Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner

Not tested on animals

on 4/4/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I liked the brush, but this formula was horrendous. It goes on super watery and lacks pigment. I'm throwing this out.

on 1/19/2017 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Gosh this liquid e/l is really bad.
1. It has a felt tip instead of a brush. So there is less precision.
2. The formula is watery. I have the shade "black vinyl" and it must be layered several times in order for the line to show.
3. In trying to build the intensity of the e/l, it begins to flake. So imagine, wet e/l over dry flaky e/l. It looks patchy and crusty. And its obvious too, because its shiny. How fun?
4. This liner does not stay in place. It is not sweat proof. It crumbles and begins to fall off my eyes after about six (6) hours.
5. Above all this, when trying to remove whatever is left on the eye at the end of the day, the remaining e/l forms balls on my eyelashes and are a pain to remove. I've lost quite a number of lashes as a result of removing this e/l.

It seems as though it was designed not to be removed by the wearer but to crumble and disintegrate whenever it feels like.

I really hate this e/l and I will not recommend this to anyone. Really poor quality product. Double thumbs down!

on 6/29/2015 2:54:00 AM

BEST LIQUID EYELINER. hands down. I have oily eyelids, and this never smudges. yes, there is a learning curve with this hard tipped applicator, but once you've gotten used to it, you can easily make a well defined cat eye !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have mine in Black Vinyl, and I call this eyeliner my "Big Kahuna" eyeliner. This stuff wears like IRON. Like literal IRON. I have worn this for over 30 hours through sleeping in on a weekend (shameful, I know!), and it stayed on perfectly, even though I rubbed my eyes that morning. This is the kind of eyeliner that flakes off on removal, so you know it's a physical-presence eyeliner that stays on great. I have actually (on a separate occasion, lol) forgotten to take this off before a shower, and through the shower, this stuff stayed on - so I would almost say this would be safe to wear through swimming. The color is a dark, dark black that does dry shiny. Typically I actually set this with a matte black shadow, which just adds to the intensity of it's long wear, because I prefer the matte look. The tip is a little difficult to get used to, it can be hard to apply on the inner third of your eye because it's a thicker, nonflexible tip. The formula is so liquid, though, that I can use the tip to just "press" or "dot" it on my lash line, and that way of application works for me. I also find that the tip itself is short, so it's easy to just press the shape onto my lid to get a perfect wing. Ultimately, this isn't an eyeliner I'd wear every day, because it's so long wearing and takes a little more effort to get it off (I use coconut oil and it's fine, just needs extra time/swiping with a cotton ball). If you have oily lids and can't get anything to stay on your lids without transfer, try this. If you're a swimmer even, try this. (Not guaranteeing that it's swim-proof but I have a pretty good hunch.) It's fairly inexpensive, comes in many colors, and again, it wears like IRON.

If you're looking for good liquid eyeliners, I'd suggest these, pretty good price and they come in tons of colors. I really like mine, I have 2 diff colors.

on 9/4/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's pretty watery and not very pigmented; I shook the container several times and had similar results. It can reach full opacity but takes several layers; the glitter is pretty but can be annoying since the formula is so watery. The applicator is precise and soft but I personally do not like the container. I have to clean the rim of the container or it will soon become gunked up with eyeliner; I prefer felt tip eyeliners such as stila. It's expensive but very pigmented and the felt tip is precise.

on 4/17/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is currently my HG eyeliner. I have hooded and oily eyes and almost every liquid eyeliner transfers onto the top of my lid a few hours into the day. This holds up and dries to a matte black.

My one concern is that I do not like the felt applicator, I much prefer a brush applicator so I can have more control and start off with a thinner line.

on 3/9/2015 6:44:00 PM

Overall, this was a pretty nice eyeliner. I'm usually not a liquid liner person and I stuck to pencil liner for a while until I found this at my local drugstore. I decided to give it a try and I bought it in black vinyl. I think the pigmentation was really nice as it was a really dark black.

The applicator tip brush is really nice. It's smooth and easy to glide along my eyelids. It makes a really thin line (hence the word Ultrafine in the name) but if you want something more dramatic, you can always just go in and add a bit more eyeliner for a bolder look.

When I first applied it, it was wet at first (obv) but when it dries it's like this glossy film. So, if you want something more natural or matte (?) looking, this probably won't be it for you. However, it seriously doesn't flake or smudge off during the day! I haven't worn this during the summertime yet but I would sweat often and my face gets oily especially around the eyelid area and it still doesn't budge (I don't even wear an eye primer).

Removal is extremely easy. I just lightly rub it off with makeup remover or soap and water and ta-da it's gone! A little con of this is that when it comes off, it comes off in flakes which is a bit odd because when it's on, it doesn't flake off at all. So when I finish washing my face I just end up with black specks here and there but it's nothing to worry about as it's an easy fix. I just ran out today and I would definitely go and purchase it again!

on 2/25/2015 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this after so many great reviews, one of which was from EmilyNoel83 on YT. My holy grail liner is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. So when on a hunt for a great drugstore liner, the KVD liner is the standard I compare them all too.

When I first purchased I loved the color. By the applicator is horrible for me. Most felt tips have a spongey like texture where as this one feels like a really rough sharp plastic tip. I can't get a wing. And I have experience flaking if I use this as more than a thin line at the base of my upper lashes.

A wing is my "everyday look." So if I can't use a liner to achieve that, what's the point?

I can't see how this works for anyone. But I guess maybe beginners would find use for it. Since the tip is so small they'll have "control?"

on 2/13/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the purple and black vinyl when Kerr Drug was turning into Walgreens and I wished I found out about these earlier. It like dries on top of your skin so it doesn't seep into your skin or smudge AT ALL! I worked at a summer camp outside and on the most HUMID days it would still last all day long and into the night. When removing it, it just peels away so easily as if nothing was there!
I love the firmer felt tip cause it gives me more control and makes it easier for me to apply each eye evenly. Only thing is that sometimes you have to wipe some excess off before applying.