L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm - 218 Rose Elixir

L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm - 218 Rose Elixir

4.2

on 2/9/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so torn --- this is the perfect tinted lip balm color I've been searching for. It's not long-wearing and doesn't moisturize my lips tho. I don't mind applying it several times throughout the hour, but I do wish it lasted longer. But my BIGGEST con with this whole product is --- the packaging. I hate that there is a little nub that you have to match up to put the lid back on. I wish they didn't have that so I could just put the lid back on without having to look at it. It's petty, I know, but it's a deal breaker for me since there are a gazillion other tinted lip balms that have this feature --- and that last longer. Sorry, L'Oreal.

I'm on my second tube of this. Nice, sturdy packaging (pretty too). Cotton-candyish fragrance. This doesn't have a ton of pigment, but it has a clear, neutral-rose tint that just makes my lips look healthy with a bit of sheen. It's easy to slap on; you don't need a mirror. I can just throw it on in the morning or throughout the day and know that it will make me look more polished. Bonus points for being pretty hydrating and for having SPF.
I have 5 or 6 other shades and they're all winners, too, but this was the first one I bought (therefore the one that spurred me to buy so many other colors), and the only one that I wore down to a nub.
This has a permanent place in my collection.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/30/2015 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Really liked the formula, no weird l'oreal scent, very moisturizing and comfortable to wear. Packaging is nice. Problem is there is no colour with this balm, I might as well wear clear balm. I am very pale so usually even the sheerest of shades give me a bit of colour but this just gave some shine and that's it. I'll use it up as a normal colourless balm and will try other shades. Would not repurchase this colour.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love Tendre Mauve and Nourishing Nude but I would not repurchase Rose Elixir. Although I love the smell and the fact is has SPF 15 like the other Balms, Rose Elixir has absolutely no color payoff. It is not that other two are super pigmented but you can build up the color on both. This makes my lips look slightly glossy but no color at all! I love these but I would not repurchase this particular one again.

on 9/3/2014 9:55:00 PM

I have very dry lips so this balm is perfect for me. The rose elixir shade is a light & very lovely natural pink tint. I love how glossy it looks, without the sticky feeling most glosses give you. I will be purchasing the berry shade in the future for when I feel like wearing a brighter color, but this will be perfect for my everyday natural look I prefer.

on 4/24/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This product comes in a nice package. It has SPF 15 as a bonus. This is about it. The pigment is non existent, the staying power is about 30 min. There are so many better options out there.

I found this had very poor pigmentation, even for what it's supposed to be; a tinted balm. The nude had better pigment than this.

on 4/21/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Rose Elixir is such a pretty color, and though it IS very sheer, it just gives my lips that little boost of color and it has a bit of shine. It feels kind of slick on your lips, BUT it's not a wet, runny, or slippery feeling. And the SPF 15 is definitely a bonus, since I'll be wearing this mostly in the spring and summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love the classy packaging, and the product is extremely moisturizing. One coat of my this gives a light wash of color and you don't need an actual lip balm. It's kinda like a tinted lip balm so you have to reapply it a lot to keep the color there, but if you just want a sheer color with a lot of moisture, this is perfect. Amazing product and great price, highly recommend it :)!

on 2/1/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite lip product ever. It's the first lip product I've ever used completely. My lips get very dry in the winter and this is perfect for that time because it hydrates them but also gives some color to it.