Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal
Ambient Lighting Powder in EtherealAmbient Lighting Powder in EtherealAmbient Lighting Powder in Ethereal

3.6

Ethereal Light Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

I'm disappointed with this finishing powder, it doesn't have any hold and it makes my foundation turn into a weird shiny yet cakey texture.

on 2/25/2017 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I suspect this product is for those lucky women with perfect skin. I am really disappointed in how waxy it makes my skin look. Yes, I used it as a finishing powder as directed. And, yes, I am an older woman. It certainly is not for me. I bought Guerlain Meterorites at the same time and find the Guerlain perfect for me. Yes, the packaging is very elegant. Its home is now in my overflow, unused make up drawer. :(

on 1/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

This is my favorite finishing powder. I bought the ethereal light shade because it's light. It sets my foundation nicely and gives a nice smoothing effect. There's no glitter or shimmer in this. It's very subtle. I have to wait until my foundation is completely dry before applying this powder or else it will cake up on in spots.

I was stuck between this and Diffused light awhile ago and I purchased Diffused. But I still really wanted Ethereal Light so I finally purchased it and I love it! I'm very pale NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference, I like to buff this in after my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless. It's smooth, luminous, and even toned. It seriously just makes my skin look better. A my skin but better powder in my case. This has the least amount of Pearl in it so if you don't want that this is a good one to go with especially my fellow pale ladies. I find it just makes pale skin even prettier.:)

Yes, this is pricey but it works I still have enough Diffused light to use for a few months and I got it 2 years ago. So I use this almost daily but it does last. So in my mind it's worth it. I love what these powders do to the skin. This one gives a moonlit glow and I know my skin looks glow-y and luminous. So I am very happy with this powder. Packaging is lovely and use a soft brush because the powder is very soft imo. A soft brush makes it last longer I find and for me buffing it in after foundation or as a finishing powder is what works for me. I really love this stuff! Recommended.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my HG finishing powder. I use it every day all over my face (I am very pale). It gives a wonderful blurred highlighted finish, literally like a moonlit glow. It is so finely milled, and feels lovely on my skin (oily). I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love love love this powder!

It's a very light yellow toned butter soft powder with tiny shiny particles. The effect on my skin tone nc18 is Cate Blanchett like. It's the perfect finishing powder for dry skin days, cloudy days and the winter. It controls oils on my skin for some hours. It doesn't dry my skin out or sticks to my dry areas. I love the effect, the name ethereal light is perfect.

First of all, I am super, super, super pale.

This product is only slightly lighter than my skin tone.

Second, I HATE powder.

I like my skin to be dewy and natural looking, and since my skin is fairly dry, setting powders have always been the bane of my existence. I hate cakey looking makeup and I'd rather have my makeup melt off entirely than have an obvious looking powder on my face.

I say this because I love this powder, and I want you all to understand what a big deal that is!

I have finally found a powder that sets my under eye concealer and the foundation around my nose and jawline in a way that doesn't look at all like powder. Maybe it's the glowiness of this product, or just that it's super finely milled, but it just disappears into my skin and leaves my complexion looking perfected.

It gives me about eight hours of staying powder, slightly more if I use a setting spray.

I've heard this product described as the "powder for people who hate powder" and that couldn't be more true.

While it was a pretty big hit to my bank account, you get a ton of product in beautiful packaging that has the satisfying weight of a luxury product, and I am absolutely thrilled to have found it.

on 1/21/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have all 6 of these and this is one of my least favorites, along with Diffused Light. This is described as an opalescent sheer, cool white powder that mimics a moonlit glow, even in broad daylight. I just really don't have a use for it as it's too light as a setting powder and too matte as a highlight. Furthermore I think it's easily dupe-able.

Today, I purchased the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light for the second time. I usually never purchase something twice because I'm always trying new items. I'm 53 years old and this really brightens my complexion. The quality is very high-end. I sampled a few of the other shades in Sephora, but nothing is as impressive as the Ethereal Light on my fair/light skin.

on 4/20/2015 3:57:00 PM

I did consider buying one more of these just in case they discontinue it :p I love this finishing powder, it is so subtle and doesn't show any shimmer on the skin (not that it's supposed to) but it gives a very very nice glow. I purchased this because I was trying to find a dupe for the trio-palette Hourglass has and specifically the incandescent powder but didn't want to repurchase the palette as I'm using Radiant as a bronzer and Dim Light as a finishing powder only rarely -dim light smooths out my skin discoloration but I prefer Ethereal and Incandescent for an over all glow.
Amazing products though.