sucks and would shoot out huge droplets at a time. I ended up pouring it into a different bottle. However, I must say, it does set my makeup really well and makes it last longer. No noticeable chemically scent either. I probably wouldn't repurchase this dewy one again, but plan on trying the matte setting spray by NYX next. I bought mine at Ulta. $7.99 for 2 oz.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was looking for powder alternatives that would help me set my makeup, as I have had no luck with setting powders and there's no love lost between us. I tried this setting spray, mostly because I like NYX but I have had no luck with this either. It broke me out everytime I used it - I am certain it was this product as I have a fairly consistent makeup routine otherwise - and even though my makeup did last longer, it felt drying on the skin and ultimately it was not worth the pimples.