Garnier Miracle Dry Oil

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update:
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am having such a hard time finding this in stores, I really hope they didn't discontinue it.

Garnier recently released a few new oil products called Marvelous Oil. The packaging is similar but DO NOT TOUCH THEM. THE INGREDIENT LISTS SUCK. ******ONLY****** go for the Garnier Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil. This actually contains quality ingredients. While the new one is...........very subpar. If Garnier did infact discontinue Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil for THAT, I'm going to be pissed and write them off as a brand.
-----------------------

I have used a lot of dry oils on the market. The reason I love them is they properly moisturize my hair without weighing it down with a heavy texture. It'd be awesome if every cosmetics company created one. But, I do have a big issue with the isopropyl alcohol (aka drying rubbing alcohol) I'm seeing in a lot of formulas such as Loreal's.

I've decided that bullet points would be the best way to review this product.
Pros:
-No isopropyl alcohol.
-Not many cheap fillers (common in drugstore lines)
-A lot of the ingredients are natural and proven as beneficial.
-Very moisturizing.
-The price is the best per ounce that I've found.

Cons:
-This is the heaviest "dry oil" I've found. I much prefer the lightweight formulas that Ion or Alterna have.
-A few of the ingredients are very pore-clogging. So if you have acne, I'd be careful of getting this on your pillowcase.

All in all, I like this product but Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist is still my HG. There's a review in my profile for that if you're interested. I probably would repurchase this if I couldn't make it out to Sally Beauty Supply, so I gave it a "yes".

on 9/19/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I keep trying to like this product. I like a bit of hair oil on my wavy, sort of dry hair. But every time I've tried to use Garnier's "triple nutrition miracle dry oil," it's an oil slick. Sorry, shiny oil slick. It is shiny. The end result looks like I'm overdue for a wash. Maybe I'll try using a smaller amount. But I'm about to give up and round file this product.

"Aliens abducted me last night and I woke up in a field in northern Ireland." There's about as much truth to that statement as "This product makes my skin glow and my hair shine. It's awesome." No. No. No. But maybe extraterrestrials were, in fact, involved in the making of this golden-hued catastrophe, as it has clearly been reverse-engineered by maniacal forces using mysterious technology. The alien agenda is as follows: their skin will break out. Their hair will look like grease. They will smell like baby powder and not know why. Roswell!
Once again, garnier has done it. Congratulations. Your wizards created another confusingly-scented (yet really good, you effers) but truly dysfunctional product. I actually had a temporary spiritual crisis after trying it. I got better but I don't want to relive it. Please, create something that doesn't test my faith in an Old Testament plague kind of way. Thanks, love you, mean it.

on 9/23/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this for my hair, but it is great for my legs. I would give this a 4 for my legs, but like a 2 or a 1 for my hair. I will try it again in my hair as the weather gets colder and dryer to see if I get better performance. Hopefully it will be less greasy than when I tried it this summer. If it still looks terrible in my hair I will definitely use it on my legs. It is slightly greasy at first, but less so than oils like coconut oil. It is easy to just spray on your legs and rub in quickly. Has a nice pleasant scent, but it might bother someone who is sensitive to fragrance.

I can see myself buying this again for my legs and skin, but not so much my hair. I will try it again for my hair when the air is dryer and my hair gets frizzy and dried out to see if my opinion changes on this product. I will update if it does. :)

on 6/21/2013 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ooolala.great on dry hair but absolutely divine on tanned skin. I wore this and got compliments out of the blue on how good my legs looked. Gives you that VS glow.
Have already bought 2 back ups.I have Booths Dry Monoi oil and Proclaim Miracle 7 but this one tops both of those.Beats plain oils as it has a lovely light smell too.
A mulititasker you can use on hair, face,oil, figure that 1 product for 3 uses is a steal and travel must.

on 2/19/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been searching everywhere for a great dry oil - and I FINALLY found one with this product! Last year I bought a very expensive bottle of a French brand dry oil while in NYC and after I ran out I have been unable to find anything decent where I live (Chicago). The other day I ran across this product while at Target and noticed it was part of Garnier's new Argan Oil line. I've used other products within the line that are just so-so. But this dry oil is amazing. On the packaging it states that you can use it on your hair, skin and face. I have used it everywhere and it is mild and incredibly moisturizing and doesn't irritate my skin in the least. It is great on my hair; I use it after it is dry and it adds shine and tames frizz without making it oily. The best part of a good dry oil is the ability to get the benefits of an oil without any oily residue because dry oil absorbs quickly and dries (duh lol!) dry. Maybe why they call it DRY oil??! ;) Additionally, I use body oil or baby oil (the cheap thin kind) to shave. I have never ha razor burns or bumps since I started doing this. I've been using this dry oil as a pre AND post shave product and it is wonderful! I'm typically not a huge fan of Garnier products but I would highly recommend this very versatile product!

Popular Styling Products