NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

This setting spray transforms and melts my makeup together like no other drug store brand. Using this on my Super Shock Highlighters from Colourpop makes my skin look like glass! I spray it over a powdered face and it doesn't look too dewy, it's a flattering natural glow.

Cons: Doesn't really affect staying power and the nozzle could be better (more mist like and less Windex spray bottle)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This setting spray is ok. I don't notice a difference between this and the matte one. It doesn't really have a smell and doesn't leave a dewy finish. It does help keep my makeup in place. I really like the mister on this one. I've even kept a few bottles after I've finished them because I like the mister so much. It's a very fine and even mist. Maybe even the best nozzle at the drugstore. I buy this because it is on sale or nyx has a special offer going on and I need something else from the brand.

Wet n Wild is more dewy, but smells like Purell (mister is ok). My all time fave is Pixi Rose Fixing Mist. It locks makeup in place, has a dewy finish, pleasant smell, and has a nice mister (not as fine as nyx). The only con with Pixi is the $15 price tag.

pros:
- you need only like 3 sprays
- dewy effect is noticeable for like 5 hours
- increases the longevity of your makeup
-you can spray it on your brush and then dip it into your highlighter and it’s going to be BLINDING, or use it instead of a primer or on op of a primer so it has multiple uses.
- it won’t make your makeup flakey or anything, it just melts into the skin and gives you healthy glow

cons:
- the smell (it’s not too bad and others may like it but i don’t like it so much)

it may look like you pay $10 for “only” 50ml package but it lasts months, even if you’re using it daily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Sets your makeup fine, sprayer is fine, everything about it is good except that it isn't what it says it is. It's not dewy. At all. It's the same as the matte one. Not sure what else to say except that I'm pretty sure this is repackaged and sold as something different. Meh.

So far so good! I've only used this a couple times but I'm kind of amazed by how good it is. I've never been into setting sprays because I once tried a sample of the UD all nighter and it didn't do anything so I assumed I didn't need the extra step. I bought this because I wanted my skin to look refreshed and less cakey after putting on makeup, and whenever I use it my makeup stays on all day without looking oily, even though I have super oily skin. When you first use it, it gives a little bit of dew but not a lot. And then the rest of the day your makeup stays put. If you have oily/combo skin, don't be afraid to try this!

So far this has been the better of the setting sprays for me. It doesn't feel overly heavy or hairspray like. I'm not sure if it honestly helps longevity of my makeup. However, the reason I like it is because I have dry skin but need a little powder in my t-zone and to set whatever I put on my face. I use a setting spray at the end to make it look less powdery. I would rate this higher if it had a better sprayer. The sprayer is not good. It doesn't come out in straight streams like I've seen on some bottles but it's definitely not a fine mist. (better than the Wet N Wild sprayer though)
So far the Milani setting spray has the best drug store sprayer I've come across. It's perfect. The reason I would not repurchase this is because of the sprayer and the fact that the Wet N Wild spray does the same thing if not better and it's cheaper. I just have to rebottle the product into a different one, as the WNW sprayer sucks.

Good finishing spray, but I wouldn't recommend for sensitive skin. I say this because it has the most STRONG scent of alcohol. It smells revolting. It doesn't give me a very dewy finish but it does keep my makeup on all day. I give it a 4/5 as it keeps my makeup looking smooth and set all day :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this mainly to dampen my sponges or to cocktail with other setting sprays. On its own on my combo skin it is a little too dewy, but if I mix it with a matte setting spray, it gives a more natural finish. I'd assume that it is better straight-up on drier skinned makeup users. While it isn't my favorite on its own, it has its uses, and I probably will repurchase and continue to use it as I have described since it is easily accessible and very affordable.

A horrible setting spray! I got this because my Mac fix+ spray is soon empty and I wanted to see what the hype about this was….
First, this makes my face feel thight and and the mist is absolutely terrible! Also, it is wayyy smaller than you think.
All in all, this is horrible. It may be cheap, but not worth it at all!

If you are thinking about getting this spray do it. It is a part of my holy grail makeup base and when I use it on top of my Lancôme foundation my makeup does not budge.