NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

I really enjoy this product. The one main complaint with it is that it seems to have a chemically smell, which is a bit of a turn off, but it dissipates quickly.
I have fairly dry skin and I like to wear full coverage products, so I have to be really careful to avoid looking caked. I feel that this product takes some of the powdery edge off my make up and gives me a more natural finish. I generally hold the spray an arm's length from my face and give myself a few sprays after I'm done with my makeup.
I can see what some other reviewers are saying about it leaving a "film", I do notice something kind of "sitting on top of" my make up throughout the day. Luckily, this isn't the kind of film that you can wipe off, and it's not greasy, so I don't mind it. The product definitely has a slight bit of heaviness to it, but it's not unbearable, and I'm used to a full face of make up, so it doesn't bother me at all. I could see those who prefer very light make up to be irritated by it, though.
My FAVORITE thing about this product, and why I'm writing this review is to share a tip: I have a huge problem with product settling into my fine lines throughout the day, drying them out, and making me look older than I am. I've tried various products and dozens of techniques for avoiding this, but nothing works. Setting my under eyes with powder (the standard recommendation) exacerbates the issue, as my problem is dry under eyes, and the powder makes them even more dry and crepey. One day, I decided to try to set them with this product. I sprayed a bit on my palm, then tapped my ring finger into the product, and dabbed it all over my under eye (after I'd applied concealer)...it looks so much fresher & brighter, and I haven't had any issue with my eyes looking shriveled and old since. I am SO pleased! I will continue buying this product for this reason alone! If you have a similar issue, I really recommend trying this! Hope this helps someone :)

I used this for a while, then stopped but I'm not sure why. However I also have returned to my biggest issue of my makeup looking awful by 10 am. (my skin has challenged every makeup application of my life by allowing all carefully applied looks to disappear into that awful slick-faced greasefest by 10 am, and forget any blush I put on being there either). I hate powdery looking skin but equally hate greasy looks. I want matte/dewy.

My BBs, CCs, foundations I've tried this year have been pretty good, but not lasting. Still the mid morning letdown. I re-read Kevyn Aucoin's book Face Forward and tried a few of his tips. This week I began using a lighter moisturizer, dusting with powder *before* foundation, and using Maybelline Age Rewind Spot Eraser Concealer and Treatment as my concealer and dab it around and blend as my foundation (yes), then another light dusting of powder. I finished the rest of my makeup and then I picked up this bottle and thought, why don't I use this anymore? I couldn't think why. I was happy to rediscover it produced a nice fine mist. I applied it very sparingly.

Well holy cow! I had the best makeup day that I can remember in a long time. This was not only a testament to the new steps I'm doing and the Age Rewind use, but also to this spray, because I didn't use it today and the results weren't quite as wonderful (i.e. I actually had to blot today).

I did not have to blot or reapply anything all day long the day I used this spray though! Through 30 degree (c) heat, and several "flame on"s (hot flashes) my makeup stayed matte (oh yay MATTE!), fresh, true in tone, no visible pores, and even my blush stayed put. All day! And not flat matte but a natural skin matte. A minor miracle. Driving home I touched my cheeks, expecting to feel the usual sweaty greasy layer I usually have at any given time, and my face was soft and smooth and dry (as in normal feeling skin). Could this be true!? I felt like I had won the lottery! That day I had taken a before (am) picture and one when I got home and compared them. Considering I hadn't had to fix or blot or reapply my makeup at all that day, it was amazing that I was still matte and soft and polished looking and still had my makeup in place. I will continue using this spray as part of my new regime!

Hurray for this stuff! I bought a bottle at Ulta and went back the next day to get another to have a backup.
I do my complete makeup, spray my face quite a bit.. it's damp all over. Then I use my blow dryer on the lowest coolest setting and let it 'set' the setting spray. It kind of 'melds' with what's on my face and gives the loveliest finish.
My makeup does not move all day. Not even a smidge.
I can wear makeup for an extended time, come home and use a makeup remover cloth and it comes away just loaded with makeup. Because it's all still there, even hours later.
Plus, it's less than ten dollars!
I haven't used any of the expensive ones because I don't have a need to. I like the way my face looks with this on, and I like that my makeup is SET for the day. So why pay more? Did I mention it's less than ten dollars? :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Helps makeup wear longer: CHECK! Has lasting dewy finish. CHECK! Value priced. CHECK!!
Many pros!

