Badger Badger Damascus Rose Antioxidant Face Oil

4.9

Not tested on animals

*Jojoba Oil, *Baobab Oil, *Pomegranate Oil, Essential Oils of *Lavender, *Rose Otto, and *Roman Chamomile, and CO2 Extracts of *Rosa Canina (Rosehip), *Seabuckthorn, and *Calendula. *= Certified Organic

on 8/7/2016 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The Badger Damascus Rose was my first facial oil ever, and boy am I sold. Initially I had my doubts, since I have combination skin that is pretty extreme, it's both dry and very oily in different places, whilst it says "For Dry/Delicate Skin" right there on the box. Still, I have no problem with it whatsoever.
It's true that it takes the skin some time to get used to it. When I first started, it didn't absorb into my skin at all. It just floated on top of it and felt so uncomfortably greasy that I had to blot my face and most of the oil came right off on the napkin. But my skin gradually warmed up to it, and it absorbs the oil pretty fast, a bit slower than normal moisturiser but it's definitely gone. After about 15 minutes it's pretty much all soaked in, if I blot my face, hardly anything comes off (I can tell, visually the napkin hardly changes colour, and because of the scent - I can't smell much of the very pleasant chamomile scent on it at all). My skin is supple and radiant with this on, my pore are more visually acceptable, I love it. Once fully absorbed, the scent is also gone, which I think is a real pity because I enjoy it so much. I can apply makeup directly on top it it with no problem, the staying power is not affected, but the finish is usually much nicer, smoother and has a bit more sheen than normal. The makeup doesn't gather on my dry patches as much and glides better on my more textured area.
I don't use it on a regular schedule or anything (mostly because I'm forgetful and lazy), but averagely about 1-2 times a week. I tend to use it more during the day than night, because the look and feel of it on my skin is so wonderful, I wouldn't want to miss that. I will use it quite consistently on cold, dry winter night though. Another occasion where I'll make use of it is after an hormone-induced breakout (after the acnes are gone) to helps the scars heals and fade.
I usually wash my face, but no towel dry, I let my face air dry and absorb as much water as it can. If that's still not satisfying, I'll spray on some more hydrating mist until I feel my skin holds enough moisture in there as possible. Then I put half a pump of the oil between my palms, rub them together and pat it on my face, just pat pat and literally slap it on, paying more attention to the dryer patches. I spread what's left down my neck and chest because weirdly enough, my chest is dryer than the skin around it. The effect of the oil lasts on my all day/night, even after I rinse my face in water (it won't be able to stand a proper face wash though). I've accidentally left it on more than 8-10 hours without washing my face it save for the extra grease I always produce, I've never gotten an acne from this. In fact, I always feel as if my skin is more moderate, more regulated in a way, it doesn't produce as much oil since it has no needs to with this on top.
For what it does, the price point of this oil is absolutely fabulous. I can't get my hands on this easily, so I'm itching to repurchase it, but this small 30ml bottle have lasted me much longer than I expected. I'm afraid if I bought another one, it'll expire in the mean time. The only complains I have about this oil is all about the packaging. The bottle is made of glass, but it seems thin and very fragile, I've never dare to bring it on trips with me. The glass is also not tinted, but Badger doesn't say the oil should be stored in the shade away from direct lighting or anything, it still doesn't put my worry head to rest. The pump is a pain in the neck to control, it took me forever to learn how to get the right pressing motion to get exactly how much i wanted to use out of the pump. The oil also drips out of the pump and gather around the nozzle and in the cap too, not much but over time it's kinda annoying. Other than that, I'm very happy with this product, and will buy another in a heartbeat if I run out/lose or drop it.

on 4/30/2016 9:26:00 PM

silky so far, does not exacerbate breakouts

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I made sure to use a whole container of this oil before I made my review and YES! This is my HG nighttime moisturizer. It seems to have just the right amount of jojoba, baobab (the HUGE funny looking trees in Africa) and Rose oil. I have never broken out from it. It DOES take a bit to soak in but what I like to do it get the ball rolling by spraying on my toner (Andalou 1000 Roses) then really massaging this into my skin. I only use it at night and for my normal, sensitive skin this is all the moisture I need. Good stuff!

