Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner

Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner

3.9

Not tested on animals

If you're looking for good liquid eyeliners, I'd suggest these, pretty good price and they come in tons of colors. I really like mine, I have 2 diff colors.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have mine in Black Vinyl, and I call this eyeliner my "Big Kahuna" eyeliner. This stuff wears like IRON. Like literal IRON. I have worn this for over 30 hours through sleeping in on a weekend (shameful, I know!), and it stayed on perfectly, even though I rubbed my eyes that morning. This is the kind of eyeliner that flakes off on removal, so you know it's a physical-presence eyeliner that stays on great. I have actually (on a separate occasion, lol) forgotten to take this off before a shower, and through the shower, this stuff stayed on - so I would almost say this would be safe to wear through swimming. The color is a dark, dark black that does dry shiny. Typically I actually set this with a matte black shadow, which just adds to the intensity of it's long wear, because I prefer the matte look. The tip is a little difficult to get used to, it can be hard to apply on the inner third of your eye because it's a thicker, nonflexible tip. The formula is so liquid, though, that I can use the tip to just "press" or "dot" it on my lash line, and that way of application works for me. I also find that the tip itself is short, so it's easy to just press the shape onto my lid to get a perfect wing. Ultimately, this isn't an eyeliner I'd wear every day, because it's so long wearing and takes a little more effort to get it off (I use coconut oil and it's fine, just needs extra time/swiping with a cotton ball). If you have oily lids and can't get anything to stay on your lids without transfer, try this. If you're a swimmer even, try this. (Not guaranteeing that it's swim-proof but I have a pretty good hunch.) It's fairly inexpensive, comes in many colors, and again, it wears like IRON.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/29/2015 2:54:00 AM

BEST LIQUID EYELINER. hands down. I have oily eyelids, and this never smudges. yes, there is a learning curve with this hard tipped applicator, but once you've gotten used to it, you can easily make a well defined cat eye !

on 4/17/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is currently my HG eyeliner. I have hooded and oily eyes and almost every liquid eyeliner transfers onto the top of my lid a few hours into the day. This holds up and dries to a matte black.

My one concern is that I do not like the felt applicator, I much prefer a brush applicator so I can have more control and start off with a thinner line.

on 3/9/2015 6:44:00 PM

Overall, this was a pretty nice eyeliner. I'm usually not a liquid liner person and I stuck to pencil liner for a while until I found this at my local drugstore. I decided to give it a try and I bought it in black vinyl. I think the pigmentation was really nice as it was a really dark black.

The applicator tip brush is really nice. It's smooth and easy to glide along my eyelids. It makes a really thin line (hence the word Ultrafine in the name) but if you want something more dramatic, you can always just go in and add a bit more eyeliner for a bolder look.

When I first applied it, it was wet at first (obv) but when it dries it's like this glossy film. So, if you want something more natural or matte (?) looking, this probably won't be it for you. However, it seriously doesn't flake or smudge off during the day! I haven't worn this during the summertime yet but I would sweat often and my face gets oily especially around the eyelid area and it still doesn't budge (I don't even wear an eye primer).

Removal is extremely easy. I just lightly rub it off with makeup remover or soap and water and ta-da it's gone! A little con of this is that when it comes off, it comes off in flakes which is a bit odd because when it's on, it doesn't flake off at all. So when I finish washing my face I just end up with black specks here and there but it's nothing to worry about as it's an easy fix. I just ran out today and I would definitely go and purchase it again!

on 2/25/2015 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this after so many great reviews, one of which was from EmilyNoel83 on YT. My holy grail liner is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. So when on a hunt for a great drugstore liner, the KVD liner is the standard I compare them all too.

When I first purchased I loved the color. By the applicator is horrible for me. Most felt tips have a spongey like texture where as this one feels like a really rough sharp plastic tip. I can't get a wing. And I have experience flaking if I use this as more than a thin line at the base of my upper lashes.

A wing is my "everyday look." So if I can't use a liner to achieve that, what's the point?

I can't see how this works for anyone. But I guess maybe beginners would find use for it. Since the tip is so small they'll have "control?"

on 2/13/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the purple and black vinyl when Kerr Drug was turning into Walgreens and I wished I found out about these earlier. It like dries on top of your skin so it doesn't seep into your skin or smudge AT ALL! I worked at a summer camp outside and on the most HUMID days it would still last all day long and into the night. When removing it, it just peels away so easily as if nothing was there!
I love the firmer felt tip cause it gives me more control and makes it easier for me to apply each eye evenly. Only thing is that sometimes you have to wipe some excess off before applying.

A liquid liner than is great quality for the price bracket. Although considered drugstore or "low end" I use is regularly and so does my daughter. She is a senior in high school and I found it in her bathroom one afternoon. Now she has to fight mama to use it! Haha, its great and comparable to Lancome.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Prismatic Purple
Sparkling Turquoise
Emerald Glisten

I found these liners at the Dollar Store, so keep this in mind throughout. I picked them up because of the fun colors; I ended up with Prismatic Purple, Sparkling Turquois, and Emerald Glisten. To start, these are felt tip liners but more stiff than a pen-style felt tip. They go on very, very wet but set quickly. They all apply and set evenly enough, but Prismatic Purple and Sparkling Turquoise are a tiny bit patchy; these, you can go over twice and be fine. Emerald Glisten applies like a dream and is probably my favorite.

These all look great on the lid. I've got blue eyes and each one makes them pop underneath any type of shadow. One fun thing I like to do for a little change in my routine is throw this on nude shadow, a defined crease, and then outline the colored liner with ultra fine black liner; it looks very interesting in a great way, in my opinion.

I didn't have any trouble with wear. They all wore fine throughout the day, no flaking. But the colored ones, I know for sure, do stain a bit (the blue/green toned ones, definitely). Not quite as bad as Essence liners, however, but that's another story.

I don't know that I'd pay full price for these, they're just a fun piece of makeup to have when I need some color. But definitely pick these up if you find them at the Dollar Store.

on 11/12/2014 7:58:00 PM

Really wanted to like this, but alas, didn't work for me. On the plus side, it goes on smoothly and really pigmented. However, I didn't find the applicator very easy or comfortable to use. The worst part was the flaking midday and then, as has been mentioned below, when removing. I've never seen anything like it with a liquid eye liner. When removing it, it flakes then sticks everywhere! It's bizarre. Just simply not worth repurchasing, unfortunately.