Chanel Accessoire (#573)

No Image

3.5

on 3/24/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful colour (brownish red with purple undertones) and a great formula that I had to give a low rating ONLY because it can be found in the racks of the drugstore. The formula is NOT one coat, though it is dense it really needs 2 coats if you want to have a finished look.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Accessoire is one classically beautiful one-coater from Chanel. I've heard that Chanel has a reputation of making the ever elusive one-coater polish but this is my first time experiencing it with Accessoire. It's one the red-brown version of Provocation. I know it was released with a spring collection but I think most people would gravitate to this color in fall-winter. I find it season-less, and a true classic. If you like deep colors, high quality and a high price tag, Chanel Accesoire is a must have.

on 9/18/2013 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Went to a local nail salon and saw this polish featured as one of the choices, so I went for it. It's a beautiful deep plum burgundy with a cream finish. Striking, but still classic enough for work. I noticed the polish is extremely rich in pigment and thick in consistency. I don't think I'd be dexterous enough to apply it to myself without getting smudges everywhere. Takes a little longer to dry even with a quick dry topcoat, but it's super long lasting. Wore it for over a week without chipping. I'm definitely going to check out more Chanel polishes!

on 3/15/2013 5:41:00 PM

It's maroon-burgundy. Nice, even though not a unique colour. No shimmer. Nice, sophisticated.

on 3/14/2013 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Accessoire is part of the Spring 2013 collection. It is my first Chanel polish. I love the deep purple brown color. In some lights it looks almost eggplant. In others it looks burgundy. I got opacity in one coat and on my nails it wore for a whole week without a single chip. This is the longest wear time I have ever had out of a polish. I want to dupe it with something cheaper, but cannot find anything that is close enough for my liking. I feel this is a very chic color and, on my very pale hands, looks elegant and classy without being garish.

I had sworn off really expensive polishes after a bad Dior experience, but I think Accessoire is a must have for me. One lippie off for the price, though, because I think it is just obscene to charge so much for a nail polish. With tax, this was almost $30!

on 2/22/2013 10:25:00 AM

Over the years I have often wondered why it apparently is so difficult for Chanel to make a decent dark creme polish. They make great polishes as long as the color is pale or medium - or if the polish has shimmer. Malice has a wonderful quality, and it's color is not that different from Accessoire, so why doesn't this one work? I don't know, but it certainly doesn't! It's every bit as awful to work with as the original Rouge Noir which was more or less a nightmare in a bottle.
At first the polish is far too thick and far too pigmented. That could be a matter of taste and preference, but when it's combined with a thin and hard brush that cannot spread, the result is very, very streaky. I have narrow nails so I am usually a great fan of the Chanel brush, but a thin brush does require a thin and smooth polish. Normally I can get away with three side-by-side brushstrokes from nailbed to tip, and then the nail is covered. I repeat that one or two times, and then the result is fine and lasts a week. But not so this time.
Well, I thinned it a bit with OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner, but it didn't help. Then I thought that Chanel probably was aiming at the younger market and applied it the way I have seen teenagers do on You Tube - eight to ten fast brushstrokes on each nail and that's that. That didn't work either. Eventually - after much agony and desperation - I poured out about ten per cent of the bottle and replaced it with 100(!) drops of thinner. Then I had a consistency I could work with. It was still streaky, but not more than three coats covered them and made the nails look acceptable - well, even pretty.
However pretty the end result may be, the color is not that unusual - a blue based bordeaux (not nearly as brownish as it looks in the bottle) - and thus there's absolutely no reason to go through this ordeal. OPI Just A little Rösti At This is very close colorwise, it's cheaper and a lot, lot easier to apply.

Popular Polishes