NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The name of this product is misleading. I do not get a dewy finish whatsoever. I even sprayed one side with this and the other side with UD's setting spray and there was no difference in dewiness. Also the nozzle sucks and would shoot out huge droplets at a time. I ended up pouring it into a different bottle. However, I must say, it does set my makeup really well and makes it last longer. No noticeable chemically scent either. I probably wouldn't repurchase this dewy one again, but plan on trying the matte setting spray by NYX next. I bought mine at Ulta. $7.99 for 2 oz.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go to setting spray. I love the finish it gives my makeup and it gives my makeup better staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've always had dry skin, and as I have gotten older I have found it almost impossible to wear powder. Even the gold standard Laura Mercier translucent loose tends to make my skin look dull. Skipping powder isn't really an option as I used oil based foundations and need powder to keep my foundation from transferring. I picked this up on a whim while at Target. I applied a couple of pumps after powdering my face and this really helped the powder melt into my foundation, and gave my skin a healthy natural glow. For the most part this spritzes out as a fine mist with the occasional drop. Takes about a minute to dry, and didn't cause my cream blush to streak or run. Locked in my makeup all day which was really nice. I think this increased the longevity of my makeup more so than a primer. Under $10 a bottle so it's very budget friendly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another MEH product. I love the idea of this, dewy setting spray but I don't love the actual product. I like so many others that aren't thrilled with this product suffer from desert dry skin. The last thing I want is for my face to look like a dried out raisin, which is what happens with this product. It goes on dewy but once dried my face is completely dried out and I even have dry skin flakes in some areas. I am guessing due to the high alcohol content. Yes my makeup does stay so much longer with this but the flakey dry out that comes along is not the intended look. If I can find another "dewy" setting spray I will def give it a try. Sad because I wanted this to be HG material and it just isn't.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this spray - its reasonably priced, I've dry skin +++ and I'm 40.
But my make up looks so caked & oxidised the few times I've used it.

I'm going to give it a few more tries & play around with application.....distance from face, amt I use etc. I will update my review if things change.

Until then.....don't waste your money.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm someone with oily skin but I just don't care for the matte foundation look. I have two great full coverage foundations but they can look too "done" and mask like. I tried spritzing water over these foundations but that really doesn't help the problem long term. I saw this NYX dewy setting spray at CVS and thought this could be the trick. I'm so happy I picked this up! It really does transform any mask like foundation into one that appears more natural. It doesn't actually give me a dewy look, it softens the harshness of the foundation. Another great quality about this setting spray is that it doesn't disturb any of my face makeup included mascara and liner. It doesn't make my makeup run or smear. Also, it doesn't irritate my skin or make me greasy. It feels so refreshing on the face too! For the price, you can't beat it! THUMBS UP and will repurchase this when I run out.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this setting spray! As I have been getting older, I've noticed that most medium/full coverage foundations tend to look masky and settle into my fine lines and pores. The problem I have with the more luminous and lighter foundations is that they don't offer as much coverage as I want. This dewy setting spray has solved my problem completely! I have a drawer FULL of heavier coverage foundations that I can now use without making myself look 10 years older! I only use maybe 4 squirts of this setting spray and it makes my complexion look flawless and gives me a healthy glow. It lasts the entire day and even helped prevent the mid-day oil slick in my t-zone. I don't know how I've lived without this amazing spray for so long!

I used this for a few months. It does not work as well as urban decay setting spray. I would pass on this in the future.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

** Parent Company Tests On Animals **

ETA: This week NYX was sold to L'Oreal who conduct animal testing. I have adjusted my rating from 5 lippies to 1 in order to reflect this. I will not re-purchase.
ETA # 2: The dewy finish is minimal.. I've been wearing this every day for a few weeks now & while it does extend the longevity of my makeup the absence of dewiness lowers the Skindinavia dupe percentage to about 70%.

Previously I've used the unparalleled Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Setting Spray which I feel unable to use now because I'm unsure whether it's sold in China (ie, tested on animals). Dare I quote him again..? The one & only gossmakeupartist reviewed this & said it's a dupe for Skindinavia Bridal Finish - I definitely agree it's a 90% dupe but a fraction of the cost. (Skindinavia is about $40 including postage, NYX Makeup Setting Spray is $15 from Target and I found it on another site for $8). I'll reiterate the main points of my Skindinavia review as they're basically the same: it keeps preserves the airbrushed finish I've applied in the AM right through to PM. It's also good to tone down the dry look of when you've used too much powder. This is the fourth type of setting spray I've tried & the nozzle is just right - it actually mists rather than squirts. Other brands' nozzles squirt a stream of liquid which is annoying & counter-productive. I haven't had an adverse reaction to this myself but other people might want to be aware of this product's faint smell of alcohol in case you have sensitive skin. Will definitely re-purchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've never used a setting spray before.

This didn't really do anything. Maybe it made my powder look a *smidge* less powdery but I don't apply a lot of powder anyway. I really wanted this as a way to make my makeup - particularly my TM last longer - on causal days when I just wear TM. It didn't help at all.

I was a little concerned about what "dewy" would look like because one person's "dewy" is another person's "greaseball". But it really didn't look any different than my foundation's satin finish.

I feel like I got majorly ripped off buying a spray bottle of water with some alchol (which I didn't know beforehand) in it.

NOT BUY again.