Bite Beauty Lipstick in Cava

Bite Beauty Lipstick in Cava

3.9

Not tested on animals

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Cava was glorious on me in spite of my yellow-leaning undertones when I had darker hair, but now that my hair is a bright orangey-blonde-red shade Cava requires a little work because it is VERY cool-toned. If I blot it down I can still wear it with cool-toned makeup looks, but full-on straight out of the tube it looks like corpse lips. If you're fair to light and cool toned, or if you have lighter skin and darker (neutral or cool-toned) hair then Cava is a must.

I have fair skin with redness and this color was all wrong for me. It looks so nice in the tube and on the model in the picture but it looked pinkish purple on me. Really weird color. It was also opaque yet didn't fully fill in my lips so the formula was bad for me too.

This is the type of color that is a hit or miss. I have fair skin with cool undertones and I lovecwearing purplish mauvi lipcolors. It is very wearable everyday type of color on me but I definitely recommend trying it out before purchasing it. The formula of course is Bite Beauty so its very comfortable, needs to be reaplied in a few hours.

on 12/13/2016 11:09:00 PM

Please, please bring this back! This was by far my holy grail lipstick. If you are like me and have fair skin with cool undertones, this is perfect for you. The colour is ethereal, dusty mauve with a grey undertone. The formula itself is very moisturizing as well.
I am cursed, it seems when I find a product I love, it gets discontinued, in this case I'm not sure why, everytime I would try to purchase it was sold out. I haven't been able to find a dupe yet. Maybelline's Gone Greige is too dark (kind of the colour of wet cement)
Thank a God it was brought back as limited edition for the holidays.

on 8/25/2016 7:23:00 AM

Since this line was discontinued and Sephora is permanently sold out of the reissue, I've been trying to dupe Cava, and it turned out that I had a dupe all along: Sephora's Gel Rouge lip liner in 01 The Nudest is a dead-on color match.

on 12/5/2015 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: If you are looking for a similar color with a nice feel, MAC Lipintensity lipstick in Driftwood has a very similar vibe but is a bit more wearable for me.

ORIGINAL: I saw the review for this right below mine and ran to Sephora to try this. On my hand it looked very intriguing. A cool toned lilac-ish mauve. But on my pigmented lips and nw20 complexion...this just didn't do anything for me. It required too much encouragement to get it to work. It wasn't blatantly awful, but not blatantly awesome either. There are easier nudes or mauvey shades for me to wear. If the idea of this color intrigues you but it comes off just too washed out/pale, try Lorac Goddess. It has a heavier purple tone and more color, but is in the same purpled mauve category (just more color).

The lipstick itself (texture, feel) felt great and looked nice on my lips. It was just for $24, when I put on a lipstick, I want to feel like, "oh yaaaa".

This is a really gorgeous color, and the quality/pigment/feel of the lipstick is fantastic. I can't vouch for how long it lasts, because I just bought it. I saw it at Sephora, it caught my eye, and I decided to try it on, and loved how it looks!! I don't have a color like it in my collection (and I have 100+ lip colors), so I had to get it. It's really such a pretty, unique shade. It's like a nude, but not quite--it's a bit darker, mauve-y, maybe a tiny bit silvery, slightly brownish but not brown, bc I don't like brown lipsticks. It's really beautiful and unique!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't super special to me. It's not as lilac as it is on some people which is a bummer. It's just a boring ol' nude. The redeeming factor is Bite lipsticks are insane comfortable and hydrating. But I wouldn't repurchase a 24$ boring nude lipstick.

on 12/19/2014 2:08:00 PM

simple run down of this lipstick

pros:
-creamy, glides right on
-glossy finish
-very unique color (described as a lilac beige, but it can be lightly applies for an almost muted pink wash of color)
-universally flattering (IF done right)*
-soooo moisturizing on the lips

cons:
-not super pigmented, but builds beautifully
-not ultra long wearing, but easy to reapply

overall, the color and formula of this lipstick are both very unique. I would definitely repurchase and probably will. if you're on the fence about buying this lipstick, look below!! and definitely go for it.

*NOW, for how to get the most for your skin tone. if you are fair skinned you shouldn't have a problem with this shade looking great on you, unless you have very pigmented lips. there are 2 SUPER EASY ways to make this color pop
-mute out your lip color and use whatever is left over on your concealer/foundation brush as a base
-use a lip liner! either a super nude one (naked lip liner from Mac will have a similar but longer lasting effect than prepping lips with foundation/concealer)
OR a grey/beige/taupe/lilac one depending on which way you want the color to pull. very versatile color in this way!

on 9/4/2014 11:45:00 AM

I love this color for fall! When you have heavier or more colorful shadows (I'm thinking like the old UD Vice or the New Shadow box pallet. This is a very muted lilac/mauve color that is slightly grey toned and can look very dead on the lips. So if your skin tone can look ashy with this tone I would stay away from this color. I line mine with some Mac's Whirl and fill in a bit just to give some depth to the color. I haven't experimented enought yet but I think this will change as to what lip pencil you wear underneath. For the price ($24.00) it ain't cheap so I suggest you swatch it in the store to see if you even like this (although I think Sephora will allow returns) it's not one you want to get and really don't like it. However if you like to experiment I think this is a color that you can not only work with on it's own but use it to change the tones of other lippies to tone them down or mute them out for more fall/winter look. Definitely one I will keep in my arsenal.