But one major CON is that the spray nozzle delivers WAY TOO MUCH product. My face felt like I walked out of a shower first time I sprayed this on... ok, maybe I exaggerate. But you know, UD Allnighter has a lovely fine mist in comparison. More is NOT better with this NYX setting spray, I'm afraid. It creates an uncomfortable plastic-y feeling film. On dry days, can feel itchy. Yuck. By end of day, you can rub your makeup off in little balls with your fingers, if you are inclined to do so. haha.

Decant this product into a bottle with a finer spray nozzle, is my advice

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a very pro/con product. Lots to like about it, lots not to like. Overall, I came down on the side of not re-purchasing, but it's not without some good points. For reference, I have dry skin and I use this primarily for when I'm wearing a full face for events and want to look really polished (e.g. weddings, presentations for work). I would not be able to use this daily.

Pro: great price point, cruelty free brand, dries quickly, extends life of makeup really well (even non-waterproof mascara, in humidity)

Cons: very drying (alcohol?- I need some mega moisturizer after using this), clunky spritzer device will leave big drops on your face and/or all over your bathroom counter if you try to hold it further away, feels a little sticky on your face even when dry, like hairspray

I've used Skindinavia and UD's All-Nighter from the few time's I've had wedding makeup, and I think, in this case, it's worth it to spend a bit more. Could be more tolerable for those with more normal or combo/oily skin, do not recommend for dry.

I haven't used this product enough as a setting spray to give a review on that yet but what I will say is that theres another use to it! If you have an eyeshadow which has really poor pigmentation, hold your eyeshadow brush (preferably a blending/soft one) a few inches away from the bottle and spray it on your brush. Swatch it on the back of your hand to make sure the brush isn't too wet and then apply your eyeshadow with the brush! I tested this with a wet'n'wild eyeshadow and the difference was so good that I now use it even with my naked pallets and ingot eyeshadows! It gives a more intense pigmentation with a staying power as well- win, win! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have a bottle of this that is almost used up. I hadn't used any setting spray for a while--just got out of the habit. So I used it the other day and I was astonished at the end of the day how good my makeup still looked. Been using it everyday since. I don't think it gives my skin a dewy look when first applied or later in the day. Going to buy more of this for sure. A product that does what it claims to do and it's cheap. No need for a high end version. Works for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A year ago I bought the UD "all nighter" setting spray and promptly returned it after the first use- I didn't notice enough of a difference to justify the $35 price tag. That experience convinced me that setting sprays are a waste of money. But I recently bought this one because it was much cheaper, and I figured it couldn't hurt. And omg, how was I living without this stuff? I've been using it for a week, and I can't believe how much better my makeup looks and lasts! This totally keeps my makeup from getting cakey or dry looking throughout the day. I don't notice much of a glow, or really any "dewy-ness," but it makes my makeup look so much softer and more natural. After a 12+ day of makeup-wearing, my makeup is still perfect by the time I need to wash my face at night. I LOVE this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've used setting sprays from Urban Decay, E.L.F, MAC and many more and this is by far my favorite. The finish is not exactly "dewy" but it just makes your face looks flawless and luminous. There is no "glitter" or anything in it. It just gives you that fresh look, even if you caked on your powder just spray a lot more than normal and your makeup looks refreshed and flawless. You can do no wrong, and for the price it's worth the try! I love this setting spray and I will definitely repurchase. :)

Nothing special. I'm using Mac Fix + , I think it supposed to work the same way but it doesn't. To me this is a miss. I prefer Mac fix, it's the best spray so far. This spray is probably good if u have nothing to top up with. It doesn't result a dewy look at all, Mac fix does it for me. It has strong alcohol smell. I'm planning to finish it all up (quickly) and put some Macs fix juice into the bottle, for travel.

+ Also makeup sets better with Macs Fix. NYX spray just left weird rings round each pore, it also turned foundation to a orange color, strange.