NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Dewy Finish

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go to setting spray. I love the finish it gives my makeup and it gives my makeup better staying power.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes this goes on really flawlessly and makes me look dewy. But other times, it dries my skin out. Usually in the winter. It also makes my pores much more prominent. Everyone's skin is different, try it at least once.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've always had dry skin, and as I have gotten older I have found it almost impossible to wear powder. Even the gold standard Laura Mercier translucent loose tends to make my skin look dull. Skipping powder isn't really an option as I used oil based foundations and need powder to keep my foundation from transferring. I picked this up on a whim while at Target. I applied a couple of pumps after powdering my face and this really helped the powder melt into my foundation, and gave my skin a healthy natural glow. For the most part this spritzes out as a fine mist with the occasional drop. Takes about a minute to dry, and didn't cause my cream blush to streak or run. Locked in my makeup all day which was really nice. I think this increased the longevity of my makeup more so than a primer. Under $10 a bottle so it's very budget friendly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another MEH product. I love the idea of this, dewy setting spray but I don't love the actual product. I like so many others that aren't thrilled with this product suffer from desert dry skin. The last thing I want is for my face to look like a dried out raisin, which is what happens with this product. It goes on dewy but once dried my face is completely dried out and I even have dry skin flakes in some areas. I am guessing due to the high alcohol content. Yes my makeup does stay so much longer with this but the flakey dry out that comes along is not the intended look. If I can find another "dewy" setting spray I will def give it a try. Sad because I wanted this to be HG material and it just isn't.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this spray - its reasonably priced, I've dry skin +++ and I'm 40.
But my make up looks so caked & oxidised the few times I've used it.

I'm going to give it a few more tries & play around with application.....distance from face, amt I use etc. I will update my review if things change.

Until then.....don't waste your money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My makeup sets and lasts so much longer with this, and that is exactly what I wanted from this spray. Even keeps my eye makeup intact (although I do also use a separate eye primer). Fantastic. Just make sure not to overspray or it will make a mess of everything lol.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure that I like this. I feel like it makes my skin look worse... I've used it after I've done a full face and sprayed it and after it looks like my foundation starts clinging to my pores and bumps...

It could just be that the It Cosmetics CC and this don't get along? I could try it without foundation but if I'm not going for a full face I don't really care that much about my makeup staying intact all day. I might try this again with another foundation once the air gets less dry, but I doubt that my opinion will change very much. If it does, I'll be sure to update this review.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I myself prefer a dewy just woke up makeup look. Im not on the matte foundation train. I love the spray and how it dries and makes my skin smooth.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not terrible. I feel like I should want more - like there might be something better out there to suit my needs. But, considering this is my first foray into setting sprays (and into "dewy finishes, TBH), this fits the bill - inexpensive and didn't melt my flesh off.

I've been using powdered mineral makeup, and needed something that helped my makeup STAY, but also lessened the matte and "harshness" of the powder look. This worked. It does help my makeup stay, but it's not, like, miracle setting spray, nor does it give me that ethereal, wood nymph in the forest look that I think of when I hear the word, "dewy." Regardless, I'll keep using it and probably rebuy when it runs out.

Word to the wise, it DOES make the corners of my eyes sting a little if I spray it too close to my eyes. I usually just cover my eyes when I spray, anyways, because my eyelids are hella crabby and sensitive.

Been only using it a week, though sooo...maybe my wood nymph days will come soon? :-)

This is a very pro/con product. Lots to like about it, lots not to like. Overall, I came down on the side of not re-purchasing, but it's not without some good points. For reference, I have dry skin and I use this primarily for when I'm wearing a full face for events and want to look really polished (e.g. weddings, presentations for work). I would not be able to use this daily.

Pro: great price point, cruelty free brand, dries quickly, extends life of makeup really well (even non-waterproof mascara, in humidity)

Cons: very drying (alcohol?- I need some mega moisturizer after using this), clunky spritzer device will leave big drops on your face and/or all over your bathroom counter if you try to hold it further away, feels a little sticky on your face even when dry, like hairspray

I've used Skindinavia and UD's All-Nighter from the few time's I've had wedding makeup, and I think, in this case, it's worth it to spend a bit more. Could be more tolerable for those with more normal or combo/oily skin, do not recommend for dry.

Popular Primer/ Correctors