NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I like this. I'm glad it's not oily looking like I expected because I was going to pick up the matte one but the store had run out so I picked this one instead. It leaves a natural finish, but it is more dewy than the matte one. You can specially tell when you apply it xlose to the face. I feel like it doesnt helps wear time as well as the matte, though Id have to do a half face test and report back to the be sure. The spray isn't the finest ive tried but since I spray it about 12 inches away from my face anyway, it doesnt matter. Im very happy that its fragrance free, cruelty free, well priced and that it has Niacinamide in it. Have and would repurhase.

If you want a very dewy spray try the Wet N wild original photofocus one. By the gods I hated that one because it made me look.. super dewy. Yuck. I have oily skin already!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Sets your makeup fine, sprayer is fine, everything about it is good except that it isn't what it says it is. It's not dewy. At all. It's the same as the matte one. Not sure what else to say except that I'm pretty sure this is repackaged and sold as something different. Meh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

update: Don't waste your money. Doesn't help with the longevity at all, and if it does, it's not enough of a difference really. The price isn't that great as well when you think of how it won't last you that long. What I do with this is to spray it UNDER foundation/before applying the foundation, and it does something...I think. I add another spray that keeps my makeup on longer on top of the foundation so I can't tell if this is actually doing something but someone told me it helps a bit using it under foundation so I guess I'll keep doing that, plus it makes super dry foundations a bit easier to blend (not as effective as using oil but I have to use this up somehow).

I bought this on a whim not expecting much and it performed somewhat above my expectations. It does keep makeup on a long time - my highlight stayed perfect 9 hours later when it usually vanishes by then and my blush seemed to still be there however the problem is what it does to your foundation. I use studio fix by mac and it takes away some of the beautiful finish as well taking away a bit of makeup or making it a bit more sheer if you spray a lot which makes sense cause the same thing would happen if you sprayed any liquid like this or water excessively after applying makeup.

All in all I would recommend but I would say stick with the matte one cause that may preserve the finish of matte foundations so many people love. I got dewy because my skin is dry and I kinda wish I didn't.

Also to add , this bottle is kinda expensive for the product you get. I'm already halfway through within two months but I use it maybe once ever two weeks. I would try to get a finer spray nozzle cause the one that comes with this sprays it so that you use a lot. For ten bucks on a bottle that wouldn't last me a month of everyday use the price isn't as nice as it seems.

The good thing about this is the packaging and that's because the plastic used can be recycled and after realizing how much packaging is used in makeup it's nice to know it won't go to waste and can be reused.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I can't seem to understand the great review about this product because the only way to describe it is RUBBISH! My experience with this setting spray was an absolute disaster!

Bought this around the £8 mark as I was looking for something that would give me that dewy glow that I'm always after, instead, an hour after spraying this, my face looked like someone had marinated my face in oil then left it out in the sun to dry. It was horrible. I didn't get the dewy look I was promised, my makeup looked as though it was melting off my face and transferred so bad! I hate this setting spray so much and would not be repurchasing nor recommend!

For the price and the size of product that you get, it is not worth it at all. I would recommend the L'Oreal Infallible Fix and Mist which is much cheaper and does an amazing job at setting your make-up and removing the powderness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been coming out of the dark ages and discovering all these neat things in the world of make up and skin products. I have been using all natural soaps and vitamin c serum for years. I just turned 50 (I still look no older than 40) and I am wanting to look as young as I feel, so now it is taking a little more effort. I have to do my eyebrows (I use ELF after trying Brow Zings) and primer to have my foundation stay on longer, and still have a bit of healthy glow to me. This is where this product come in. I use 2 spritzes, it sets my foundation, and gives a nice healthy look to my face. I don't want to say glow or anything like that, but just young and healthy. I know people have complained about the spritzer saying too much comes out but I disagree. It is just fine, not perfect, but good enough for it too work well. It doesn't cause any break outs for my sensitive skin. I will continue to use this product as long as they continue to make it!

I have oily skin around my nose & it doesn't make my face look very oily only a nice dewy finish. I bought the Urban Decay setting spray & thought it was awful compared to this. I just wish it was more of a mist than an actual water spray

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was interested in trying the "dewy" look after so many years of tried and true matte finish products. I did not want to splurge on UD dewy version, so I gave NYX a try. NYX is one of the very few drugstore cosmetics that I like to use, I usually use HE. This setting spray works very well. I also find if I need to do a little more blending and my foundation is set, spray and blend. I am pleased with this setting spray. I mostly still reach from my deslick from UD because I love my matte finsh, but dewy will be my spring setting spray.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Not only did this product not work, but it broke me out terribly.

I love this setting spray! I picked it up at Ulta when NYX was BOGO 50% off. It makes my makeup last all day and looks very natural. I think the bottle will last me a long time, too. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up on a whim at Ulta. I think it's a good, inexpensive setting spray. Takes the edge off of the dry feeling that can happen in winter with the wind and indoor heating systems.

The finish isn't super dewy on me, more "natural," which is perfect. Not sure if this makes a huge difference in my makeup's staying power (I'm experimenting with foundations right now anyway, so hard to say), but it doesn't hurt and I really like how it feels. Did I mention that it's inexpensive?