NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review will be comparing a number of drugstore makeup setting sprays to each other. There are plenty of reviews on the internet comparing each of the drugstore sprays to high end sprays so you could easily search for that if needed. I'll be focusing on the DEWY versions of Milani (Make it Last), NYX (Professional), LA Girl (Pro HD Finish), and Flower Beauty (Seal the Deal). I've added Wet N Wild but I haven't used it for long so I'll edit the review at a later point. For me, Flower Beauty was the best.
Testing conditions:
----------
I live in the Northeast where the winters are cold and windy and the summers are hot and humid. I have a long commute to work, part of which includes a 20 minute walk in all kinds of weather conditions. I work in an office setting so my makeup has to last from one extreme to the next. In other words, these products have been put to the test.
Spray & Bottle (they're all plastic):
-------------
Flower Beauty's spray bottle is amazing. By far the best of all. The spray comes out in an extremely fine mist, it never clogs, and the nozzle responds to different pressure as you're pressing down on it. The other bottles only spray if you press all the way down, if that makes sense. This is the only one out of all the products where you have quite a bit of control with the finest mist.
Milani's product comes in a semi-translucent bottle, which is nice because you can see how much product is left. There are reviewers who say the Milani bottle and spray is the best, but I've used multiple bottles of it and have found that it's not nearly as good as Flower's and it starts off good but clogs up and spritz's big pellets towards the end. The bottle is NOT a screw top--you can't open it up, reuse the bottle, or get any of the remaining product out. Out of all of the products, Milani's is the only product that is a sealed, non-screw top.
I would note that all the other products come in a pretty standard spray bottle, the kind that you get in a travel kit. They are sprays that work evenly, but they're still sprays, not mists. But, if you've ever tried the ELF setting spray that comes in that square-shape bottle, these are all world's better than that. The ELF thing spits at you, none of these do that so you don't need to worry.
Staying power:
-------------
The staying power of all the products are pretty on par with each other. Out of all the products, Milani looks the best for the longest amount of time. That being said, the difference was very slight and for me, not worth the extra price per ounce and the bottle.
Dewy Look:
---------
In terms of leaving me the dewy-est, NYX wins, hands-down. It gives me a very nice sheen that is visible. Second best is Milani, but I can't tell if it's the product itself or if it's because it lasts the longest so it ends up looking the best by the end of the day. Flower's sheen is nice but subtle. It's probably not the shiniest because the mist is so fine. The rest of the products I would say leave me natural looking but not dewy. Let's put it this way, the rest are setting sprays that do NOT make me look flat, matte, or dry but they don't particularly leave me dewy.
Overview:
--------
My favorite out of the bunch is the Flower Beauty Seal the Deal Hydrating setting spray. It's the most expensive per bottle but the cheapest per fluid ounce--you get a lot of it. The spray itself is superior to all the rest. The only con is that it's hard to find (only in Walmart or online) and never goes on sale. Out of the remainders, I would say they do not differ too much from each other. The second best is Milani and per bottle, it's only a little cheaper than Flower Beauty but you get a lot less product. If you're looking at paying the least per bottle then NYX, LA Girl, and Wet n Wild are pretty much on par with each other by price but I think NYX is the best out of those three. I'm ranking LA Girl the lowest but it doesn't actually mean it's the worst. I would say that it really doesn't differ much from NYX or Milani by very much and I've seen both the NYX and the LA Girl get sold in a 0.5 fl oz mini bottles for around $3 so they're good travel products or a good trial size with minimal financial investment.
Overall Ranking:
---------------
1. Flower (best value, best spray, hard to find)
2. Milani (fair value, best staying power)
3. NYX (most dewy look)
4. Wet n Wild (excellent value, good overall)
5. LA Girl (inexpensive per bottle, good but not special)
Prices (based on Walmart)
------
Flower = $9.98 for 3.4 fl oz (100ml) (2.96 per fl oz)
Milani = $8.97 for 2.03 fl oz (60ml) (4.42 per fl oz)
NYX = $5.59 for 1 fl oz (30ml)
Wet n Wild = $4.68 for 1.52 fl oz (45ml) (3.08 per fl oz)
LA Girl = $4.99 for 1 fl oz (30ml)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Has absolutely no effect on the longevity of my makeup, is not dewy, and smells like bread. No thanks.

This has replaced Urban Decay All Nighter as my choice setting spray. I love this stuff. I don’t have problems with makeup melting off my face and it provides a nice dewy finish on top of my makeup. It doesn’t spray too much product onto the face and I feel like I am good to go after just one or two sprays.

Best setting spray I have ever used!! It better than the Urban Decay all nighter setting spray in my opinion! Makes my makeup last all day and great for nights out! Sprays a really fine mist and a great price think it’s between £6-£10!! Wish they did bigger bottles

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's the third time I'm using this spray and I don't know that I really like it or not
I have a very dry skin and most foundations turn cakey and flacky on my skin.I also like dewy look so I had to try this sprayer
It gives a dewy finish to makeup but not as much as I expected.when first sprayed,my face looks really dewy but after it dries down,difference between where I applied it and other half of my face,isn't easily detectable.it's dewy finish is easier to recognize when I don't have any makeup on my skin.not a wet look just a little lumineous.it doesn't make skin oily at all so I believe that even people with oily skin can use it
About fixing makeup and adding to it's longevity I can't comment yet.
What I dislike about it is it's sprayer.it makes a big mist and sometimes shoots big drops of it's liquid on my face.that big drops run down my face and ruin my makeup!
If it really fixes makeup and if I figure out a way to fix it's spraying problem I will give it four lipsticks but for now it's best use for me is to spray it on my bare face at days that I'm not in the mood of wearing makeup.it gives me a very light touch of glow which I like
I won't repurchase

Love

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The name of this product is misleading. I do not get a dewy finish whatsoever. I even sprayed one side with this and the other side with UD's setting spray and there was no difference in dewiness. Also the nozzle sucks and would shoot out huge droplets at a time. I ended up pouring it into a different bottle. However, I must say, it does set my makeup really well and makes it last longer. No noticeable chemically scent either. I probably wouldn't repurchase this dewy one again, but plan on trying the matte setting spray by NYX next. I bought mine at Ulta. $7.99 for 2 oz.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my current everyday setting spray. For my dry skin, it gives me a dewy finish, intensifies my highlight and keeps my makeup on throughout my work shifts. The only down side is it doesn't make powders blend seamlessly into your skin. Other than that, I think it's a great product for the price.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go to setting spray. I love the finish it gives my makeup and it gives my makeup better staying power.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this spray - its reasonably priced, I've dry skin +++ and I'm 40.
But my make up looks so caked & oxidised the few times I've used it.

I'm going to give it a few more tries & play around with application.....distance from face, amt I use etc. I will update my review if things change.

Until then.....don't waste your money.