NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

I love this setting spray! I picked it up at Ulta when NYX was BOGO 50% off. It makes my makeup last all day and looks very natural. I think the bottle will last me a long time, too. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this to replace the Pur one I was using because it was so much cheaper, but it's not the same. I do not get a dewy finish at all. It's matte and that's about it. I guess it sets my makeup, I don't notice a huge difference to be honest.

I am still on the hunt for a cheaper alternative and if I don't find one I guess I will stick with Pur or get UD. Before the spray the makeup i was wearing transferred to my phone, but after it didn't so much, so I guess that means it did set it somewhat.

I probably wont purchase again, but you never know. I don't like how it stayed matte, I like dewy because my skin is so dry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never used a setting spray before.

This didn't really do anything. Maybe it made my powder look a *smidge* less powdery but I don't apply a lot of powder anyway. I really wanted this as a way to make my makeup - particularly my TM last longer - on causal days when I just wear TM. It didn't help at all.

I was a little concerned about what "dewy" would look like because one person's "dewy" is another person's "greaseball". But it really didn't look any different than my foundation's satin finish.

I feel like I got majorly ripped off buying a spray bottle of water with some alchol (which I didn't know beforehand) in it.

NOT BUY again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

** Parent Company Tests On Animals **

ETA: This week NYX was sold to L'Oreal who conduct animal testing. I have adjusted my rating from 5 lippies to 1 in order to reflect this. I will not re-purchase.
ETA # 2: The dewy finish is minimal.. I've been wearing this every day for a few weeks now & while it does extend the longevity of my makeup the absence of dewiness lowers the Skindinavia dupe percentage to about 70%.

Previously I've used the unparalleled Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray which I feel unable to use now because I'm unsure whether it's sold in China (ie, tested on animals). Dare I quote him again..? The one & only gossmakeupartist reviewed this & said it's a dupe for Skindinavia Bridal Finish - I definitely agree it's a 90% dupe but a fraction of the cost. (Skindinavia is about $40 including postage, NYX Makeup Setting Spray is $15 from Target and I found it on another site for $8). I'll reiterate the main points of my Skindinavia review as they're basically the same: it keeps preserves the airbrushed finish I've applied in the AM right through to PM. It's also good to tone down the dry look of when you've used too much powder. This is the fourth type of setting spray I've tried & the nozzle is just right - it actually mists rather than squirts. Other brands' nozzles squirt a stream of liquid which is annoying & counter-productive. I haven't had an adverse reaction to this myself but other people might want to be aware of this product's faint smell of alcohol in case you have sensitive skin. Will definitely re-purchase!

I used this for a few months. It does not work as well as urban decay setting spray. I would pass on this in the future.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this setting spray! As I have been getting older, I've noticed that most medium/full coverage foundations tend to look masky and settle into my fine lines and pores. The problem I have with the more luminous and lighter foundations is that they don't offer as much coverage as I want. This dewy setting spray has solved my problem completely! I have a drawer FULL of heavier coverage foundations that I can now use without making myself look 10 years older! I only use maybe 4 squirts of this setting spray and it makes my complexion look flawless and gives me a healthy glow. It lasts the entire day and even helped prevent the mid-day oil slick in my t-zone. I don't know how I've lived without this amazing spray for so long!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm someone with oily skin but I just don't care for the matte foundation look. I have two great full coverage foundations but they can look too "done" and mask like. I tried spritzing water over these foundations but that really doesn't help the problem long term. I saw this NYX dewy setting spray at CVS and thought this could be the trick. I'm so happy I picked this up! It really does transform any mask like foundation into one that appears more natural. It doesn't actually give me a dewy look, it softens the harshness of the foundation. Another great quality about this setting spray is that it doesn't disturb any of my face makeup included mascara and liner. It doesn't make my makeup run or smear. Also, it doesn't irritate my skin or make me greasy. It feels so refreshing on the face too! For the price, you can't beat it! THUMBS UP and will repurchase this when I run out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this spray - its reasonably priced, I've dry skin +++ and I'm 40.
But my make up looks so caked & oxidised the few times I've used it.

I'm going to give it a few more tries & play around with application.....distance from face, amt I use etc. I will update my review if things change.

Until then.....don't waste your money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another MEH product. I love the idea of this, dewy setting spray but I don't love the actual product. I like so many others that aren't thrilled with this product suffer from desert dry skin. The last thing I want is for my face to look like a dried out raisin, which is what happens with this product. It goes on dewy but once dried my face is completely dried out and I even have dry skin flakes in some areas. I am guessing due to the high alcohol content. Yes my makeup does stay so much longer with this but the flakey dry out that comes along is not the intended look. If I can find another "dewy" setting spray I will def give it a try. Sad because I wanted this to be HG material and it just isn't.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've always had dry skin, and as I have gotten older I have found it almost impossible to wear powder. Even the gold standard Laura Mercier translucent loose tends to make my skin look dull. Skipping powder isn't really an option as I used oil based foundations and need powder to keep my foundation from transferring. I picked this up on a whim while at Target. I applied a couple of pumps after powdering my face and this really helped the powder melt into my foundation, and gave my skin a healthy natural glow. For the most part this spritzes out as a fine mist with the occasional drop. Takes about a minute to dry, and didn't cause my cream blush to streak or run. Locked in my makeup all day which was really nice. I think this increased the longevity of my makeup more so than a primer. Under $10 a bottle so it's very budget friendly.