Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

1.9

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This really did not work for me. It'll remove eyeshadow just fine, but does very little to remove mascara and eyeliner (and I don't wear waterproof products!) Expected soooo much better from a Boots product! I gave it two lippies for not irritating my eyes as many makeup removers do. Won't repurchase.

on 1/1/2016 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Horrible! I simply wear a little eye liner on my top lids each day, and all Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover did was make a smudgy mess under my eyes. Yikes!
I can only imagine how it works on full eye makeup!
I usually check MUA reviews before purchasing, shame on me that I didn't this time!

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/4/2015 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It was brainless of me to buy this without reading reviews here first. I ran out of my DHC Cleansing Oil, and while it's in transit to me I tried to get away with using a cheap makeup remover. This is cheap, but it doesn't remove anything. So far it hasn't been able to make a dent in Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara, Pacifica Mineral Mascara, NYX Doll Eye Mascara, IT Liner Love, Pixi Cat Eye Ink, or Pacifica and Clinique Eye Shadows! Water alone removes more eye makeup from my face. I wound up digging out my Queen Helene Professional Cleansing Cream ($5.99 for 15 oz. jar at Sally Beauty) to get the makeup AND the Boots Remover off my skin. Queen Helene Cold Cream works great. My DHC should be here tomorrow!

on 6/27/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The WORST eye makeup remover ever!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! It did absolutely nothing in the way of taking off my waterproof eye liner and mascara. It felt like I was using plain old tap water. It also caused itching and redness; my eyes looked like I was on a crying jag! I have used jojoba oil in the past and a wide range of inexpensive and department store remover. I have very sensitive eyes so I have to be very careful with what I use. My best results are with jojoba oil, almond oil and Make Up Forever Sens Eyes remover. I also like Clinique Take the day Off. These products never irritate my eyes or cause discomfort. Boots is just plain garbage. It's going back to Target.

on 4/29/2014 12:23:00 AM

This remover claims to work on waterproof eye makeup, but it felt like water mixed with a little alcohol. I had to rub very hard to even get some of my waterproof mascara off. At least 4 eyelashes came out from the force needed to remove the makeup. I am returning this tomorrow. I would have been better off using olive oil or baby oil. I'm not even sure this product could remove non-waterproof makeup. Do not recommend this at all. The cap is also a bit large and awkward to handle.

on 3/31/2014 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm astonished about the one previous review, because I have the absolute opposite opinion about this product. Even on the Ulta website it was not that well reviewed, but I am VERY happy with this product. It works much better than many others I have tried, including some far more expensive ones. It does the job very quickly and very thoroughly and I wear mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow every day. No rubbing required, everything comes right off with one swipe.

I'd recommend this to anyone!

Meh... This remover simply does not remove eye makeup thoroughly. I wear only mascara and not that much, and regardless of how long I hold the saturated cotton to my eye, I am always left with raccoon effect after I use my facial cleanser. It doesn't matter if the mascara is waterproof or not. This just doesn't do the job. Two lippies for the container which has a terrific secure snapping cap and travels well... Just need to put a better product inside.