NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

4.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this mainly to dampen my sponges or to cocktail with other setting sprays. On its own on my combo skin it is a little too dewy, but if I mix it with a matte setting spray, it gives a more natural finish. I'd assume that it is better straight-up on drier skinned makeup users. While it isn't my favorite on its own, it has its uses, and I probably will repurchase and continue to use it as I have described since it is easily accessible and very affordable.

I used this for a while, then stopped but I'm not sure why. However I also have returned to my biggest issue of my makeup looking awful by 10 am. (my skin has challenged every makeup application of my life by allowing all carefully applied looks to disappear into that awful slick-faced greasefest by 10 am, and forget any blush I put on being there either). I hate powdery looking skin but equally hate greasy looks. I want matte/dewy.

My BBs, CCs, foundations I've tried this year have been pretty good, but not lasting. Still the mid morning letdown. I re-read Kevyn Aucoin's book Face Forward and tried a few of his tips. This week I began using a lighter moisturizer, dusting with powder *before* foundation, and using Maybelline Age Rewind Spot Eraser Concealer and Treatment as my concealer and dab it around and blend as my foundation (yes), then another light dusting of powder. I finished the rest of my makeup and then I picked up this bottle and thought, why don't I use this anymore? I couldn't think why. I was happy to rediscover it produced a nice fine mist. I applied it very sparingly.

Well holy cow! I had the best makeup day that I can remember in a long time. This was not only a testament to the new steps I'm doing and the Age Rewind use, but also to this spray, because I didn't use it today and the results weren't quite as wonderful (i.e. I actually had to blot today).

I did not have to blot or reapply anything all day long the day I used this spray though! Through 30 degree (c) heat, and several "flame on"s (hot flashes) my makeup stayed matte (oh yay MATTE!), fresh, true in tone, no visible pores, and even my blush stayed put. All day! And not flat matte but a natural skin matte. A minor miracle. Driving home I touched my cheeks, expecting to feel the usual sweaty greasy layer I usually have at any given time, and my face was soft and smooth and dry (as in normal feeling skin). Could this be true!? I felt like I had won the lottery! That day I had taken a before (am) picture and one when I got home and compared them. Considering I hadn't had to fix or blot or reapply my makeup at all that day, it was amazing that I was still matte and soft and polished looking and still had my makeup in place. I will continue using this spray as part of my new regime!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have a bottle of this that is almost used up. I hadn't used any setting spray for a while--just got out of the habit. So I used it the other day and I was astonished at the end of the day how good my makeup still looked. Been using it everyday since. I don't think it gives my skin a dewy look when first applied or later in the day. Going to buy more of this for sure. A product that does what it claims to do and it's cheap. No need for a high end version. Works for me.

Hurray for this stuff! I bought a bottle at Ulta and went back the next day to get another to have a backup.
I do my complete makeup, spray my face quite a bit.. it's damp all over. Then I use my blow dryer on the lowest coolest setting and let it 'set' the setting spray. It kind of 'melds' with what's on my face and gives the loveliest finish.
My makeup does not move all day. Not even a smidge.
I can wear makeup for an extended time, come home and use a makeup remover cloth and it comes away just loaded with makeup. Because it's all still there, even hours later.
Plus, it's less than ten dollars!
I haven't used any of the expensive ones because I don't have a need to. I like the way my face looks with this on, and I like that my makeup is SET for the day. So why pay more? Did I mention it's less than ten dollars? :)