Nuance by Salma Hayek White Clay Mask

No Image

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a white clay mask made of Kaolin and bentonite clay with added beneficial herbals. It's not really the kind of traditional clay mask that hardens tight on your face but more of a deep cleaning plus some moisture mask for balancing the skin. It works very well for my sensitive/Combo/Dehydrated and hormonal breakout skin. Finding good balance plus good ingredients that won't harm my delicate skin is very hard. I think this is definitely one the better clay masks you can get in a drugstore. It's non drying to the skin, but makes your skin a little more clear, less congested and smoother. It's not a slam dunk type product for me but I really don't like shelling out money for Dermalogica masks which are my favorite. The only other mask you can find in drugstores are Queen Helene (Too much menthol for me) and Freemans which do nothing. The choices at lower price points are almost nil. But this mask is very similiar to some of the older Clarins masks I used to use which they no longer make. I love Clarins but my pocketbook hates them, so I'm using all of Salma's products now and so far, so good.

The mask has really good and healthy ingredients and I like her stance on using as natural as possible additives that have beneficial healing properties. Those that have severe acne may want to look elseweare But I do believe that she targeted her line to women 30-55 and those going into perimenopause and get hormonal breakouts and in general have changing skin. I think she achieved that very well. The mask is gentle, didnt rip my face off and left it feeling cleaner and fresher. My pores do look smaller after two treatments but I am suing her whole clarity line plus her firming moisturizer.

Overall, nice mask, has a high end feel to it with a upper level drugstore price. Her products go on sale quite often and that's a good time to try them out. You can always return them if you don't like them.