on 3/30/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this oil. Its called a rose oil but I get a really strong whiff of chamomile which I find quite pleasant. It's the first time I've used an oil on my face and I've been using it for 2 weeks. I was previously using a BHA gel, Estee Lauder's ANR serum and then my Clarins night cream. Since I've discovered this oil, I've stopped buying the gel and the serum and now I'm thinking of droppping the night cream. Yes really! I find that for me, this oil is best applied as a tiny drop or two to damp skin at night. In the morning my face looks incredibly even and calm and well...like its breathing and not smothered in products. My skin's texture is just so much more refined and looks far more balanced than the crazy t-zone I had before. I don't have any wrinkles yet but my skin looks and feels incredibly satiny smooth. Its shifting from summer to autumn where I live and I find that the oil alone is sufficient as a night time treatment. I notice that if I attempt to slather on some extra night cream over my face after applying the oil, I wake up with a zit. Yes even if I wait for the oil to absorb first. I believe that this may change as the weather gets icy cold and the extra moisture is required. Price wise, this is dirt cheap compared to the hundreds I was paying in high-end skin care products. Its a really economical and eco-friendly way to maintain your skin and still get excellent results. I would recommend that if you have dry or mature skin to use a moisturiser over this oil. However I think oily and combo skin can still benefit from using the oil alone at night. I don't recommend using this oil during the day unless you're wearing a sunscreen. Packaging - I like the pump method. However with it being an oil and prone to getting to rancid, I would have preferred a tinted bottle rather than the clear one its usually packaged in. Its possible that Badger doesn't think the tinted glass is required since its packaged in a box. In conclusion, I may end up buying this oil again. We have some awesome local eco-friendly skincare brands here in South Africa and I'd love to try them as well before I commit myself to Badger.

on 2/2/2015 10:06:00 AM

I love love love this product. It is so lovely to apply, a real sensual experience: it feels and smells amazing going on, and turns your skin into velvet rose petals. The ingredients are very nourishing to skin, sourced organically etc etc.

I have naturally oily skin and use a lot of oils in my skin care for clarity and balance. I use this as my nighttime moisturizer (I use it in the morning too, but only a few drops mixed in with a traditional moisturizer) and have never experienced increased oil production, breakouts, or ANYTHING other than clear, glowy, hydrated skin. And I paid like $13 for it on Amazon. And it'll last forever. Provides a nice base for mineral foundation too -- I don't know why...but it does.

I've tried a lot of facial oils, from homemade mixes to higher-end Dr. Hauschka and I think this Badger oil is the most bang for your buck. It's only a little bit more $$$ than creating your own and the results have been on par with more expensive products. This combined with Andalou products and mandelic acid have given me the best skin of my life, no joke! I'm majorly acne prone, too.

The packaging is cute and fairly secure for an oil, which is hardly ever the case.

on 10/26/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am in love with this product. The smell is amazing and my skin has never looked better. It is absolutely heavenly.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

OMG, I love this stuff. This is my favorite product ever! I have combination skin and practically everything breaks me out so I was leery to try an oil on my skin. This lovely rose-scented oil does not clog my pores, is hydrating and soothing to my combination skin. I use this twice a day on my face, neck and hands, one pump is all I need applied to damp skin. I cannot believe how much better my skin looks and feels now that I am finally getting a layer of moisture on top. I like the simple ingredients, no preservatives, the hygenic pump glass bottle and easy-on-the wallet price tag. And, Badger uses real essential oils of rose, chamomile and lavender, all of which are beneficial to the skin. No fake fragrance in this bottle, just a light rose herbal scent. Nice, nice, nice! Wish there were more products like this available.

on 6/29/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm a big fan of face oils (my favorite being Dr.Alkaitis) but most are super pricey......until now. This antioxidant face oil is amazing! It smells really nice. Not completely rose. More like a mix of herbal and floral. It absorbs nicely into my dry skin without leaving me looking shiny. Super moisturizing while not clogging pores. I use it day and night (under the matching Damascus Beauty Balm at night). When I wake up in the morning my skin looks better (can't really explain it). Kinda like my skin is getting more circulation or something? IDK. I'm reeeeeally happy that I discovered this product. It's so good.

on 5/8/2014 2:52:00 PM

I love this product! I have combination skin that is starting to age. This product smells lovely, if you like the smell of roses. The product does stay oily on the face for a while but eventually soaks in. It does not aggravate my acne and it makes my skin feel supple. I apply it at night and day. I use it with my Dermawand. I have stopped buying moisturizers because I don't need them when I use this. I like that I am not applying a bunch of chemicals to my face.

on 12/27/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm so sad that I have to write this review. I got this several months ago. After 1 night of use, my skin broke out. I was going thru some diet changes so I wasn't sure that this was to blame. But after trying at least 6 times, it's definitely this product that is breaking me out. NOOOO!!!! This is so pretty. I loved using it. One pump is enough to cover face & neck. Only $12 on iHerb. IDK if I want to part with it. I know I should pass it on but I am holding out hope that one day it will work for me

UPDATE: And that day came! I realized that my breakouts were because I had been skipping my daily glass of hot water with lemon. So I started doing that again & my breakouts stopped. I tentatively started using this again & it's been working perfectly. I finished the bottle & am pondering ordering another one (or I might splurge & get the Pai Rosehip Oil).