L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Well let me first say that I only bought this product because I ran out of my matrix color care shampoo and conditoner. I didn't have enough money to spend 25 dollars total so I went to walmart hoping to find a decent color shampoo. When I came across the loreal color vibrancy shampoo I was curiouss I must say. Its a new shampoo and I actually felt like trying it because I've had bad luck in the past with store brands shampoos. I was looking for a great store bought shampoo that would not strip my hair color. I use a level 3 demi permanent . For thise of you that don't know what that is its basically a non permanent color that has no amonia and only deposits color causeing less damage to the hair. Its like a very dark brown / blackish color. Anyhow , I've been using this shampoo for two weeks. And wow, girls I am so shocked with this product. I can almost compare it to the matrix color care shampoo. It did not strip my color and adds a very nice shine. Now I can not rate the conditioner bevause since under my color I have a very light brown and a lot of blonde highlights I bought the hydrating conditioner. Which I did not really use because I've been using my matrix intesive mask..... sooo this shampooois very good. Id definately recomend it to anyone that is looking for an average priced good shampoo for color treated hair. By the way... I'm a licensed cosmetologist and I shouldn't be recomending iy...n but honestly it is a decent color shampoo as for being a store brand. Hope this helps. ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this new shampoo for my oily scalp/dry ends colored hair and am liking it so far. It has the same effect as my old standby Paul Mitchell 1, good for a little moisture and has silicones. I deep cleanse once a week to remove product and would rec if using this too. Not bad at all for the price - oh, and I read the ingredients of all the new Advanced Haircare shampoos and this was the only one (that was on the shelf, anyway) that only had sodium laureth sulfate and not that plus sodium lauryl sulfate so this would seem to be gentler to colored hair.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Nice creamy shampoo with great scent, unfortunately my hair didn't like it, left my roots super dry and squeaky clean, didn't change the color of my hair which was great, too bad that it over cleans my dry scalp and irritates it.
June 2016: tried this shampoo yesterday and had the same effect as it id three years ago, squeaky clean roots, dry itchy scalp, this time the roots changed color, they look very warm on the crown area, will return.

Bouncy, shiny, healthy-looking hair with color protection I can count on! Only a small amount is needed per application. Thanks, L'Oreal!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a sample in my winter 2014 walmart box so I am just going on that. This shampoo made my curly hair really curly! I liked that! And also it didn't alter my color which I had done in August of 2014 so it's really old. It seems very hydrating, my hair has bounce & normally I wash my hair 3x then condish but I just wanted to use the sample & so I just washed once & my hair seems pretty clean for just once. It didn't produce mass amounts of lather thou; I like lather even if it may not be the greatest for my hair to have all that suds. I would consider buying this shampoo except that I am a hardcore aussie devotée. But, yeah, it is nice. I was kind of allergic to another Loreal shampoo I tried but this didn't seem to go aggravating me. Idk how much this costs coz I had a sample; but I know it's DS so it is cheaper than salon hair care I am sure (prob my aussie are cheaper, I know my suave are!), but this performs well & if I didn't have a big bottle of aussie w a pump I would've considered buying this. The scent is really pretty very feminine but not cloying just clean hair. I think this stuff is pretty good, esp for naturally curly hair. I even have my hair down the curls are so pretty & I barely ever wear my hair down! :) ymmv

I loved this shampoo. I like it more than the salon brands I've used in the past. It made my hair shiny & soft. It helped my hair color stay vibrant. The packaging is nice too. It doesn't look cheap. I can't say anything more positive about it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So far, this is a big yes for me. It has managed to undo all the damage and ickyness the Nuance Raw Honey Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner was doing to my hair in just two uses. I also like how well the shampoo and conditioner in this line work together. A lot of the time I mix and match my shampoos and conditioners, yet I have this weird longing to always be able to buy shampoos and conditioners as sets. So often, the quality of a shampoo and it's matching conditioner won't be equal across the board in a line. This is a rare instance of A+ for both.

It leaves my hair super soft and shiny and manageable. I love the texture of both the shampoo (creamy but not too thick) and the conditioner (thick but not heavy), Both have a very pleasant fragrance as well. You can tell L'Oreal really put some major time and effort into the development of this line.

I am rating at 4 lippies right now because the REAL test will come when I get my hair color done again---I have been gravitating back to red (which is the toughest color to preserve) so if it really delivers on preserving fresh color then it will get bumped up to five. I also want to get the heat protecting spray in this line after I get my hair done. That product has excellent reviews on MUA and I'd like to see how all three work together to keep my color truer longer. ...update to follow, I promise.

UPDATE: Well, I definitely think it helped with color retention. I don't think any shampoo is going to keep your color looking like day 1 after leaving the salon but this shampoo along with the matching conditioner really did keep my hair looking shiny vibrant even as the semi-permanent color in my hair started to fade after 4 weeks. It makes my hair very soft and happy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo was just ok for me. It cleaned my hair good and it smells nice latherd up & rinsed out good but thats about it. I didn't really notice it helping my hair color out in a way I felt like this and the matching conditioner kinda made my blonde hair look dull. =(

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My hair is color-treated (red), short, wavy-curly, and slightly dry. I received a sample of this shampoo and was happy to try it because I would like my salon-colored hair color to last longer. I shampooed with it after I had my hair colored and the color didn't look faded as it usually does after the first shampoo. It didn't leave my hair looking or feeling dry, and it didn't irritate my scalp.

I used it together with the matching conditioner.

I like this shampoo. I have to take very quick showers, and I don't have time to use conditioner in the shower after I shampoo. This lathers up quickly, and really well, which I really like. I'm not a fan of low suds shampoo because I don't feel like my hair gets as clean as it should be, so I am all for lots of suds. It doesn't dry my hair out, and I am able to use leave in conditioners after I get out of the shower, and my hair looks great. I have very thick, wavy, shoulder length hair, color treated red hair. I definitely need to use conditioner after shampooing, but just the shampoo alone leaves my hair in pretty good shape. Price is right, and it makes for a quick, and easy fast shampoo.