3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Bought this on my seemingly neverending quest to find a pencil for tightlining. Unfortunately, this isn't it for me. It's very highly pigmented, which is good, it's also rather soft (so ten minutes in the freezer before applying and sharpening may be an idea) but it transfers onto my lower waterline almost immediately. Becomes patchy and fades quickly too. I do like using it as a regular eyeliner. Since it's so pigmented, I love using this with a tiny graphic eyeliner brush. Makes for a beautiful, deep black, tight line along the lashline that lasts all day and with oil cleansing, isn't too hard to get off.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 months ago

I have been using a mere Norman expensive pencil eyeliner that is just as good as this! It goes on so good and stays! It doesn't smear bad on me.I can even use it on my waterline! Soft pencil.I can't wear those old hard liners like I used too.I had to light them with a lighter to warm them up.These can be tricky to sharpen but it can be done.Putting them in a freezer before sharpening really helps.This is as good as those expensive pencils.I will use this rather than but an eyeliner over $10.00! My mom got me the expensive one.I'm so glad I ordered this.Waterproof.yes.My eye waters sometimes but it is staying on ok.You have to be careful with these.They are soft and pigmented.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago

I like this eye liner for my waterline. I do see that it smudges slightly on my left eye (doesn’t happen to my right eye for some odd reason). For the price and the fact that for the most part it stays put all day, I definitely will repurchase when I finish with the one I got.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

8 months ago

My new favorite eyeliner for my waterline. I have sensitive eyes due to allergies and oily lids. This eyeliner applies easily & painlessly to my upper waterline and lasts all day without stinging, burning, or causing my eyes to water. This is a great discovery for me! I have always used high-end pencil liners on my waterline (e.g. MAC, Bobbi Brown, Estée Lauder), but most caused my eyes to water after about 30 minutes. I thought it was just me, but after discovering this Rimmel pencil, I have realized there must be something in those other pencils that irritates my eyes; whereas this pencil must be lacking in whatever it is. I am really happy I took a chance on this pencil by Rimmel, and will most likely buy more in other colors besides black.

About reviewer (1350 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

a year ago

I began using this eyeliner about a month ago. It looked great, and applied easily. Since that time my eyelashes have begun to fall out, and I’m now left with broken and spotty lashes. This is the only new item to my face. I will not use this again, and hope that my eyelashes return.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

So I think this liner is so beautiful but the one problem I have with it is that it’s so so soft that when I sharpen it I end up sharpening so much off because I can never get a good point which I like. I don’t think I’ll buy it again because it’s just to soft

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

My fav black eyeliner! It's hard for me to buy black cheap drugstore eyeliner because the slightest smudges on my pale skin do not look cute or sultry, and accentuate dark circles. But this drugstore eyeliner stays in place all day at work. Also the color payoff is great so a little goes a long way, meaning the pencil lasts a long time before I have to buy a replacement. I usually buy 2 or 3 online at a time since my local pharmacy is never stocked and I cannot risk buying an unfamiliar brand. I've tried basically every other drugstore brand eyeliner (Maybelline, L'oreal, NYX etc) and none have yet compare. This is my ride or die!

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2 years ago

It's creamy, good for blending out, very black, but Im not sure if it's waterproof because when i tight-lined my upper waterline, it just ended up transferring onto the bottom waterline. And it also smudged a little below by lashes. It is also annoying to sharpen because the tip keeps breaking off. Maybe cuz of the super creamy formula. I would use this only on my lids to blend out for a black smokey look.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

This is a decent, medium-to-long wearing black gel pencil liner. I don't really think it holds up all that well in the waterline, but for regular lining on the upper lashes it does work well. It is a somewhat glossy black, but it looks good without being too stark or dramatic. It is easy to use since it is a very soft consistency, but for me at least, that does mean diminished wear time. It is affordable and relatively easy to find, so it is good in a pinch. It does get smudgy after a few hours, especially right at the outer corner of my eyes, so it doesn't perform as well as its more expensive counterparts, but for the price it is perfectly okay.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Amazing eyeliner. You need to let it dry and it will not smudge! Not even on the shower. Just use common sense, don't rub your eyes and don't touch!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age36-43