L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this shampoo works great with my color treated hair

This has made my hair dry and also my color usually goes out in a week

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like to try different shampoos and conditioners a lot and I do have to switch it up to avoid build up, so I thought I would give this a try since my hair is color treated. I noticed that they have changed the color on the package- it is now red and black instead of pink and black. But still says color vibrancy. The price was $3.97 at Walmart and I had coupons that made these practically free so when I can find things like that I will give them a go. Well, this is a "no-go". I suspect is may be the wheat protein in it, but this made my already dry hair feel extra dry and kind of stiff. My hair is naturally curly and really needs more moisture than this gives me. And it has a fragrance which reminds me of a perfume from many years ago,I just can't place it; it is pretty strong, sort of floral, sort of aldehyde. Not pleasant. My hair felt pretty stripped immediately after shampooing it. The conditioner initially helped, but that did not last. And I noticed a LOT more hair fall with this one. I miss the old L'oreal ColorVive, the original one; that was one of the best shampoos I ever used. Why do they keep discontinuing good products???

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

My hair is color-treated (red), short, wavy-curly, and slightly dry. I received a sample of this shampoo and was happy to try it because I would like my salon-colored hair color to last longer. I shampooed with it after I had my hair colored and the color didn't look faded as it usually does after the first shampoo. It didn't leave my hair looking or feeling dry, and it didn't irritate my scalp.

I used it together with the matching conditioner.

I loved this shampoo. I like it more than the salon brands I've used in the past. It made my hair shiny & soft. It helped my hair color stay vibrant. The packaging is nice too. It doesn't look cheap. I can't say anything more positive about it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So far, this is a big yes for me. It has managed to undo all the damage and ickyness the Nuance Raw Honey Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner was doing to my hair in just two uses. I also like how well the shampoo and conditioner in this line work together. A lot of the time I mix and match my shampoos and conditioners, yet I have this weird longing to always be able to buy shampoos and conditioners as sets. So often, the quality of a shampoo and it's matching conditioner won't be equal across the board in a line. This is a rare instance of A+ for both.

It leaves my hair super soft and shiny and manageable. I love the texture of both the shampoo (creamy but not too thick) and the conditioner (thick but not heavy), Both have a very pleasant fragrance as well. You can tell L'Oreal really put some major time and effort into the development of this line.

I am rating at 4 lippies right now because the REAL test will come when I get my hair color done again---I have been gravitating back to red (which is the toughest color to preserve) so if it really delivers on preserving fresh color then it will get bumped up to five. I also want to get the heat protecting spray in this line after I get my hair done. That product has excellent reviews on MUA and I'd like to see how all three work together to keep my color truer longer. ...update to follow, I promise.

UPDATE: Well, I definitely think it helped with color retention. I don't think any shampoo is going to keep your color looking like day 1 after leaving the salon but this shampoo along with the matching conditioner really did keep my hair looking shiny vibrant even as the semi-permanent color in my hair started to fade after 4 weeks. It makes my hair very soft and happy.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Didn't care for this shampoo. I have to use a ton of it to get a decent lather. The price is good but that's about all. Didn't really do anything for my color treated hair, left it limp and IMO not as clean as other shampoos. I normally wash my hair every other day but with this shampoo, I felt the need to wash my hair the following day. Which I'm not a fan of.. I'm a blonde & prefer not washing daily, I don't want my hair to dry out even more than it already is. Another big thing that bothered me w/this shampoo is the lather. I like a good lather but this shampoo requires using a ton to achieve that. I have found a few great products from the L'Oreal Advanced Haircare line but this def isn't one of them.. I might not even finish the bottle, I really dislike this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this product is great for the price. It cleanses well without drying out my hair and rinses clean. I have oily scalp and it seems to do well with keeping it balanced.