NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

This setting spray transforms and melts my makeup together like no other drug store brand. Using this on my Super Shock Highlighters from Colourpop makes my skin look like glass! I spray it over a powdered face and it doesn't look too dewy, it's a flattering natural glow.

Cons: Doesn't really affect staying power and the nozzle could be better (more mist like and less Windex spray bottle)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I like this. I'm glad it's not oily looking like I expected because I was going to pick up the matte one but the store had run out so I picked this one instead. It leaves a natural finish, but it is more dewy than the matte one. You can specially tell when you apply it xlose to the face. I feel like it doesnt helps wear time as well as the matte, though Id have to do a half face test and report back to the be sure. The spray isn't the finest ive tried but since I spray it about 12 inches away from my face anyway, it doesnt matter. Im very happy that its fragrance free, cruelty free, well priced and that it has Niacinamide in it. Have and would repurhase.

If you want a very dewy spray try the Wet N wild original photofocus one. By the gods I hated that one because it made me look.. super dewy. Yuck. I have oily skin already!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This setting spray is ok. I don't notice a difference between this and the matte one. It doesn't really have a smell and doesn't leave a dewy finish. It does help keep my makeup in place. I really like the mister on this one. I've even kept a few bottles after I've finished them because I like the mister so much. It's a very fine and even mist. Maybe even the best nozzle at the drugstore. I buy this because it is on sale or nyx has a special offer going on and I need something else from the brand.

Wet n Wild is more dewy, but smells like Purell (mister is ok). My all time fave is Pixi Rose Fixing Mist. It locks makeup in place, has a dewy finish, pleasant smell, and has a nice mister (not as fine as nyx). The only con with Pixi is the $15 price tag.

pros:
- you need only like 3 sprays
- dewy effect is noticeable for like 5 hours
- increases the longevity of your makeup
-you can spray it on your brush and then dip it into your highlighter and it’s going to be BLINDING, or use it instead of a primer or on op of a primer so it has multiple uses.
- it won’t make your makeup flakey or anything, it just melts into the skin and gives you healthy glow

cons:
- the smell (it’s not too bad and others may like it but i don’t like it so much)

it may look like you pay $10 for “only” 50ml package but it lasts months, even if you’re using it daily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Sets your makeup fine, sprayer is fine, everything about it is good except that it isn't what it says it is. It's not dewy. At all. It's the same as the matte one. Not sure what else to say except that I'm pretty sure this is repackaged and sold as something different. Meh.

This has replaced Urban Decay All Nighter as my choice setting spray. I love this stuff. I don’t have problems with makeup melting off my face and it provides a nice dewy finish on top of my makeup. It doesn’t spray too much product onto the face and I feel like I am good to go after just one or two sprays.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I need to find another dewy setting spray for my incredibly dry skin. This one makes my foundations oxidize at least one shade. I use dewy/hydrating serum type foundations and although they all do oxidize a bit on their own, this spray makes it much worse. The spray nozzle doesnt give the finest mist but overall it is still a good hydrating setting spray.

Best setting spray I have ever used!! It better than the Urban Decay all nighter setting spray in my opinion! Makes my makeup last all day and great for nights out! Sprays a really fine mist and a great price think it’s between £6-£10!! Wish they did bigger bottles

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

update: Don't waste your money. Doesn't help with the longevity at all, and if it does, it's not enough of a difference really. The price isn't that great as well when you think of how it won't last you that long. What I do with this is to spray it UNDER foundation/before applying the foundation, and it does something...I think. I add another spray that keeps my makeup on longer on top of the foundation so I can't tell if this is actually doing something but someone told me it helps a bit using it under foundation so I guess I'll keep doing that, plus it makes super dry foundations a bit easier to blend (not as effective as using oil but I have to use this up somehow).

I bought this on a whim not expecting much and it performed somewhat above my expectations. It does keep makeup on a long time - my highlight stayed perfect 9 hours later when it usually vanishes by then and my blush seemed to still be there however the problem is what it does to your foundation. I use studio fix by mac and it takes away some of the beautiful finish as well taking away a bit of makeup or making it a bit more sheer if you spray a lot which makes sense cause the same thing would happen if you sprayed any liquid like this or water excessively after applying makeup.

All in all I would recommend but I would say stick with the matte one cause that may preserve the finish of matte foundations so many people love. I got dewy because my skin is dry and I kinda wish I didn't.

Also to add , this bottle is kinda expensive for the product you get. I'm already halfway through within two months but I use it maybe once ever two weeks. I would try to get a finer spray nozzle cause the one that comes with this sprays it so that you use a lot. For ten bucks on a bottle that wouldn't last me a month of everyday use the price isn't as nice as it seems.

The good thing about this is the packaging and that's because the plastic used can be recycled and after realizing how much packaging is used in makeup it's nice to know it won't go to waste and can be reused.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

For me this is just as good as any of the higher end setting spray if you compare the ingredients in it to the skindanavia setting spray they are the same,I was a bit skeptical at first being that my face is an oil slick and it's labeled Dewy don't let that deter you it has nothing dewy about it ,it sets my makeup very well gell the products into one giving an air brush finish,holding it into place for at least 8 hrs plus .always repurchase from my local wallmart or shoppers drug mart,and the price is great not to mention the spray nozzle works wonderfully giving a fine mist of product that spread evenly over the face ..just think of it as NYX fix plus but better