NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Dewy Finish

3.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure that I like this. I feel like it makes my skin look worse... I've used it after I've done a full face and sprayed it and after it looks like my foundation starts clinging to my pores and bumps...

It could just be that the It Cosmetics CC and this don't get along? I could try it without foundation but if I'm not going for a full face I don't really care that much about my makeup staying intact all day. I might try this again with another foundation once the air gets less dry, but I doubt that my opinion will change very much. If it does, I'll be sure to update this review.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I myself prefer a dewy just woke up makeup look. Im not on the matte foundation train. I love the spray and how it dries and makes my skin smooth.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not terrible. I feel like I should want more - like there might be something better out there to suit my needs. But, considering this is my first foray into setting sprays (and into "dewy finishes, TBH), this fits the bill - inexpensive and didn't melt my flesh off.

I've been using powdered mineral makeup, and needed something that helped my makeup STAY, but also lessened the matte and "harshness" of the powder look. This worked. It does help my makeup stay, but it's not, like, miracle setting spray, nor does it give me that ethereal, wood nymph in the forest look that I think of when I hear the word, "dewy." Regardless, I'll keep using it and probably rebuy when it runs out.

Word to the wise, it DOES make the corners of my eyes sting a little if I spray it too close to my eyes. I usually just cover my eyes when I spray, anyways, because my eyelids are hella crabby and sensitive.

Been only using it a week, though sooo...maybe my wood nymph days will come soon? :-)

This is a very pro/con product. Lots to like about it, lots not to like. Overall, I came down on the side of not re-purchasing, but it's not without some good points. For reference, I have dry skin and I use this primarily for when I'm wearing a full face for events and want to look really polished (e.g. weddings, presentations for work). I would not be able to use this daily.

Pro: great price point, cruelty free brand, dries quickly, extends life of makeup really well (even non-waterproof mascara, in humidity)

Cons: very drying (alcohol?- I need some mega moisturizer after using this), clunky spritzer device will leave big drops on your face and/or all over your bathroom counter if you try to hold it further away, feels a little sticky on your face even when dry, like hairspray

I've used Skindinavia and UD's All-Nighter from the few time's I've had wedding makeup, and I think, in this case, it's worth it to spend a bit more. Could be more tolerable for those with more normal or combo/oily skin, do not recommend for dry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Not too impressed, but I guess you get what you pay for. It does keep your makeup in place and last longer, but it comes with some problems. The mist is not uniform and a few larger droplets always end up on the face, leading to makeup breaking up and looking cakey on those affected spots. The dewy effect only seems to last for an hour at most; after that, it's pretty much just like any other (cheap) setting spray.

It was my first makeup setting spray. It is coming with a black plastic bottle and nozzle is not the best, not the worst either. When you are spraying on your face, you can feel immediately a film holding on your face. I felt like I have put a thin, transparent and shiny cover on my face. Unfortunately I am one of those who got small pimples after applying. So I am using it just for increasing intense of my eye shadows, which is working nicely.

Smell was too harsh, the mist was inconsistent- huge droplets will get mixed in with the fine mist which took forever to dry down. The dewy effect was nice but temporary. My eyeliner runs when ever I spray this on so I just apply liner after I've set my face. It set my blush and bronzer well and lasted the whole day. I have stopped using it as I started to get pimples on my cheeks which I never used to have.

I love this stuff. It makes my skin look healthy and fresh. It goes on light and unlike some setting sprays I've used before it doesn't leave my skin feeling like there's a film on it. I've noticed some people don't like the smell of it but I honestly don't notice it at all.

I wanted to like this but could not get past the awful smell. Ugh, it's seriously that bad. I tried to get past and just hold my breath. Then I just tossed it in the trash bin. It was inexpensive so I didn't feel too bad. But still, it really needs to be addressed. It could be a great product. I've heard others complain about the same issue so I know it was not just a bad bottle. I'll move on to the Sally Beauty Supply Spray and Stay. It's been great!

This spray really gives you a nice healthy glow which comes in useful if your skin is looking a bit dry after foundation powder blusher etc it's a bargain too