Tom Ford Cafe Rose

3.8

on 10/26/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Rose fragrances can be tricky on my skin, as many seem to turn into something sharp and unpleasant after an hour or so. Café Rose thankfully does not do that. Do I smell much coffee here? Not really, but the rose note from Bulgarian Rose, May Rose as well as Turkish Rose is really magnificent. Staying power is good, and I think it smells really elegant. I will repurchase.

on 10/26/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A darker and, (somewhat) green, peppery, earthy mix of roses, incense, woods and coffee/chocolatey notes. Not a mainstream floral. Not too typical of a rose scent, there's a deeper, sweeter side that's almost gothic.
The coffee/chocolate notes are bright but end up being short lived, woods hint their presence throughout, incense rose is the dominant player. It's sweeter than the other private blends I've tried, and I wonder if it's meant to compete with the trendy fruity-floral-gourmand offerings of many of today's perfume offerings. I think it's a nice departure from them, personally. It feels different; purer, not heavy and not sickly sweet. It's sexy but not trashy, classy, but in no way austere or stifled. It's warm, damp and dark. Like being in the garden at night when it's humid, perhaps with secret.
It's quite beautiful in its simplicity, I really love wearing it, but I don't wear it casually or daily. For me this is for evenings out, winter walks through old towns, date nights.
Decent projection and excellent longevity. Lasts on clothes until you wash them. Lasts on my skin for 8+ hours.
I tested this against Stella and Roses de Chloe, and chose Cafe Rose to purchase. Although all three are lovely in their own ways.

PRICE IS RIDICULOUS.

Cafe Rose when sprayed is the same as when dabbed, only a bit more powerful. Every accord is slightly intensified, rather than some notes becoming much stronger and changing the balance of the fragrance.

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

Most fragrances don't work with my body chemistry, but I couldn't pass up the chance to try Cafe Rose. I asked for a sample of this and a little goes a very long way. This scent is heavy, decadent, and very interesting. It really doesn't work for me, but I really love it in the bottle.

I really wanted to love this fragrance, but it doesn't work with my chemistry. After an hour, I get a pale rose scent on top of a dirty blonde violet. I recommend saving some money and buying blonde violet. Both fragrances were created by the same perfumer.

on 2/23/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Cafe Rose has very straight forward, pleasant and intense rose scent in the top and middle notes and the rose becomes more subtle with a hint of sandalwood in the dry down. Top notes are saffron, black pepper and may rose; middle notes are turkish rose, bulgarian rose and coffee; base notes are incense, amber, sandalwood and patchouli.

Popular Fragrances