Burt's Bees Lip Shine

Burt's Bees Lip Shine

3.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/28/2017 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I’ve repurchased these in the darkest two shades, Pucker and Smooch, and love both. They are moisturizing and the color is fantastic. I tend to live in them on the weekends. However, I have purchased a couple of the lighter shades and HATED them. Instead of a thick, smooth (but not gloopy) with good color payoff they were gritty, uncomfortable and had little impact. So a yay for the two darkest colors, and a nay for the rest.

on 3/25/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my new holy-grail lippie and the only thing I'll wear every day. It's always been a frustrating hunt to find a lip product that does not create that icky gunky white line when you're talking/drinking water (highly embarrassing and gross). The only other products that had worked for me in the past are Lancome's juicy tubes and L'oreal color juice (discontinued), but burt's bees lip shine is the hands-down winner. I find the product to be moisturising, with the right level of shine - not overly sticky, and never gunky. Love that the ingredients are more natural too. Only downside is the strong taste of the product upon application, but find that it fades fairly quickly and isn't detectable after a handful of minutes. Burt's bees, please don't ever stop making this product! :)

on 2/2/2016 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never tried ANY Burt's Bees products but had heard good things about the lip balms so I thought I'd give the Lip Shine a try in Peachy (013) and I really like it. The color is a sheer, matte, peachy nude, the formulation gives a rich gloss (not hard and cheap looking), has good staying power (2+ hrs, unretouched) and I didn't find it sticky or gritty, as some other reviewers had experienced. I can wear it alone or apply it over my lipstick just to refresh or to add more moisture.

I started using the Lip Shine at a time when my lips were particularly dry and were starting to flake but once I applied it, it instantly made my lips smooth and soft. This after I'd been using a traditional lip balm for the past few days to keep the flakes away without too much success.

I'd repurchase this color and may try other ones too. It was $5 at the Superstore. You have to squeeze the tube and the product dispenses onto a slanted plastic tip. There is a fruity scent but I don't find it overpowering.

on 3/13/2017 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have this in Blush which I love, med nude pink...small color payoff, peachy is warmer peach color but again not a lot of color. I haven't tried the darker shades but will. I love these....I don't wear lipstick so for me these are exactly what I want.

on 12/14/2015 12:47:00 AM

I have this in the shade Pucker and originally purchased it in a set with the Red Dahlia lip balm. I like this gloss way more than the Red Dahlia and use this all the time now. I really like to use this on to prep my lips for lipstick. It helps keep my lips in really great shape. I'm a gloss lover and this does not disappoint. It's not super sticky though that can be a good thing depending on the gloss. But this gives a lovely hint of colour and totally moisturizes my lips. I love the shade it gives me a MLBB look and it tastes and smells really nice. I would repurchase this or other shades. Recommended!

on 3/15/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Usually I am not a fan of lip gloss because it is slimy, smears, doesn't last, not hydrating enough, etc. but I'm addicted to this one! I initially balked at the price because it is steep but it was worth the price. I also have had bad experiences of Burt's Bees products breaking me out so it's always risky. No problems with that though, and I have Blush, a fairly sheer rosy pink shade. It is a thick formula that melts quickly onto your lips, is very moisturizing and lasts for hours. It smells really peachy and delicious, as various forms of apricot oil are listed about three times in the ingredients. I really like this color too, it looks great on its own but beautiful over any lipstick and liner I wear. It enhances any shade and I think helps preserve the staying power of other lip color too. I want to try other shades eventually but this particular one has been pretty handy and HG!

on 2/3/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought a 3 pack of lip shines for my 10 year old daughter for Xmas - saw it in Whole Foods and bought it on a whim. The glosses (shines) are in tubes and are just OK. Not great - not even that good.

Would not re-purchase.

Live & Learn,

on 2/24/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in Pucker and tried my sister's in Smooch. Pucker is a faint rosy color, very similar to Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. The Smooch color is very close to Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.

Texture: it's a little sticky and has a faint scent/taste that fades quickly. It's not gritty and doesn't smell weird, unlike Burt's Bees loathsome Tinted Lip Balm.

Packaging: I like squeezy-tube gloss like this though it's not for everyone.

I'll probably repurchase.

on 12/18/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Gritty!!!

I purchased this in Juicy Peach, hoping it would add moisture and a bit of shine. The formula is SO gritty I hate using it. The color is a pinky/nude type shade.

It smells fruity, the shine lasts a while, and is only a tiny bit sticky, but I hate the little chunks in the formula. The product also contains glitter, which I am not a fan of.

on 5/16/2014 12:57:00 PM

I have this in the "Smooch" shade and I love it - great moisturizer with a pop of color. This particular shade reminds me very much of Clinique's Black Honey - but more sheer and buildable. This is my go-to when I can't figure out what gloss to wear - and as an added bonus it keeps my lips soft and smooth.