Elta MD UV Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 45

No Image

4.5

on 10/17/2017 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sunscreen is great, the only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because it has a slight white cast (though it's hardly noticeable) and the fact that I don't know what the level of UVA rating is. I have bought this sunscreen over ten times probably though. I love that this sunscreen is frangrance-free, oil-free, paraben-free, sentivity-free and noncomedogenic. It doesn't sting my eyes like most sunscreens and feels nice on like it is slightly moisturizing, while most sunscreens I find to be more harsh. I may try other sunscreens, but UV Shield will always hold a place in my heart. <3

on 2/27/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this sunscreen. It isn't heavy, has no smell and blends in easily. This doesn't leave my combo skin greasy looking, irritate my skin and eyes or break me out. I also like their clear formula for acne prone skin but this is less drying and a tad creamier although still extremely light wearing. I don't get a white cast when wearing this but I like to blend this with a drop of Bronze Goddess bronzing liquid and a drop of my regular foundation in the palm of my hand. I can adjust the color as needed and it wears like a custom TM with no transfer issues like I sometimes get with my regular TM especially in heat or humidity. If I'm wearing alone or blended with bronzer I like to set this with powder, either silica or a tinted finishing powder if I want extra coverage for a nice dewy natural look. This stays put almost as well as the old Shesido for the face but is not water proof. I always make sure I remove this thoroughly in the evenings to prevent clogged pores and break outs. Not cheap at around $24 for a 3oz squeeze tube but worth it. This is also one of the few sunscreens that qualifies as an MSA purchase so I was able to stock up at the end of the year with money I had left that wouldn't roll over.