NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This setting spray is ok. I don't notice a difference between this and the matte one. It doesn't really have a smell and doesn't leave a dewy finish. It does help keep my makeup in place. I really like the mister on this one. I've even kept a few bottles after I've finished them because I like the mister so much. It's a very fine and even mist. Maybe even the best nozzle at the drugstore. I buy this because it is on sale or nyx has a special offer going on and I need something else from the brand.

Wet n Wild is more dewy, but smells like Purell (mister is ok). My all time fave is Pixi Rose Fixing Mist. It locks makeup in place, has a dewy finish, pleasant smell, and has a nice mister (not as fine as nyx). The only con with Pixi is the $15 price tag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

update: Don't waste your money. Doesn't help with the longevity at all, and if it does, it's not enough of a difference really. The price isn't that great as well when you think of how it won't last you that long. What I do with this is to spray it UNDER foundation/before applying the foundation, and it does something...I think. I add another spray that keeps my makeup on longer on top of the foundation so I can't tell if this is actually doing something but someone told me it helps a bit using it under foundation so I guess I'll keep doing that, plus it makes super dry foundations a bit easier to blend (not as effective as using oil but I have to use this up somehow).

I bought this on a whim not expecting much and it performed somewhat above my expectations. It does keep makeup on a long time - my highlight stayed perfect 9 hours later when it usually vanishes by then and my blush seemed to still be there however the problem is what it does to your foundation. I use studio fix by mac and it takes away some of the beautiful finish as well taking away a bit of makeup or making it a bit more sheer if you spray a lot which makes sense cause the same thing would happen if you sprayed any liquid like this or water excessively after applying makeup.

All in all I would recommend but I would say stick with the matte one cause that may preserve the finish of matte foundations so many people love. I got dewy because my skin is dry and I kinda wish I didn't.

Also to add , this bottle is kinda expensive for the product you get. I'm already halfway through within two months but I use it maybe once ever two weeks. I would try to get a finer spray nozzle cause the one that comes with this sprays it so that you use a lot. For ten bucks on a bottle that wouldn't last me a month of everyday use the price isn't as nice as it seems.

The good thing about this is the packaging and that's because the plastic used can be recycled and after realizing how much packaging is used in makeup it's nice to know it won't go to waste and can be reused.

So far so good! I've only used this a couple times but I'm kind of amazed by how good it is. I've never been into setting sprays because I once tried a sample of the UD all nighter and it didn't do anything so I assumed I didn't need the extra step. I bought this because I wanted my skin to look refreshed and less cakey after putting on makeup, and whenever I use it my makeup stays on all day without looking oily, even though I have super oily skin. When you first use it, it gives a little bit of dew but not a lot. And then the rest of the day your makeup stays put. If you have oily/combo skin, don't be afraid to try this!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this I always use this with my mac charged water I have plenty bottles of this product helps make up stay on

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my current everyday setting spray. For my dry skin, it gives me a dewy finish, intensifies my highlight and keeps my makeup on throughout my work shifts. The only down side is it doesn't make powders blend seamlessly into your skin. Other than that, I think it's a great product for the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes this goes on really flawlessly and makes me look dewy. But other times, it dries my skin out. Usually in the winter. It also makes my pores much more prominent. Everyone's skin is different, try it at least once.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure that I like this. I feel like it makes my skin look worse... I've used it after I've done a full face and sprayed it and after it looks like my foundation starts clinging to my pores and bumps...

It could just be that the It Cosmetics CC and this don't get along? I could try it without foundation but if I'm not going for a full face I don't really care that much about my makeup staying intact all day. I might try this again with another foundation once the air gets less dry, but I doubt that my opinion will change very much. If it does, I'll be sure to update this review.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Not too impressed, but I guess you get what you pay for. It does keep your makeup in place and last longer, but it comes with some problems. The mist is not uniform and a few larger droplets always end up on the face, leading to makeup breaking up and looking cakey on those affected spots. The dewy effect only seems to last for an hour at most; after that, it's pretty much just like any other (cheap) setting spray.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried a variety of setting sprays and have always ended up with Mac Studio Fix. I really wanted to try something cruelty free but obviously something that worked. This product is definitely that. It sets my makeup all day and has a beautiful glowy finish that is perfect for drier skin. it enhances my highliters like no other! For the price you can't go wrong. The only con is I wish the spray was a finer mist.

So I'm pretty new in the setting spray scene so I have nothing to compare this to, but I have to say so far I'm pretty damn impressed. This gives such a beautiful glow without looking shiny or greasy, and it helps to freeze my makeup when I first apply it and when it looks great. Obviously my makeup still goes a bit odd by the end of the day, but I find this is also really good for refreshing it when it starts to go a bit dodgy. I found it to be a super great product and I love it so much, I've been getting so many compliments on my makeup and the seamlessness of it which has never happened before. It really does make my foundation look beautiful, but it looks natural as well. I'd really really recommend this :) Definitely better than powder in my opinion, absolutely my holy grail makeup item :)