Design Essentials Natural Daily moisturizing Lotion

Price: $

on 12/26/2017 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

4c hair types, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS if you're looking for moisture. When you put it in your hand is slippery as if it's our silicone. I used just a little on my damp hair as I finger detangling. As my hair for dryer it got crunchier so much so that it felt like a light gel. By the time it was dry neither comb or my fingers could get through my hair. It was just a knotted, dry coated mess. This was after washing my usual way (weekly with Dr Bronners soap) and having it feel soft, light and healthy. This product is going in the trash. If you want something from the same brand that really incredibly softens and detangles your hair purchase Design Essentials Curling Custard with honey and chamomile. Knots will slip out easily and if you braid your hair it will also leave a light soft hold when it's completely dry to make the braids last longer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this on sale at Sally's and couldn't wait to try it out. It is silicone-free, paraben-free, and paraffin-free. You can use it on dry or wet hair though I like to use it more on my wet hair. It contains jojoba oil, olive oil, and cocoa butter but is very light-weight and doesn't leave any residue. It has a fruity scent that reminds me of a lighter version of Victoria Secret's love spell spray. The scent is not my favorite, but is tolerable. My hair felt moisturized and soft and I thought it gave my curls more control. It is glycerine based so those that don't like glycerine may not like this. You can layer this under the matching defining creme gel which I thought was decent.