NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Has absolutely no effect on the longevity of my makeup, is not dewy, and smells like bread. No thanks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This setting spray is ok. I don't notice a difference between this and the matte one. It doesn't really have a smell and doesn't leave a dewy finish. It does help keep my makeup in place. I really like the mister on this one. I've even kept a few bottles after I've finished them because I like the mister so much. It's a very fine and even mist. Maybe even the best nozzle at the drugstore. I buy this because it is on sale or nyx has a special offer going on and I need something else from the brand.

Wet n Wild is more dewy, but smells like Purell (mister is ok). My all time fave is Pixi Rose Fixing Mist. It locks makeup in place, has a dewy finish, pleasant smell, and has a nice mister (not as fine as nyx). The only con with Pixi is the $15 price tag.

pros:
- you need only like 3 sprays
- dewy effect is noticeable for like 5 hours
- increases the longevity of your makeup
-you can spray it on your brush and then dip it into your highlighter and it’s going to be BLINDING, or use it instead of a primer or on op of a primer so it has multiple uses.
- it won’t make your makeup flakey or anything, it just melts into the skin and gives you healthy glow

cons:
- the smell (it’s not too bad and others may like it but i don’t like it so much)

it may look like you pay $10 for “only” 50ml package but it lasts months, even if you’re using it daily.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I need to find another dewy setting spray for my incredibly dry skin. This one makes my foundations oxidize at least one shade. I use dewy/hydrating serum type foundations and although they all do oxidize a bit on their own, this spray makes it much worse. The spray nozzle doesnt give the finest mist but overall it is still a good hydrating setting spray.

Best setting spray I have ever used!! It better than the Urban Decay all nighter setting spray in my opinion! Makes my makeup last all day and great for nights out! Sprays a really fine mist and a great price think it’s between £6-£10!! Wish they did bigger bottles

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's the third time I'm using this spray and I don't know that I really like it or not
I have a very dry skin and most foundations turn cakey and flacky on my skin.I also like dewy look so I had to try this sprayer
It gives a dewy finish to makeup but not as much as I expected.when first sprayed,my face looks really dewy but after it dries down,difference between where I applied it and other half of my face,isn't easily detectable.it's dewy finish is easier to recognize when I don't have any makeup on my skin.not a wet look just a little lumineous.it doesn't make skin oily at all so I believe that even people with oily skin can use it
About fixing makeup and adding to it's longevity I can't comment yet.
What I dislike about it is it's sprayer.it makes a big mist and sometimes shoots big drops of it's liquid on my face.that big drops run down my face and ruin my makeup!
If it really fixes makeup and if I figure out a way to fix it's spraying problem I will give it four lipsticks but for now it's best use for me is to spray it on my bare face at days that I'm not in the mood of wearing makeup.it gives me a very light touch of glow which I like
I won't repurchase

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The name of this product is misleading. I do not get a dewy finish whatsoever. I even sprayed one side with this and the other side with UD's setting spray and there was no difference in dewiness. Also the nozzle sucks and would shoot out huge droplets at a time. I ended up pouring it into a different bottle. However, I must say, it does set my makeup really well and makes it last longer. No noticeable chemically scent either. I probably wouldn't repurchase this dewy one again, but plan on trying the matte setting spray by NYX next. I bought mine at Ulta. $7.99 for 2 oz.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my current everyday setting spray. For my dry skin, it gives me a dewy finish, intensifies my highlight and keeps my makeup on throughout my work shifts. The only down side is it doesn't make powders blend seamlessly into your skin. Other than that, I think it's a great product for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go to setting spray. I love the finish it gives my makeup and it gives my makeup better staying power.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another MEH product. I love the idea of this, dewy setting spray but I don't love the actual product. I like so many others that aren't thrilled with this product suffer from desert dry skin. The last thing I want is for my face to look like a dried out raisin, which is what happens with this product. It goes on dewy but once dried my face is completely dried out and I even have dry skin flakes in some areas. I am guessing due to the high alcohol content. Yes my makeup does stay so much longer with this but the flakey dry out that comes along is not the intended look. If I can find another "dewy" setting spray I will def give it a try. Sad because I wanted this to be HG material and it just isn't.