4.3

price range

Reviews

Created with Sketch.

7 years ago

I have yet to be disappointed with a single product from budget makeup brand Collection 2000 and this primer was no exception. I have sensitive, oily/combination skin and was looking for an affordable primer to keep my foundation looking good, my oiliness under control and my skin from being irritated, whilst not costing a fortune. I loved Clarins' Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch but at £26 for a tiny pot I really need something more affordable for everyday wear. Primed & Ready costs £5.99 from Boots and Superdrug, packaged in an 18ml matte black and pink squeezy tube. A silicone-based primer, it is clear, jelly-like and only needs to be used in a small amount to cover the entire face. After being disappointed with E.L.F's Mineral Infused Face Primer, I was worried that this too would make my face greasy and slippery as the consistencies of both products are so similar. But as you can imagine, I was very pleased when it dried within 10-20 seconds into a smooth, soft base for my foundation which applied smoothly and evenly as hoped, even on top of my oil-free moisturiser (Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit) which tends to leave inferior primers a sticky mess. I've been wearing this primer every day for the last two weeks and I'm so pleased with the results. My generally oily skin stays under control amazingly well - I've been using Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation with either Bobbi Brown sheer loose powder or Rimmel's Stay Matte on top and find myself covering up shiny bits with powder much less frequently because I don't even need to - amazing! Today I've even been wearing my makeup for 8 hours and still haven't reached for the powder which is nothing short of a miracle for me. Only two minor cons here - the packaging isn't the best quality (the plastic lid feels a bit weak), and you only get 18ml in a tube, which I suppose keeps the price down to fit this product into the main collection. Nothing major which would even make me question going to Boots and stocking up on it. Although the packaging says you can wear it by itself, personally I don't have the skin for that and would highly recommend it to be used under foundation for best results. I'm delighted to have found an affordable primer which actually does a good job - I prefer the texture of Clarins' primer in application but performance-wise Primed & Ready does just as an amazing job, and for less than a quarter of the price!

About reviewer (183 reviews)

Age19-24